Seemingly having an issue with temp variables

For now, here is the link on dropbox:

However, how would you do it on dashing don? in future?

Here’s your problem, exactly as I said before. You are using a *goto_scene to a certain label, which means you are re-entering the scene and the temps vars at the beginning are NOT created (since you skip directly to the label).

Change it to *goto walk_a (since you’re already in the ‘waken’ scene). I think there are a few other instances of the same thing happening (*goto_scene waken walk_y etc.). Find them and change them as well.

As for the dashingdon, you can add /scenes to the game link and view all scene files.

5 Likes

That seems to have worked, although still a little confused why it wouldn’t just let me jump to meetings and branch out from there, but if it works, then it works.

Also, how, exactly, would you do that for dashingdon? I know I can upload files, but not sure how I can view them, apart from playing the game, when I do so.

From what I understand, if you use *goto_scene instead of *goto, the game will treat it as a new scene file and reload it, which means the temp variables are lost.

The wiki says:

As soon as your game loads a new scene file as a result of either a *finish or *goto_scene command, all of your temporary variables – and their values – are lost from memory . In essence, temporary variables can only be used within the current scene file.

Add scenes/ at the end of the link to your game, like this:

https://dashingdon.com/play/arcsmith/a-light-in-the-darkness/mygame/

Index of /play/arcsmith/a-light-in-the-darkness/mygame/scenes

Then if you go to this ^ link, the text files will be available for viewing.

OK, but when I am on dashing down, there is the play, upload, and edit stuff. I’m a little bit confused.

On Dashingdon, go to your dashboard, and click “upload assets”

Then look under the “browse” button where you upload your files, and there should be a link highlighted in blue. This will be your scenes file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.