Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

Um no, we saw the interaction pretty clearly. It was done clearly out of jealousy. Momoko did nothing to provoke it. Kinda of insane is a understatement, but yeah there was no justification for the action.

Well that’s a very plausible reason but the way I’m seeing it right now, if that moment ever comes where I need to use either the spirit animal or the Jigoku to survive again, you can bet on my ronin telling his wild boar to scram and use the Jigoku.
Only helped us twice… muttering (and of course, it gave us some pretty sweet clothes…)

Well the spirit animal didn’t help them out a couple times when they remembered their past.

I think it was certainly a punishment. I don’t know what happens in a game where you sleep with Momoko, but my ronin rejected her and Jun thought something along the lines of “the tongue that tried to tempt his woman away from him”.

So the impression I got was that Jun wanted to make sure she would never tempt my ronin again. It’s actually curious Jun decided not to kill her now that I think about it. Maybe they let her live as a message?

3 Likes

I agree my Ronin is not very trusting of his spirit animal after it didn’t help Ige in the fight
I would like to play it going more towards the Jigoku style now after him losing fate in spirits.

If you slept with Momoko like I did, then the plot changes a bit to accommodate it.
There was a line that said something like this

“She was only good for one thing and it was the hole between her legs. Filthy cow.”

I did sleep with Momoko, it’s basically the same thing with different wordinding.

Actually, I only remember them meeting and then Jun/ko was walking alone. I don’t remember there being any scene where it is actually happening.

I meant we clearly know why she did it. As far as the actual mutilation we see before and get a clear description of after.

We didn’t see the actual event I think that is what Outrageous means and there might be more info there.

1 Like

From the way I see it, our Ronin are still running from their past. I mean, there were some lines like “How would someone fall it love with someone like me” and the like… In my opinion, it just shows that the Ronin still haven’t forgiven themselves yet.

3 Likes

My Ronin seems to really hate themselves I don’t know if it plays different for someone who is a drifter and not protective.

Same here, I think self loathing is trait shared by all Ronin.

Yup my ronin is drifter, she also hates herself. I guess they all do.

And I agree with @resuri08, the ronin doesn’t have mastery of their spirit animal, not even close. They were powerful enough to best a kitsune, but not save a kid on the battlefield, and they feel helpless without the Jigoku. .

3 Likes

Eh, my protective Ronin is more or less nonchalant and think they should be more feared rather than hating themselves, then again they have the charming & perverted traits too, so idk.

But I just don’t like Jun/ko, that’s it really, to each their own. The only thing my Ronin knows about them from the perspective is the fight in the opening Book 2 and opening of Book 3. I haven’t seen any of the rapey stuff people are talking about, and not too interested to be fair.

I’ve got charming/perverted also, but combined with drifter, it reads very much like a defense mechanism. My ronin is finesse rather than brutal, though, so I imagine that changes the nuance.

You get a slightly different reaction if you choose the option where you love her, while being a female mc w/ Jun instead of Junko which will get you “Why a woman?” Jun voiced his frustration aloud. “She could never satisfy you like I can. Oh, you must be so lonely, my love.” which ngl made me laugh

4 Likes

I didn’t romance Momoko at first but got curious and went back to play that to see any changes in dialogue. You get “Why a woman” too if you are male ronin and male Jun. It seems he couldn’t understand why suddenly my gay ronin was into woman. I confused the poor lad. :laughing:

I also tried female Ronin with female Junko she wasn’t that confused. It sound actually a little more vicious, calling her only good for a hole. While calling her human trash in my non romance Momoko playthrough.

I wonder how Jun is going to handle my interest in Tosh. Not well I think.:worried:

5 Likes

I have a feeling that if you romanced Toshie and Junko finds out about it, she’s going to be enraged. And it just might make Momoko’s tongue seem very tame compared to what she could do to Toshie.

2 Likes

This is what I fear the most. =O