Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

I was the chipmunk first cause my main MC is so flipping protective and just wants to prevent bad things from happening to her merry band…but then I found out about the pretty kimono and light saber…thus I had to. >\\>*

3 Likes

My main playthrough is akita. I like the symmetry between the MC’s noble pup and Jun(ko)'s vicious wolf.

Also dogs are the best

9 Likes

I struggle between Firefly and Snow Monkey. Do I want to be classy when teasing my comrades and easily slick, or do I want to be flat out lewd and make everyone uncomfortable making the reactions more worth it?

7 Likes

I just finished the game and boyyy do I feel like a crappy ronin! My poor akane is going back to her old ways. :sob:

5 Likes

Somethings wrong with the app, when I choose choice only mode but instead it’s text input. Please can u sort it

Please send your concern with CoG email support. They are the ones who handles app issues and also relay concerns to the author for any revisions/corrections. =)

Simply incredible :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi everyone , i know I’m late , i was hiding in the shadow reading your comments and feedbacks :sweat_smile::joy:
So i decided to show up and shar my opinion
First i noticed how some of us disagree with the author , i was at first but then i said hey devon is a clever author and never failed to amaze us , so it’s impossible to imagine he will do something to offend the readers , i have faith and I’m happily waiting for book 4 :blush:
And about some funny moment i noticed about tosh in book 2 they were all against romance (matchmaking) and suddenly become "i Love you " with the MC , what a hypocrite :joy::joy: , speaking of which , the mc mentioned this word somewhere in book 3 when they were talking about nishi, i suppose masa finally explained it to them

4 Likes

So I’m curious. Has anyone here chosen to teach Ige how to kill all the way through? I chose that on my playthrough and I was left with a thought “what have I done?”. Srsly considering playing it again so I’ll stop my ronin from destroying Ige’s innocence;;
On the other hand it gives pretty good picture how brutal their sensei was…

4 Likes

My Ronin didn’t teach Ige on how to kill. I just don’t want him to be killer. Though my Ronin is currently second guessing her decision. :cry:

2 Likes

Yes I did once I thought that might save Ige, but since he dies anyway, I prefer to let him keep his innocence..

1 Like

Every time through. Not that it helps at all.

1 Like

From what I do understand is that it doesn’t really matter how you teach Ige, he’s still going to die every time you play. But Daisuke’s death is definitely 100% avoidable if you know how he prefers to fight. (Hint. With a spear. He’s a monster with it.)

2 Likes

I tried it on one of my playthroughs. I felt like a monster for doing it.

I prefer Ige innocent in the end. For me it gives a sense that as a teacher I didn’t cross a line and let myself become like the old sensei but because my MC didn’t cross that line and Ige ends up dead (even though he ends up dead regardless) it feels like a question at the end for my MC, should he have been harder and more ruthless in training and what was the price of being softer. Or you could go vice versa having Ronin believe that you were too hard on Ige making him blood thirsty and careless. Either way my Ronin blames himself.

6 Likes

I have chosen to teach ige how to kill , i mean it does make sense to me , it’s a “kill or be killed” competition , i don’t think you will go to a battle without being ready to fight/kill in order to survive , sorry if you think I’m insensitive😓 , i just saw it more fitting to the plot …just my opinion
BTW what will happen with masashi if you choose otherwise , i ended up with his feet on my back :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Hey now dont apologize everyones got a different way of playing if u prefer to teach ige how to kill thats cool to and it also makes sense for ur MC :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love this game and all the last ones. Whenever I go to Japan I think of this story and constantly talk about it :joy:

1 Like

I finished book 3 some days ago and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I remember seeing it around the time it released and thinking I’d get around to playing it soon and then forgot about it until just recently.

I guess thas was from a loss of interest on my part during the last quarter of Book 2. I loved the shogi tournament and everything, but there’s something in the Baron section that just doesn’t agree with me… which is really weird because I had a blast with the murder mystery at the beginning.

I think it was really well done. I’m not an expert or anything, but I think it was a very solid attempt at shifting the genre for a bit. Moreover, I think it ends just before fatigue can truly set in so that’s good and doing different things from time to time can be a perfect way to shake things up a bit and explore different narratives.

I will agree with those that some romances are generally slightly rushed, though. Toshie was the most egregious example in this book: while there’s a nice touch in the beginning if you get 100% Deduction and 100% Observation, the romance goes from 0 to 100 around the midway point of the book and I think it would have been much better if those scenes had been built up during the whole book and if they had to happen at all in 3, they should have been near the end.

I still hope to see more of Kohaku in the future!

As for Hatch, I’m very much liking the direction his development is taking. He’s clearly maturing in Book 3 and it shows in the second part: discarding his identity of Hatch in public places is truly a selfless act to save all those villages from a leaderless horde of samurais; once the dust settles, only those in the know will be aware of Shatao’s true identity and Hatch will have few moments where he’s allowed to drop the mask he willingly took up. Gotta hand it to him, he doesn’t do things by halves. I didn’t think much of him in Book 1 but boy, did I love having to reevaluate my opinion of him!

Can’t wait for Book 4, especially because we’re getting a lot of Jun(ko) in that one. I’ve read a good part of the thread and I can see why people want to kill her or try to save her. I’d prefer to save her myself and I hope that’s possible (if it’s in the cards and it doesn’t happen in the next book); my main save has my MC ronin still carrying a huge torch for her so I hope she’s a RO. However, I don’t want Junko to get scot free of everything she’s done. The things she’s done, like attacking Masashi/mi and cutting off Momoko’ s tongue, need to be addressed even if we’re given the option of saving her from herself (or trying to, at least).

14 Likes

Maybe I missed something but where does it say (or imply) that the MC is a child of rape? I read comments that this was said early in book 1, but I can’t seem to find where.

When Tosh tells them what their spirit animal is. Tosh asks when they were born and MC implies it was nine months after a group of samurai ravaged their village.

2 Likes