Samurai of Hyuga is released!

As a huge anime fan I loved the feel of this game. I especially loved creating anime style characters . That cliffhanger had me disappointed I couldn’t buy the next book right there

1 Like

Knowing that we can’t ask about when a book will be released, are we allowed to ask if a book is being worked on? :wink:

Agreed. That was the only part that slightly removed my immersion, even though I knew what most of the words meant.

On the topic of the game itself… While I found Fatehaven nice and enjoyable, this is above and beyond the skills you displayed writing that. Even if my choices don’t lead me to different paths, the different reactions the MC has depending on what you pick is solid. Engaging story, solid characters, and an interesting plot. Not gonna lie though, the friendship between the protagonist and Masami really reminds me of Katanagatari, I keep expecting her to wrap me up in her hair.

My only gripe is I can’t be a pure pacifist aside from the spirits, I can’t spare the Yakuza :frowning:

Giant Salamander best spirit animal

The Android version keeps crashing on me during break at work. Works fine at home, but I prefer to read these at work. My only guess is it has to do with lack of reception. Work is in the middle of a reception null zone. I haven’t had it crash anywhere else, but admittedly I don’t read these much other than at break-time so I suppose it could also crash elsewhere.

bought and played it.and enjoyed it tho the spirit attribute was alittle annoying but didn’t ruin it for me and I’m looking forward to the next Chapter

Your welcome and one more thing I found a problem romancing I wanted to do it. But couldn’t at my first playthrough can you even RO? And great game can’t wait for book 2.

Seems like I’m the only one having trouble immersing myself with the first person narrative. I feel like I’m being told a story instead of experiencing it. It’s really weird. Been trying to replace all the "I"s with "you"s in my head but to no avail. I guess I’ll give it another try.

So bought the game and thought it was great ( may or may not,have not gotten too into it😅) one thing though I noticed was no save system, so how’s that going to work with book two?

1 Like

Yeah, I felt a little worry about that when I reached the ending, too. :\

Yeah exactly, ahah I feel like I’ve become way too attached to my character at this point

I loved this game so much that can not but write a review ^^
So, I first played this game at the demo stage here, on Choice of Games forum. Just those 5 chapters made me want the full release badly! The style of writing is hilarious, characters are vivid (ah, Masashi… I am almost ready to forget about my usual nobleness and try to seduce this tsundere boy ^^’ His attitude towards the world and the main character – female in my case, - idealism and romantic view on some issues, along with childish behavior – that is an awesome setting for an awesome character), and all words, background and other small and big parts of the Main Characters and her (again, in my case) attitude to the society, people and etc. - this game really made me FEEL my character, and I love it!
Another thing that I really liked was the language used by the author. No, I do not mean Japanese words, that one could see here and there in the text, though those are an additional bonus to the enhanced story writing. I mean the English itself. I have been studying English since I was 6 years old (now I am 23), but I still found some unfamiliar words in the text and had to use a dictionary. And I loved it too! I simply can not stand cheesy writing. Both Fatehaven and Samurai provided me with some new vocabulary, which I find quite fascinating.
There were also a lot of things that made me either outright laugh or giggle. Surprisingly, I liked the perverted character line (though usually I avoid it in all games due to my personal discomfort when reading), some lines will stay in my mind for long and each time they will make me laugh.
Last but not least, the price for this book was surprisingly low! Some books of worse quality than this one are more expensive. While my salary is pretty low, the price made me even more happy.
Can not but mention that I am looking forward to the second part! And hope it will come as soon as possible. The only other game I am waiting with the same impatience is Way Walkers: University 3, and it takes really long for the author to complete it due to some personal issues =_=
Oh, one more thing: for some reason it`s impossible to launch the game without an Internet connection. This is the first time I face such a problem with Choice of games games, so I have not a single idea what might cause it.

I wish all the best to the author of these (Fatehaven and Samurai) fantastic books – MultipleChoice. I have already left a 5* star review in Google Play, shared it via Google+ and Facebook, and will recommend both masterpieces to my friends. Hope it will be of some help ^^’ Oh, and can not wait for some juicy love part in future Samurai books. Even though I`m a good girl, I still need to seduce some cute boys XD

P.S. I was surprised to see no Save system ==’

3 Likes

I just played the ending and really…

I want book 2 so badly. I’m feeling like I’m in a nightmare, you know, where you walk in an abnormal long corridor and you try to reach the door at the end of the corridor but when you come closer to the door it disappears. So what I’m saying here… book two is behind this door and I really want to reach it but it just seems impossible D:

But yeah… This is officially my favorite CoG. You did good. Too good. But I must say that I hate you for life because of this ENDING! I hate cliffhangers :'D

3 Likes

Dang I was hoping it was something else. Guess that means I can’t finish it. Or at least not anytime soon. It is rare indeed for me to be able to get a connection during break at work.

Oh, it might be just a problem that only I have to face. So I would recommend to try it yourself first and see if you have the same problem :slight_smile: No need to deprive yourself of such an enterntaining game just because grumpy old me got another technical problem with my apps xD

You guys, I needed Book 2 like yesterday. I’m really intrigued by both Masashi and Jun, I think their potential character development is going to be AMAZING. The author has done a great job in setting it up already in Book 1. Toshio will also be a really interesting one to watch as well. Can’t say I was overly enthusiastic about Hatch and Momoko, but they add an interesting component to the team. I’m super excited to see what comes ahead! Please don’t torture us for too long <3

3 Likes

I hope so, because that way I can ask @Havenstone is he’s still planning on working on XOR anytime soon.
Also loved this little gem of a game and finally found the character I really like a calculating yet charming pervert.
Our little charge is adorable and I hope there’s a way to save him.

My first read through was such a treat! Without a doubt, SoH is at the top of my favorites list. The pacing is great, characters were dynamic and enjoyable, and best of all - it was all well written! I did about three playthroughs last night just for fun. I will be doing a few more today because I did notice a few minor errors (I distinctly remember “differently” being used instead of “definitely” in one scene specifically).

I cannot wait for Book 2 and would love to see this tale expand into a series, but who am I kidding - life happens. Thank you for an amazing contribution!

Question. Does anyone have any idea exactly how old Masami/Masashi is? Because I’m trying to figure out whether I should flirt with her or back the hell off.

Here’s your equation: ½(your age) + 7

I more meant, is she underage or not? Do not want to be flirting with her if she is.