Samurai of Hyuga is released!

Unfortunately there’s not. I think COG usually only begins to implement the save system once they have confirmation the sequel is definitely on the way.

Is there a way to get any of the Gifts offered by the snake spirit?
Or will you always succumb completely to greed and lose yourself?

Nope, there is no way to get any of them. The only difference between the Gifts is that if you choose one of them and you have the right stats, then your Attunement will decrease less.

Darn
I really wanted the long tongue for pervertedness. :grin:

1 Like

I played it, and absolutely regretted it. Because now I have to wait for the sequel.

Seriously, this might have been my favorite COG game to date. Loved everything about it, really. Can’t wait for more.

If it’s not too much to ask for could you give us an approximate age for masami? Pleaseeee? :]

This was discussed earlier in the thread. We think she’s 12-14, but that’s just an educated guess.

You are right but, I just wanted to know what is the point of view of the author :slight_smile:

Nice story! Just finished it and enjoyed it. Way to leave it on a cliff hanger though, now I’m going to have to hang out for the sequel :slight_smile:

@Usana and @Liudmila- internet connection issues are sorted now if you were using android phones. (It’s why I only just got to finish it yesterday). Just update the ap :smile:

The new update added save functionality!!! Does this mean that book 2 is now confirmed? Please say yes :grin:

4 Likes

Really? that’s awesome!

Book 2 confirmed?! Excuse me while I do my happy dance!

2 Likes

Are you telling me you haven’t done it till now?

@MultipleChoice
I’ll just say here that I absolutely adore your writing and I was about to overlook this app until I recognized the author.
Now please please please take this advice im about to give you and understand that I say this because I honestly feel that you are better than this.
DONT use words like Baka or gomenesai it’s SO cringe worthy and it definitely takes me out of an otherwise interesting read. If this were anybody elses writing I would’ve stopped reading after the first use of ‘Baka!’ and deleted the app with not even giving it a second chance
I’m absolutely shocked im the first bring this up as a major problem. The acceptable age to be adding ‘Baka’, ‘kuso’, etc, into a story is 13-16 at the VERY oldest and even that is sort of pushing the age limit. Nobody will take you or your writing seriously if you continue throwing in random japanese words into your dialogue. I know that sounds harsh but it’s the truth
Also as a side suggestion try adding a page with all the definitions of all the words that anybody without former knowledge of japanese culture wouldn’t be able to recognize.
Other than that thanks for another interesting story and I look forward to the next installment. Despite my criticisms please understand that I only say that because I just enjoyed your story so much. I’m definitely not the type to write reviews but I feel really strongly about this.

1 Like

The only thing worse than a weeaboo, is someone who’s ashamed they’re a weeaboo. That’s where your cringe comes from.

6 Likes

When I see people criticizing the use of Japanese words in writings whose settings are either in Japan or inspired by Japan, I always wonder if they would criticize it also if it was another language used in a matching setting…
I mean is it something that bugs people really or is it just because of an unconsciously made correlation to fanfiction which use those words rather liberal that makes it unprofessional? I guess it’s probably the last one as the same people that cringe about words like baka are totally fine when other languages (real ones and for the setting contrived) are used…or butchered.

Also the game seems to deliberately allude to anime, manga and its respective fandom with whose words. So any fanfiction / fansub-flashbacks are probably also intentional.

A glossary isn’t a bad idea, though.

2 Likes

@Sammysam
Yes, to answer your question I would criticize it. If I tried imagining someone doing the equivalent but with Tagalog it’d look weird and clunky. Look you just cant treat language like its an accessory. Dont just throw in random words wherever you think its sounds cool.
The appropriate time to sprinkle in other languages is in an english setting to show that the character cant speak english properly.
Im not saying take out, san, chan, or senpai, or any word whose meaning cant be translated to english without sounding clunky. If its a cultural thing I understand why they’d leave it in.
The thing is theres absolutely no reason to add in Japanese words. It’s set in Japan, we know theyre speaking japanese. Not only that but it takes away from the writing if anything so I see absolutely no purpose to it.
I cant remember correctly but I believe I read somewhere he planned to take this to Steam? I cant be sure but if does do that, he’s going to be made a laughing stock. To be honest Im making a big deal out of this because I really dont want to see that especially to a writer I like and a story that I enjoyed
I really hope Im not coming off as aggressive or anything cause Im not trying to I promise.

1 Like

Really? I really enjoyed the Japanese words, especially the titles for each chapter. I thought it was a cool addition.

7 Likes

Well the thing is. This isnt a matter of whats cool or what I think is lame. I’d say it’s kind of disrespectful. I mean you cant just slap in random words cause it’s often used in anime and manga.
I’m filipino and I can say that I’d be kind of offended if someone treated my culture and my language like this. I mean can you imagine if a japanese author tried writing english characters in an english setting and wrote the entire story in japanese but threw in random catchphrases from sitcoms into their dialogue and wrote it in english letters? Doesn’t that sound ridiculous?
And another point I’d like to make is like, most asians are forced to conform to american culture because they’re teased and they’re made to feel ashamed about their own culture. Then they have to watch people not only accessorize their culture but just bastardize their language? I can tell you right now that there are japanese people who feel really angry about that. Though on that subject I have to wonder if I have any right to talk seeing as I’ve only ever heard a literal friend of a friend who feels that way. I suppose Ill leave that topic to an actual japanese person.
Though to summarize I really feel this is a change that should be made.

1 Like