Samurai of Hyuga Book 2 Demo

My thoughts exactly!
I remember playing Amnesia and got freaked out with two of the characters (yandere types I think) so much trauma on my part. ^~^;

Well, I think the MC is slightly younger than that. I think around about 17-19 at most but this is just my opinion. As for Masami/ Masashi I’m guessing from my sleuthing at least older than 14. But like I said earlier, my opinion :smile: :smile:
Oh and just adding in that Hatch, Toshio and Momoko are the same age as the MC.

1 Like

I did pick the ‘pretend to be lovers’ option and there was no mention of Masami being too young for it to make sense. MC mentions that it looks scandalous for an obviously well-off girl to prance around at night with an older lover. Or so I remember.
I don’t remember whether the MC’s age was mentioned at any point, though I do remember being surprised at some point that we’re playing someone who is quite a bit older than your usual Hosted Game MC. Can’t say what made me assume so, but I always figured our MC was AT LEAST in their thirties.

2 Likes

I also think the MC is in their mid-thirties while Masami should be around 14.

If Masami ends up being a RO (and I really, really hope she does) I can also imagine a scenario in which they finish their quest and then part ways for a time. After a few years the MC returns to the capital where he will accept a job from an older, more mature Masami. Then there will be romance.

I can’t really bring myself to care about Toshie. In the demo I noticed that she is the one who learns most about the MC while sharing the least about her own past.

In my perspective, the MC would be in their mid-20s. I noticed that during middle ages or warring state eras, children who wants to be soldiers or samurais started to train at a young age and it seems to be acceptable to enter service that young. So it might not be a surprise if they were quite competent already with a sword when they reach their mid-twenties.

But then again, I mostly based my observation with historical movies or series (like GoT ) or mangas (like Rurouni Kenshin). But if you think about it, girls during those times get marry young too.

All in all, the author might leave it up to the readers what age the MC is but I’m pretty sure Masashi/Masami is younger than the MC.

7 Likes

While I’ve personally always figured that Masashi was around 12-13, or so while the mc is in his late 20’s to early thirties, around twice Masashi’s age.

1 Like

I agree with you MC might be at least 23 while Masami is at least 14(do I hear 15?)

1 Like

He’s thirteen. So technically a teen. According to Dipper Pines. :smirk:

I hope Masashi is a RO, though when he’s older. My ronin may be a pervert, but she’s not a pedophile.
I was confused about the characters’ ages; I imagine the MC to be in her mid-twenties, early thirties, but if she started training young, she could be younger.

Either way, they are just still a kid while the MC has just gotton other there “Oh-MY-LIFE” issues. As for age I stick by my sabers and say 19+, and I ain’t budging for no one :triumph:

You left me emotionally scared in the first game lol

1 Like

Oh my gosh I’m so happy this is out!
I remember purchasing the first stage of your amazing Ronin saga and adored how much detail and effort was put into it. It’s simply hypnotizing at times. Please, keep up the good work! Your fans are rooting for yah! :smiley:

2 Likes

That was partly my reasoning as well. Along with due to their upbringing the MC was probably forced to grow up very fast.

I can also imagine if you’ve gone through so much s**t as the MC at least implies they have, then you might feel older than you actually are (especially when mentally comparing themselves with someone as sheltered as Masashi/Masami).

We also don’t know how long people live in this gameworld, and what is considered old iirc. ^^

4 Likes

Do people really think Masami is THAT young? Like, MC sees them as a kid, yes, but I figured that was mostly because the age difference between them is large, not because Masami really is a child. Since I always kinda figured the MC was somewhere in ther mid-thirties (my personal headcanon is 37, actually), it makes sense to me that Masami might be anywhere from 16 to 25.
If Masami really was 13 or something, I don’t think MC would consider pretending to be lovers - not to mention there are a few dialouge choices that include a bit of flirting (or, well, more like embarrassing the kid) and I don’t think even someone like the MC would cross that line with someone who’s not at least in their late teens.

10 Likes

Eh, it doesn’t help that the narrative is somewhat inconsistend (maybe it really is because the MC is the narrator…“benefits” of first-person narrative, their view is limited). For one we have scences like the one pretending to be a couple (however that could also be easily explained through different cultural expectations? I guess?), but we also shouldn’t ignore how hugely different Masami’/Masashi’s adult version is described during the vision at the end of book one, indicating that they still have a pretty big growth spurt to expect. So I certainly would expect them to be younger than twenty at least, more likely younger as 17.

Of course if we follow the “it’s only MC’s perception”-theory than it just could be Masami/Masashi’s idealized form in the spirit world…Eh I get a headache from that.

2 Likes

I don’t think Masashi can be much older than 15 at most, but whatever age he is I figure my mc to be around double that.

But like I said my canon mc just likes to tease the kid and it certainly helps that the kid gives almost as good as he gets (that’s why I said that on some level my mc likes those “Baka!” lectures and perhaps even changes his behaviour after considering some of them) but he has come to consider him to be the younger brother/family he’s secretly always wanted but never had and is very protective of him (though he’d never openly admit it). Perhaps so much so that if at the end of the saga the head of Masashi’s family would, for some inexplicable, reason make an offer to adopt my mc into the family he’d only put up a token protest.

It’s really interesting to see just how different people interpret the ages of both the MC and Masashi/Masami from only their actions, personality and the MC inner monologue (everything possible colored by the MC’s perspective too). ^^

What do you guys interpret the other companions age to be? (unless it’s stated somewhere that they are around the MC’s age.)

7 Likes

I honestly don’t know which are stated anymore and those may have gotten overridden by my headcanon anyway. But here goes:
Masashi (anywhere from 12 to 15, but it’s obvious he’s at least not a fully grown adult yet)

The MC, around double the age of Masashi, so late 20’s to early 30’s, tends to look older due to his dubious choices in clothing and personal grooming, but also likely to clean up very nicely.

Jun, around the same age as the mc, obviously

Toshio, early to mid twenties, but (slightly) younger than the mc

Momoko, about the same age as Toshio

Hatch, about the same age as the mc and Jun.

6 Likes

Are any of the ages actually stated? I can’t really remember reading anything about that. But let’s see-

As I already mentioned, I headcanon MC to be 37. I don’t know why I have that specific number in my head, but for me they definitely can’t be younger than 30.

Masami feels to me like she’s about 16 or 17, maybe even 18. Definitely not younger than that, but also unlikely to be older than 20. (Though it is possible.)

Jun I think might be a few years younger than the MC, though not enough to mention.

Toshi I think might be in her mid- to late twenties.

Momoko is in her early thirties to me.

And Hatch…honestly, he’s hard to pin down. Probably somewhere around 25.

Hah, seems like I headcanon all of them just a bit older than most of you guys. Just goes to show how differently characters can be interpreted.

2 Likes

Let’s see… In my headcanon:
MC and Toshio/Toshie would be around 25.

Masashi/Masami would be 15 or 16.

For Hatch and Momoko, probably 18 and 20 respectively.

As for Jun/Junko, around 30 perhaps.

1 Like

what would happen if our spiritual animal power get mixed with hell release style ?