Samurai of Hyuga Book 2 Demo

Well my character has to be blind to no difference a figure form from other. You could be all stupid you want and distinguish a horse figure from a tower. I as players wants to see at least what my character see. If it has to be blindly why in hell i have to hear panda kun in my head. Saying Move the figure thst looks like X… Go figure

The shape of shogi pieces are all the same though…
Maybe the King piece is bigger,But I think that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

then why panda kun is trolling telling move x figure for instance the priest?. It has no sense. If all are same. Panda kun should say "Hey Sky hairdresser you see the kanji that looks like a man with extended arms. Or something like that. I would love something like I could figure out in character not searching in Google the answer or just choose randomly

Sounds legit. I could totally see Masami/Masashi trying to “dumb down” what to do to the MC. Just saying what to do as if you can read is just short sighted of him. He knows you’re illiterate. (ie “Move the unique one to the left”, giving you a hint that the rook is different and not repeated compared to the other pieces and is the only one that CAN move left)

3 Likes

Yes, that’s good one advice too. But I would love heard what Panda kun figure to describe the kanji it could be funny. I could certainly see my perverted girl seeing some dirty stuff in the kanji XD . I use Panda kun just to don’t write male female names continuously also Panda kun spirit is so cute. I think my character is really in love with her protege.

I think it is very tipical of panda-kun (much better to write) not even bothering to describe the pieces and giving the MC an hard time…he Just Can’t understand how can someone be so ignorant :joy:

I think a note saying you need a specefic font library is a good idea. So people at least won’t get f***e in that department. :slight_smile:

But yeah, I did indeed feel as lost as MC probably would. :confused: And I would have ended up with a mixture of deduction and random guessing If not for the guidance by the spirit known as Google. ^^

I actually thought the shogi scene was pretty entertaining :relieved:
I wonder if I’m the only one but I always get a Lone Wolf and Cub feeling when playing Samurai of Hyuga and just love it.
Can’t wait for more. :smile:

10 Likes

I enjoyed the Shogi scene too. I can’t read Japanese and I don’t know what Shogi is, so I felt sympathetic for my poor frustrated ronin.

But then I managed to beat the guy after accidentally discarding a piece. I have no idea how but it was pretty funny. Also, Toshio told off Masashi for being a rude little brat so at least someone has my back.

13 Likes

I’m still bummed that thought spell wasn’t two-way.

…My perverted Firefly would have a field day.

A.

Field.

Day.

7 Likes

I really think the scene should rule different based in our Panda kun relationship. My main girl loves Panda kun is protective and charming and always is flirting the relationship is great. But in the mind scene it felt distant and she he knows my character doesn’t know how read she should give any kanji description because that makes me disconnect and just skip pressing random buttons until finally ended it. If I cannot win using my wits or intuition I don’t care It’s not something I could solve so what’s the point?

Hi, Edge, like your avatar picture, Is it supposed to be sexy Sebby (Sebastian Vael) from DA2?

Why can’t you solve this? It’s pretty logical, at least for me. If it’s any help I can show how I figured it out:

歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩歩
囗囗囗囗囗囗囗飛囗
香桂銀金玉金銀桂香

1. Move the rook to the far-left column
    The only thing I think I could possibly move to left here is:

2. drop one of the pawns we’ve captured in front of our king
    ㊀歩桂歩歩㊂㊃歩歩
    飛囗銀㊁囗金玉銀㊄
    囗囗囗金囗囗囗桂香
    You need to remember this:
    “I placed the king [玉] in the second row. […] So it was important to remember what he looked like.”
    Then it’s pretty easy to guess that the answer is:

Besides as others point out our protagonist is illiterate and never attend school, add to this that shogi looks like this:

So we can’t really blame him/her for not havin the slightest clue what to do.

18 Likes

Woow how easy… sarcasm. I HAVE ZERO IDEA OF WHAT THAT IS. if i don’t know how figures moves is impossible I get it. I know how play chess barely I have play as child. but i don’t know pieces name and moving in shoji. And Panda kun is explaining it in totally other language. Why I can’t just kill the guy and deal with it?
Edit I figure it at first try once I saw options but just for logic not because I had idea or Panda kun help she didn’t help at all
A sane person advice should be p example secon piece third row put it forth row 5 to the left

2 Likes

i got your point, but I guess it would be too easy, besides let’s remember that Panda-kun is really exited with that, it’s like someone would ask me to explain how the witcher universe work, in theory it’s quite easy to explain but since it is one of my favourite universes I would probably tried to pass much more information than needed and only end up really confusing someone.

3 Likes

Well Panda kun would receive a good tantrum when this is over. Really no my character loves her she probably would endure Panda long lessons

1 Like

I love the shogi scene though I’m more familiar with i-go. I have to look up some of the terms used in shogi so that help me out in some of the Kanji. XD

1 Like

@idonotlikeusernames, no it’s not supposed to be. It’s a cel shaded commission of a character I used to roleplay from Star Wars Sage Edition on into Star Wars: The Old Republic.

http://i.imgur.com/cAwo9IR.png

@poison_mara, the point isn’t to play a game and killing everything exacerbates the issue more often than it fixes. The point of the Shogi scene is to highlight panda-kun’s strengths as well as accentuate our weaknesses. So far, the MC has gotten through life on common sense, street smarts, and various strengths that we get to characterize as we’re playing it. Contrast panda-kun, who comes from a noble family, is a mage, and is extremely naive, not to mention weak in all matters physical.

Simply put, we’re supposed to feel weak in that scenario. And out of our element. I understand that your point is somewhat meta-related, but it’s still relevant. I’ve got little-no skill at reading kanji and while I know chess I’ve never played shogi, so all that clicking through didn’t make me curse the author out for putting in a pointless scene, but rather made me giggle at my frustration because the damnable fiend is good at his craft.

15 Likes

Well to be fair my problem with the scene come from At first my mobile didn’t have kanji library. My first contact with it was totally bizarre with the weird symbols appear when computers don’t have that content $#;"? Still Panda kun has no common sense that’s my point. Any sane person knows how described a damn movements to a illiterate and it is not Example. Move the sage into the lotto position to confront the samurai placed in a clawing defensive stand over the king
I will move my claw but not exactly in the board. I take it as insult Look how shit you are and how intelligent I am. Getting fun of the poor horfan. I missing a HATRED AND INSULTED feeling in the reaction of the scene or a direct lose on purpose .If i were the player I directly stopping playing and give victory my opponent.

Agreed XD My character would have aswell!!!