Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

I`m kinda stuck ; I keep trying to be a master of the Jigoku but can never get there. I could not do it with my usual calculated,perverted,charming,protective,finesse playthrough and so i tried it with the opposites of all of those. I managed to get the option of the Jigoku in the Barons home cinema but could not get in the trial or the fight with the samurai with Ige.

For that fight with the samurai who held Ige as hostage , you really can’t use Jigoku. :frowning:

ohhhhh. Is it possible to use it in the Baron`s trial?

Unfortunately, I don’t know. I never really tried it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Regarding fem Ronin’s repressed femininity…yeah I definitely got a sense of that with some of her reactions to everyone getting married. Like, she seemed rather cynical about it all, perhaps reflecting on that being something she can never have for herself. And then there is the dream about Jun and giving birth to his child in book 2… I’m guessing that is a plot thread that will come up again when they meet.

7 Likes

Oh, god, YES. That scene was incredible. I was left speechless by the intensity, especially if you give in and wake up clinging to Momoko saying “I’m yours”. Fem!MC would be a troublesome mom, but not a bad one, I think. She’s very protective of kids (Masa, Ige…), because of her own childhood, I assume. As Jun said, she’s obsessed with innocence. But there would be huge fights over the kid if Jun and MC are the parents, especially because I think Jun would want the kid to be the heir of the Jigoku and MC would refuse and protect him/her at all costs.

Well, I very much doubt we’ll see a child of MC’s, at least not until the very ending. I don’t think I would like to see it, either… MC would try her hardest to be a good mom, but I doubt she would want it. She’d probably be horrified just thinking about it, because we all know how bad she thinks about herself T_T

NOW I’M SAD AND EMOTIONAL. POOR FEM!RONIN.

11 Likes

So many people here are like delving in deep into the ronins deepest concerns, hopes for the future and are being extremely insightful and knowlegeable whilst mine is just smashing peoples heads against pottery and carving open anyone who looks at her wrong
shrugs

11 Likes

Sounds like your Ronin has a lot of unresolved anger issues.

5 Likes

Best way to live.:sunglasses:

3 Likes

That’s more or less the route I went. When everything starts to get out of hand I just went numb; responding only to lust and bloodshed.
Hmm… I guess that’s why I felt so out of place at the end of book 3.

1 Like

You and me both buddy

I was down and defeated at the end like my Ronin at all the loss. But Resolute to get the Jigoku back to not be powerless again and be the monster who kills monsters.

Also pinning for Junko.

6 Likes

Ehhh…okay I really dislike this. I don’t want to play a character that has to embrace her femininity. I really don’t. And I dislike the implications that to be healthy an unfeminin character has to change her gender expression and relation to gender, I really dislike it. Maybe this is not what you want to say or not what you want to imply with this, but it sounds very much like it.
And again I would dislike to end up in a narrative that forces this on me. Some may want to have their Ronin become more feminine, I don’t. And I don’t want to have to deal with a narrative that treats either way like something bad. Just my opinion as somebody who is fed up with narratives that treat gender nonconformity as something to “grow out” of. Well…by now I will just hope it won’t end up like that and that the topic gets treated with nuance…but I’m concerned.

I personally hope it’s something from the past…or if any children in the future come up that we get a say in it, because I’m not sure I would keep playing if there is a inevitable pregnancy plot for the female Ronin…That’s a (sub)plot that would weird me out too much to be comfortable with it…

(Also didn’t like the romances much “despite” being attracted to women, so I think the problem some have may not be a straight/sapphic women disconnect but more of a different ways to expirience attraction problem…I know for me Momo felt like a character that wasn’t supposed to be attractive for me but a different audience, and my problem with the Tosh romance is mostly caused by the fast pacing what led me to dislike the dynamic we ended with.)

18 Likes

I hope that there would not have a pregnancy plot. I wouldn’t mind seeing my Ronin have a children of her own but I would like to see it in the epilogue. But that dream might only be a metaphor of something, not in a literal sense.

2 Likes

Yeah, totally possible but various people have brought up the possebility that it could be foreshadowing and I’m not that sure I’m that on board with it as some of the other people. :sweat:

(But I’m weird anyway, I always pretend my MCs adopted if any children come up in epilogues and stuff)

2 Likes

You know people love to theorize and such. We just have to keep calm and hope for the best in Book 4. :smile:

One thing why I sometimes don’t like to provide theories since I don’t want to put my hopes too high and get disappointed when it didn’t happen but some fans do love their theories.

6 Likes

Oh, I just meant the dream might come up again, and the Ronin’s feelings about it…not that there would necessarily be any actual children or pregnancy plot. It might be something Jun/ko wants. But, I can’t really see that happening with the Ronin right now to be honest, without getting in the way of the action. Maybe as part of the ending of the story, depending on choices, who knows. We don’t really know at this point if there will be a happy ending in the first place. Though I kind of hope this won’t be a “your character dies at the end” type of story. :smile:

5 Likes

Oh for some that probably sounds like a perfect ending, but yeah, I agree I would like the option for my Ronin to survive (and be happy…or on the way to become happy at least)

4 Likes

Yeah I agree, from a narrarive perspective it can be great, and dramatic, and all that…but in a game, it often feels more like a giant downer, like you just ‘lost’ the game, lol. :wink:

I also think it’s much harder (and can be more interesting and rewarding) for a character to be redeemed and have to live with themsleves, than just getting the standard heroic death/sacrifice…

But, I’m sure the ending will be great, and surprising, whatever it turns out to be.

2 Likes

Are we still talking about MC? :wink:

2 Likes