Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

I speculate that he was more adept at his pseudo-European sword play and not as proficient when mimicking a Hyugan style. Then again I can’t remember if the illusion of Sadao fought with a katana since the real one had entrusted his to poor Ige (speaking of which, I forgot what happened to Sadao’s special katana after Ige died?).

Its also possible the Baron’s illusion never meant to win or kill and was more interested in relaying a false confession as the real Baron opted to enslave the MC rather than killing them.

2 Likes

Is the next book ever coming out?

It’s currently being worked on so it’s possible we will see it released sometime this year.

And a friendly reminder that it is against the forum rules to ask for the progress update on the WIP.

Edited: You could either follow his Patreon or his Twitter feed. He regularly posts updates and answers questions there.

9 Likes

I wonder what happened to Momoko after her encounter with Junko and if they’ll be reunited again with the MC at some point.

Given Hatch taking up the role of a general I do wonder if he’ll rejoin the MC’s demon hunting quest or pursue his own new path.

Also were the demons we’ve encountered so far all been aware of and to some level working with each other or did they operate independently? And do we know how someone becomes a demon?

A preview chapter for Book 4 read ‘The Demon with Golden Eyes’ which likely refers to Junko’s transformed state in Book 3, if so could that suggest transformation arises from some combination of intense emotions and moral depravity, applicable to any human?

1 Like

From my vague understanding of how Onis work, there is precedent for still living humans to become demons if they’re significantly evil. Like, really evil. Onis, or demons, are normally born when humans die, go to hell, and are so wicked that they become the spirits that torture the less evil souls there. But the world of SoH might work differently and Onis might not be the inspiration for demons here.

2 Likes

“There’s a special place in hell for me, it’s called the throne.”

Well we do know for sure that we will be seeing Momoko again. But it’s hard to say when at this point since we literally have no clue in what’s going to happen during Book 4. But one thing we can expect is she won’t be able to speak ever again.

Hatch is most likely staying on as the general to keep the samurais under control. No Shatao, no master for them. Thousands of wandering and murderous Ronin would only spell disaster in Hyuga.

Momoko actually came up with this theory during Book One when we were “delivering” her to the Yazuka. Or was it in Book Two when she was looking over the MC’s wounds? I can’t remember which.

2 Likes

I wonder how Momoko will communicate now. And how the incident with Jun/ko affected her psychologically. I feel bad for her, she keeps suffering.

Do we know more about her past? She mentioned a mentor in Book 2 which made me curious about her background.

3 Likes

The preview for Chapter 11 reads ‘Acceptance’ that might indicate a significant turning point for the MC. It might indicate how Book 4 in general will be about confronting and overcoming the past that has haunted the MC for three books so far.

Maybe while Book 3 ended with the MC at one of their lowest points, Book 4 might end placing them in a considerably better position, albeit still likely a cliffhanger?

3 Likes

It occurs to me rather morbidly, that probably the quickest/most obvious way for Momoko to communicate at the moment is through writing (assuming it would take her a while to pick up some variant of Hyugan sign language) - which, uh… our poor ronin wouldn’t understand…

Dunno, just feel like if that came up (certainly in my headcanon now) it would only make MC’s own guilt and lack of self-worth that much worse.

6 Likes

Momoko: (writes something in elegant kanji)
Misako the ronin: (picks it up) Whuh? (reads it) I can’t read it…
Momoko: (does sign language)
Misako: I still don’t understand what you’re saying… (Momoko looks glum at hearing that)

3 Likes

hey! i just wanna know, is there a way to save Ige and Daisuke?In chapter 23 it mentions daisuke ended up dying, bugger…

Ige dies no matter what. But Daisuke can be saved. You can find guide at author’s site.

4 Likes

ahh cool, thank you. time to go back and replay that book for a third time lol

Soooo…we’re gonna ignore the entire part where:

a) according to history this is accurate as shit

b) even in fantasy, humans will be humans, as sad as that is its true

c) Kuniko wasnt a disposable character to further Hatch’s depth or development as a character. He was still the same dumb big-hearted strong headed idiot until the last moments of the game where he decided to take the responsibility upon himself because he felt like a burden and thought he should help the MC and everyone out

d) Kuniko was shown to be strong. Idk about you, but when I read the part where she disnt wanna tell the villagers what happened, it sent chills down my spine and damn near made me cry. In a fucking world where the amount of people who want to talk like there is no tomorrow (guilty of this myself) outnumber the ones who rather hold burdens upon themselves by a mile, thats a show of fucking capability and courage and mental strength that some MC dont get until way later in the story, but we’re shown feom the beginning that this character is sympathetic and kind-hearted. She wasn’t used as a tool and wasnt seen as “desposable woman” as you so kindly put it. And if I didnt understand what you said or glossed over something you wrote, feel free to shame me for being an idiot with too much time on his hands. I have been known to make mistakes while being a complete dumbass but I stand by my points. Kuniko is one hell of a character and has more going for her than a pretty face and a warm heart. Also, not the first character to be raped. MC’s mom and villagers and even Jun/ko

10 Likes

I don’t know if you already got your answer or not, and would much more recommend you just wait for the games full release so you arent blue balled as hard as me rn. But if you insist, you can play the first 5 chaps as a demo (link is in his twitter, google SoH 4 demo and you’ll find it) or I can spoil but minor details that wont effect the story much, but will satisfy your curiosity enough that you wont go ahead and ruin ghe surprise for yourself by opening a present before Christmas eve

wait, did someone call Kuniko a disposable woman? she didn’t at all strike me as the type. Like you said, she’s strong. Even after what she went through she was still strong. She honestly didin’t feel like just another plot device.

5 Likes

If you learned everything about him, you wont be as curious or at least, you wont have the same appreciation towards the ronin as you did/do. Better keep some things in the dark and for your imagination to play with imo :grimacing:

I think they already played the demo. SoH 4 demo is also available here. :smiley:

If you like to join the discussion of SoH 4 related topics, you could go here :

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/samurai-of-hyuga-book-4-demo/54944/204

2 Likes

Says I have no access to the content :stuck_out_tongue: