Samurai of Hyuga Book 2 Demo

Ohhhh…I get it now! Jun’s dialog make much more Sense!! thanks!

I also couldn’t understand a thing in the “chess” part,But since the MC is suppose not to get what’s going on in the game,being an unacculturated rorin,I found it understandable

(Please forgive my grammar,if wrong)

3 Likes

I found the chess (Shogi) part quite easy, but that was partly due to using my meta, player, knowledge. We’ll just chalk that one up to the Crocodile spirit in-game I suppose.

While that may be true my mc still wants himself some of our cute Kondo!! :heart_eyes:
Hmm…I suppose he’ll have to figure out a new plan. Toshio is literate right? Then maybe my mc will ask him to teach him to read all 20000 or so characters. In any case that cute Kondo isn’t just getting rid of my mc that easily.
It could also work as an excuse to remain close to Masashi for at least an extra year.

1 Like

But I don’t understand anything that happens in the scene. It could have been written in Japanese for all I understand. I didn’t knowing it was chess until the end!! i thought I was playing WARHAMMER samurai edition . And what do YOU want to move djvung ofbhekab obdhekb? WTF??? where put the pawn IN MOBILES SYMBOLS AREN’T VISIBLES AT ALL. ALL I SEE IS ####/####/?
Sorry the rant. But the rest is amazing maybe some minor description

My Mc is rather tamed, atleast by Ronin standards, I could easily see him being willing to get married and and settle down after all this cutting the heavens and such. I mean take Masami in as his daughter and Toshiba as the wife. Thats what I want for my MC lol.

I was confused too, but if you read carefully there is enogh information to figure out what to do. (and I don’t think it is chess, because you only have 1 rock and is chess you have 2, and the weird position of the pieces.)

In mobile i can’t see pieces at all only weird signs. I already too confused and then how hell i could move what I can’t see. Game is not explained at all. If you want people enjoying it you have to explain what hell is happening I have no idea you move $*#^ what’s #&#&? No idea. I know how to move pawn to protect king However i couldn’t see the choice so what’s the point …

It’s not chess it is the Japanese variant, Shogi.
Note that while I can play it, much like our Western Chess, I’m pretty rubbish at it in practice, but fortunately that doesn’t seem to matter in this game.

5 Likes

Ohh … I would try to learning it eventually however I only need a in game symbols visible

That makes it completely diferent, but I use my mobile too and I can see them so what could be the problem?

Maybe Firefox I am on Android

Maybe you need a Japanese or Chinese font installed to make the characters (Kanji) visible?

@MultipleChoice if the player needs a font that can display Kanji installed it may be preferable to warn about this up front?

Ohhh I would try that!! It is good Idea.

Just wanted to drop in to say that I am soo very excited for this! All of the writing is super funny and wonderful, same as the first. :heart: I just wasn’t paying enough attention the first time I played shogi, lol, and missed some stuff. Thankfully the character for King is the same in both Japanese and Chinese. :wink:

1 Like

Can you do me a favor and load up the Samurai of Hyuga app? The first page in chapter 1 should have lines that look like these:

Chapter 1: Saké with the Oyamas
大山との酒

I’m wondering if the published game version has language libraries that a game in development doesn’t have. Thanks!

3 Likes

I still without understanding Japanese but with the symbols I could Google it too learn. In Ikuga 1 all is visible

The kanjis are indeed visible in the first samurai of hyuga on Android.

1 Like

I don’t think the shogi scene was THAT bad as everyone else says it is. For the first part, the empty spaces for the pieces to move are replaced by [] so it wasn’t that bad. It was complete accident I chose the correct piece, as translators wouldnt help me for some reason. The second part, was really hard, however, as the circled characters were blanked out by the brackets again, so I had to physically COUNT the spaces to figure out where the king should go, of which I couldn’t remember which one it was so I guessed. For the third part, I completely missed the line where the Stroker of Self was going to pull a knife out, so whatever. This was all on my phone.

5 Likes

I don’t mind the shogi scene. I saw the kanji and looked up which piece was which, so I did just fine.

Others seem to be having trouble seeing the kanji though.

7 Likes

yeah, I had to download some fonts libraries to my phone to see the kanji and that’s make scene tons better. However, I would die for a small explanation of shogi in the stats screen. It would kill to birds with one stone Add cultural value and helping explain the scene. I would love to a hint about figures shape too. like x kanji piece look like a soldier or a priest etc. maybe our mc is illiterate, but he she is not fool, and distinguish a small piece form. exactly if I see a horse head in chess I know is a horse piece not a queen.

2 Likes

I think part of the point is to drive home we’re not exactly the booksmart one in the group. It’s a rare occasion that we get to feel exactly as the MC does. Well, initially at least.

I rather like the idea of it not being explained, and us fumbling around doesn’t mean a whole lot - It’s just exposition on the pieces themselves.

4 Likes