Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

Yeah, but the Hatch I saw in the first and second part of this I didn’t think would be capable of this move that’s why I really hope that in the next part we will get to read more about him.
Edit: And to me that was a big disappointment about Kohaku, I didn’t think they were so ready to forget about their last master (stating of them the way I am bc I’m not sure wht they gender are for players who are interested in males).

Oh yeah I see what you mean by that. Hatch doing that took me by surprise but then again, he asked us to train him to wield the katana after his spirit animal (that’s an armored horse by the way from what he tells you) told him that he had to learn how to use it. So I would say that he’s finally getting some significant character development rather than to be treated as fodder.

But I do wonder if he’s going to yell at us or at least be okay with us after we slashed his face.

I was surprised he seemed cool with us at the end.

3 Likes

Exactly! We literally slashed his face. His reaction to it seems a bit off imo but as I said before, he’s a good guy with a good heart. But his brain? Yeah needs some more work.

1 Like

Well about his spirit animal I always thought that it’s a horse trained for peacefull things, like something to help out farmers or travellers, nothing what would need an armor.
But I agree with you this definitely showes the signs of some character development. But so far I can’t even form an opinion about this so far, so all I can do is wait for the next book to come out.

It could also symbolize Hatch becoming a solider in order to protect the weak and the innocent. That’s how I really would look at it with the information we have gotten so far in the series about him.

That’s the impression I got about him too. But to take the role of a tyrannic leader seems just a bit off character for him.

Well, I don’t think he’d act like a tyrant. He’d probably going to be the same old Hatch as usual while confusing the hell out of the army wondering why their general is acting differently. But having Kohaku around him should help repel some curiosity since she knew the Ronin had killed the general but didn’t flinch when Hatch was putting the armor on.

Possible but then again, Jun/ko seems to be a vital part of our Ronin’s identity. Killing them off in the middle of series seems to be too early. My hypothesis is: we will not be able to defeat Jun/ko in Book 4 but they might be one of the vital keys for us to unlocked our potential since in Book Four, we will be exploring our Ronin’s past. Also judging from their action, they are not out to kill our Ronin, why though? =/ The choice of killing them would be probably the beginning of Book Six perhaps?

In my opinion, we might not be able to join the rebels since we have a charge who is now connected to the royal family and Tosh being a friend to the Emperor. But there’s a possibility that there will be an arc that Tosh will have to choose between our Ronin and the Emperor, vision wise I mean.

There are still theories going around that the Emperor might be one of the demons though so that would add to the drama. XD

3 Likes

Don’t you dare say that in front of my Toshie! I don’t wanna hurt her anymore than I already did…

4 Likes

Is there a theory on how they become demons in the first place?

1 Like

I doubt the Junko plot would hang around for six books. Especially with every other plot peice going on, it makes sense that we would beat them now. Junko is a vital part of our past, but book 4 is about confronting the past. So it would make sense for the Ronin to move past it and focus the 99 other problems.

1 Like

Well Junko decided to try to become one by killing people…maybe they just met at a convention…or take on a creigslist add?

As of now, Satsuma most likely is not a demon yet. Remember, the last prophecy he gave us was about this person that is supposedly pure but will eventually become corrupt when this person marries another from a different strong clan.

Maybe both Satsuma’s and the kid’s clans are two of the strongest and richest in Hyuga. That’s kind of the theory about him being the last demon.

4 Likes

I will admit (not to Toshie’s face) I do find somthing off about him.

2 Likes

@Harian I can’t seem to find it. Such theory exist since there is a line in the prophecy:

And finally, a spirit still yet pure. Of warring bloodlines of two clans. If they are united they will grow too powerful…you will have to swing your sword in a different way to finish this.

I think differently though since according to the prophecy, they will come from two clans. =/ It might also refer to Masa’s sister as well. XD

@Chain321 Perhaps but Jun/ko has been there since Book One and it felt like they are a huge part of the series that finishing off in the middle seems anti-climatic. XD

2 Likes

I suppose it would be fitting for the Emperor to become the last demon, bringing the slaying to a full circle. But how would the MC need to swing their sword in a different way?

2 Likes

By killing the kid’s sister?

Probably defeating this demon would be not be killing it per se. There must be some way to purified them without killing them?

I think it would rap up their plot nicely. I like Junko’s character but to be fair I don’t think they were ever ment to be the big bad. They seem to just be a storyline apart from the main plot.

1 Like