Samurai of Hyuga Book 3 (Patreon/Early Access info on Post 1297!)

That was a thing :joy:. Wow lol. I’ll have to go read the comments

I wonder what will become of Daisuke given his determinant status.

2 Likes

Best guess is that he’s sticking around with Nishi, Borgia and the kid. I got a feeling that the ninja is going to be either discreetly following us or he/she’s going to be sticking by the Emperor. If not, then with the group.

1 Like

According to the twitter feed preview the first chapter of Book 4 will be titled ‘Our First Winter’.

If I recall correctly winter was approaching towards the end of Book 3, perhaps upon its arrival the MC in their pursuit of Jun/ko recall some significant event between them and that particular season the first time it occurred for them together - could it be a flashback with choices?.

9 Likes

I actually saw all of the released chapter titles on Devon’s Twitter a couple of days ago and it makes me feel like Book 4 is possibly going to be heavy on the flashbacks to the ronin’s past with Jun/ko and it also seems like we are going to see Jun/ko pretty early in the story as well from what the chapter titles seemed to imply.

13 Likes

I’m really excited to see the history between the two and learn more about what life was like with sensei.

17 Likes

Same!! I want to learn more about my ronin’s childhood

So cool, a different approach. If the majority of Book 4 will be an extended flashback then will there be time left to slay the next demon?

Only Chapter 1 takes place entirely in the past. After that, there will be a few flashbacks but they’re just small asides. The vast majority of Book 4 takes place in the story’s current time frame.

34 Likes

Nice to hear from you. XD Looking forward to the Book 4!

3 Likes

Ooooooh interesting. I was somewhat right then… :thinking:

Dd most players choose to kill or spare ‘Sadao’ in the aftermath of their showdown at the dockyard?

I always felt like sparing him on first instinct because he seemed a sorry pathetic mess evoking pity but couldn’t quite wholeheartedly commit to the choice either and felt the fight was more complete if I chose to ‘kill’ him, as he seemed ready to die himself and was the one to initiate the duel.

Just a question if you dont mind i was just wondering if you would post a demo for book 4 in the forums, in the future? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yep! I won’t post it until the book is nearly done, but when I do, I’ll make a new thread for it.

19 Likes

I always spared him. Even if that was the Baron the entire time using illusion magic and the real Sadao was dead.

When Book 3 came out, I legit believed that Sadao was going to be part of the group but… Well you know lol

1 Like

Waiting for Book 4 like:

22 Likes

Haha yep, I’m even following on patreon and all, but still choosing to wait for the whole finished book to be released before reading any early access chapters or demo. I’m enjoying the monthly side stories, though! But can’t wait for book 4 to officially come out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Baron’s illusion of Sadao was capable of putting up a decent fight, even possibly forcing the MC to use Jigoku Itto Ryu depending on choices, was this a reflection of Sadao’s own skill somehow copied or the Baron’s?

2 Likes

Facts

3 Likes

I dunno why I didn’t see this but it’s more likely that it was the Baron’s skills itself. In that fake practice duel we had with him before dinner, we kind of had a hard time keeping up with him and his sword fighting style.

Dunno what exactly happened in the “final duel” but I’d probably assume that the Baron may had been distracted by the events going on at the time. Otherwise, he should had been able to open a can of whoop-ass on us easily.

2 Likes