Samurai of Hyuga Book 2 Demo

heavy breathing XD OHHHHHH the Shogi scene!!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHH (you can’t imagine how widely I’m grinning) Also, ‘Eeeeeh?’ is the best choice in the game. XD You have made my day, sir, you have made my day.

1 Like

Agreed. I couldn’t help but choose that every time I replayed the demo.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words everybody! Glad there’s so much excitement for the full release. No idea on a release date, but I’m working hard to get the last chapters worth of editing and scripting done.

@shettiejw
Checking multiple times a day is crazy! Especially since I only update every month or so. I’ll make sure tweet out when there’s new stuff to save you the time.

@Lybza @moonwalkerdragon @SiROSTRiKE
Happy birthdays!

@KP_Paul
Premade MC is not intended to be a 1-to-1 copy of your original MC. I know readers will be more attached to the character they loaded in from Book 1, and that’s how the game is intended to be played. The premade system was made so that you could try other kinds of MC without having to start over from the very beginning.

@SuperNova
Glad I was able to help start your choice game addiction!

@Sammysam @RagEgnite
Thank you for that find! I’ll make sure to fix the stat increase in the next update.

@greenapple
All the romances in this series are and will be optional. I know there’s a lot of questions about who is and who isn’t an RO. My response is that there will be no reason for folks to stress out or worry over ‘getting on the right route’ and the typical dating-sim problems.

23 Likes

Are you saying that there is no limited set of people that are ROs?
What I mean is that Toshio, Momoko, Masashi, Hatch and Jun are all ROs?

More like, don’t fuss about making the wrong choice that lock you out of the romance path, as the romances seem to be rather flexible integrated in game. At least that is how I understood it. Pretty much smoothely sidestepped the question who the ROs are.

12 Likes

So long as Toshio is a romance option for male mc’s I’m cool. Masashi might work but it would require a lot of patience as we’d have to wait until he’s grown into his super cute adult form we can glimpse at the end of the first game before trying anything real. Sadly I don’t think the entire series is going to cover that many years. :cry:
My perverted mc does however like all the options to make the boy blush/uncomfortable by talking (loudly) about such things when he’s present.
I think he’s at his cutest whenever he’s either trying to lecture us about one thing or the other and calling us “Baka” or blushing. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I’m also hoping for Toshio to be a RO. (tbh I’ve been crossing my fingers since he officially joined our little ragtag bunch of misfits :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Masashi is adorable/endearing but all feelings towards him is purely platonic, I pretty much ship Hatch and Momoko with each other and I’m not big on psychotic lovers. -_-

7 Likes

Ha, I ship them too :slight_smile: (Probably because of that I really didn’t thought about them being ROs?).

And Jun/Junko…There is a line between “that possessivness is somewhat hot” and “okay, you are batshit crazy”…They crossed it, for miles… :expressionless: So, no, thanks.

With that the only person left that meets my standards is Toshio :sweat_smile: (Or Masashi/Masami, but that is uh, somewhat icky for reasons already mentioned. The only way to make that somewhat less icky is by having a time skip or something like that…or the narrative is just playing with us and it’s only the MC perception of them stressing that Masashi/Masami is a child in comparision to them, but even in that case…urgh very uncomfortable and weird scenario :confused: So also nope)

6 Likes

I would Jun/Junko to be less crazy and fight side by side or back to back with the MC against a bunch on enemies. Also what happens when you give into your teachers lessons and become the manslayer and when you choose not to.

2 Likes

Doesn’t help that he was hotness incarnate from the time we first met him as an undercover noble in book 1 and that my character has been wanting to get into his pants ever since. :wink:

Well the adult form of Masashi we get a glimpse at in that spirit realm is very cute. But, yeah a real romance there needs a time skip, or with a lot of patience I suppose it can be an epilogue only (implied) romance, but that would be a tad unsatisfying, I would think.

2 Likes

When you talk about Jun/Junko like that

She reminds me of Jack from Mass Effect

2 Likes

Nah, Jack is just somewhat broken and boils over with anger (at least in ME2)…and is also a gender locked romance for male!shep…what made absolutely no sense…I really like Jack, but Jun/Junko…eh no.

Probably also because it’s not Jack that tries to kill Masashi/Masami. I play protective, okay?

4 Likes

I was pretty confused when people talked about them being RO’s because in my mind they were already kind of a thing.

Exactly! I’ll admit I’ve played my for share of more darker (or just outright evil) romance options. But as you said…there is a line and Jun/Junko pretty much charged over it.

…and I fully agree with you on all parts regarding Masashi. And to me a time skip wouldn’t help one bit. The whole trope/thing with having a time skip to make sure that one part of a future couple is of legal age personally squicks me out. (Here I’m talking about the cases where one is a grown adult and the other isn’t and there is a distinct age difference.)

3 Likes

Probably gonna wait for the full game, but yay! Samurai of Hyuga was one of the most enjoyable games for me and I’m eagerly waiting for part 2.

As for ROs: I admit, I’m not really interested in anyone but Masami. I get that the MC sees them as a kid, but we’ve spent the entire game protecting them (more or less, depending on your personality) and I can’t help but feel attached. Masami manages to get our big bad Samurai out of their shell and it feels right for a romance to develop there. I don’t care if there’s a time skip or not, as long as Masami is mature enough to enter into a consenting relationship, I’m cool. (They do seem to be old enough to have romantic interest, at least, what with the crush on the Emporer.)

Well other sorts of close relationships are possible, with my first my who has the hots for Toshio I think he has grown attached to Masashi too but I think he rather views him as the family/younger brother he may have always wanted but never had.

My MC definitely think of him as a younger sibling. Or at least she would if she would admit it to herself. It doesn’t help that she protective (Chipmunk spirit animal woot :laughing:).

Tbh it’s kind of tragicomic how she’ll all about how horrible she is and doesn’t deserve happiness/any good things etc…Jump cut to my MC being chivalrous, ridiculously protective and just borderline noble. On the scale of people trying to redeem themselves from former horrible actions, my MC is doing a pretty good job, even if she’ll deny it all the way. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Am I the only one who would actually like to see a romance scene between Jun/Junko and the MC…? :flushed:
And I don’t mean like crazy, lust driven scene like at the beginning.

10 Likes

I’m down for a Hatch romance. My Ronin does spend a lot of the time observing how muscular he is. As well as getting semis in his presence. I was just under the impression that he wasn’t a romance option, because of his crush. Or at the very least wasn’t a romance option for my male MC.

The only person my MC seems to have a chance with is Jun and that’s a no fly zone if ever there was one. There’s a good kind of crazy character, and a bad kind of crazy character. Jun is far worse than the bad kind. Well written! But a character I absolutely hate.

1 Like

I think mine is mostly the same and probably uses his uncouth, (formerly) unkempt and perverse exterior (although the perversion may not really be an act and perverse mc, ftw, btw.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) to mask those things quite effectively. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I agree, not feeling Hatch either as I’m one of those people who think he should hook up with our good doctor already, but I’m pretty hopeful we’ll be able to seduce our cute Kondo, eventually.

1 Like

Maybe like a flash back scene. Jun/Junko as of right now, scare me slightly.

5 Likes