Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

You need to setup your account to be part of the adult reader group. You could see the link to registering in the FAQ.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/faq

a) HOLYSHITTHATWASQUICK
b) huh…thnx

I wonder if Jun will be a romanceable character. Does anyone know something about this?

Jun(ko) is the most romanceable character so far, imo! I mean, it’s all very tragic and obsessive, but MC gets lots of options about still having feelings for them and Book 4 is all about finding them again and the confrontation! Some players will want to beat their ass and some to smooch them to death (not literally! lol) so yeah! I would say Jun(ko) is romanceable!

6 Likes

Thank you, I’m really happy now. Because there is the Toshio romance and I thought that if Jun could be our lover again or something than I will not be with Toshio. If we have to kill Jun than I would pick Toshio.

Just thought I’d put this here for anyone curious about the different spirit armors.
NOTE: These are all for male ronin & there might be some differences for a few when it comes to female ronin.

Summary

Barn swallow: a kimono with as brilliant colors as theirs. My undershirt was crimson red and ran high upon my neck, beneath a yellow kimono that the Gold General himself would envy. And of course, the brilliant blue haori jacket above all else, which carried behind it a constant wind.

Alligator: shin guards and sleeves, plated thigh pieces and shoulders. On my chest was the well-known lamellar armor, but in rigid alligator scales instead of iron.

Snow monkey: I was naked. Or at least, it felt that way. My shoulders were bare; my long, fur-trimmed sleeves connected from my arms down to a red sash. My chest and bandages were on full display, yet I felt incredibly warm inside this brown-and-white yukata.

Akita inu: chainmail above a traditional men’s kimono. The problem was the bright-orange haori jacket, which to my horror had the same white mountain trim as the Shinsengumi.

Firefly: a kimono that looked plain black and delightfully low-key. I had feared it would be something more flashy, and rightfully so. My haori jacket was silk, and more than that, it was semi-translucent, and its gold patterns gave off a remarkable shine. The simple kimono was, in truth, carefully embroidered with a dozen designs revealed at my every step.

Giant salamander: It was in the style of some obscenely well-outfitted ashigaru—a foot soldier—with shin guards and sleeves, plated thigh pieces, and shoulders, too. Like the salamander, my chest piece wasn’t made out of iron, but a spongy material of black-and-brown speckled skin.

Spider crab: Shin guards and sleeves, plated thigh pieces and shoulders—and the chest piece, of course, all colored in the white and orange of the spider crab. It was surprisingly lightweight, save for the back piece, which I couldn’t see.

Chipmunk: shin guards and sleeves, plated thigh pieces and shoulders. They and my chest piece were colored in browns and blacks, and each was outlined in white. It was a samurai’s gusoku, save for one major detail: instead of a helmet, I wore the unmistakable cowl of a sohei.

Wild boar: I wore nothing atop my bandaged chest save for a sleeveless jacket. A general’s surcoat—a jinbaori painted in bloody red and white. It was the sight every samurai feared most on the battlefield. I had no armor save for plated sleeves, which included gloves with tusks on them.

Striped snake: It was a ninja’s mask, part of a fully featured shozoku colored black. The shinobi outfit was surprisingly low-cut and sleeveless—though hardly revealing, for atop my skin was some sort of mesh or webbing that had an uncanny resemblance to snakeskin.

13 Likes

Wild boar is the most badass

4 Likes

Agreed, though snow monkey & the firefly are my favorite light weight armors. Akita is my favorite “heavyweight”.

My favorite and spirit animal is Wild Boar with highest protective stat 77%, no doubt. Maybe I will choose Firefly in the next playthrough while waiting patiently for Book 5 :thinking:

1 Like

I was glad with the firefly armor. I’m not really a fan of heavy armor. :joy:

2 Likes

My spirit is also firefly and the moment I turned into a thunder bug was awesome.

2 Likes

I don’t care if I’m a garden snake, Imma bite the shit out of everything. Snek power assemble. :snake:

3 Likes

MC: “I’m a sneeek! I’m a sneaky lil snek Jun.”

Jun: “Ne-kun, darling, what the f*ck are you talking about?”

MC: “Slithering in Sensei’s dojo. Hasssthsthsssthsssthsssa.”

Jun: “I-“

MC: “HTSSTHSSTHSSTHSSTHSSAA!!”

Jun: confused “And people say I’m insane.”

11 Likes

Hisssssssss! Our baby snake is the best, and if you’re romancing Toshio/e, it’s a nice addition. Pair of shinobi <3

1 Like

a6ee610ac12a65f4a0d0e937edc58e5c

6 Likes

I’m curios. Is there a harem route. My mc is perverted so it just feels right

Harem route? Don’t think so. Able to flirt with & do the horizons monster mash with people at every available opportunity? Yep.

1 Like

Hello!

I made a thing:

It may or may not be helpful for you - I hope it is!

Also, I went and (re-)made another thing:

It’s nothing particularly fancy but I always enjoyed the idea of the author hiding secret winks to fan-favourite stories, and I’d like to share that.

18 Likes

Is anybody romancing Kohaku successfully? If so, feel free to toss me some hints! Lol.

You just mustn’t tell him/her that you are already with someone. After it’s all patience game… Like book 6 patience (at least, make even book 7)

3 Likes