S.C.A.R. (Supernatural Combat and Advancement Research)(WIP)[Update 11/10][NEW POLL 3/17]

Again, I’m going to suggest fewer permanent debilitating mutilations (superficial scarring is fine, obviously), especially for something like that. Remember, this is a training facility, not a gladiatorial arena (as it is in Deadman Wonderland) and the intended outcome (I assume) is getting good, loyal fighters, not providing a fun spectacle, so anything that prevents the students from being capable fighters might as well just kill them instead. (To be clear, I am not recommending this.) Punishments for disobedience would also be higher than punishments for failure, especially in something like sparring, since you’re trying to discourage disobedience, but you can’t really discourage failure to the same extent (remember that there will always be a loser in sparring matches).

1 Like

This would only occur if I made it like Dark_Stalker suggested, Supernaturals would in time regrow what they lost. So its not permanent. But the pain, etc would discourage further incidents. And I may do it, having supernaturals have that kind of regeneration would be a better asset than say, just enhanced healing rate.

Edit - Though its not a gladiatorial arena, they only want the best of the best. So some deaths, etc won’t really bother them. If a subject can’t hack it, well, they end up dying. Leaving on the strong remaining.

But I see what you mean about differing punishments regarding disobedience and failure. That’s the way I intended it, I just still need to work on what punishment for what offense.

1 Like

Not for a single one but a few would, I think three or five unexcused ones. Same for being absent. And you’re parents had only three of those excuses, otherwise doctor…

Well that’s one way to keep the students in line I guess.

1 Like

what got you in making this

I’ve had the desire to make a supernatural game for the longest time since I first learned about choice of games/hosted games. But have been too lazy / intimidated by the coding to bring it from an idea to an actual work in progress. I had so many ideas for how I could make it happen, which supernatural creatures the MC could be, the plot, etc. Because ever since I was a kid, I’ve always loved the supernatural and thought up lots of things involving them.

I originally intended it to mostly take place in the outside world, but there were too many paths/outcomes that it probably would have overwhelmed me. So this idea came to me, though I originally had planned for more MC types, but coding for 5 is hard enough without adding more to the mix lol. However, no one wants to be trapped in a training facility forever, so I am trying to piece together a story that will take place outside, offering a diverging path(s). But for the time being, where you are now will determine the type of MC you grow up to be, which NPCs you befriend and or romance if any and ultimately which side of the spectrum you end up on.

4 Likes

Ok, I have a dilemma regarding the way I progress with this story. At the current rate, if I focus on progressing all five MC types simultaneously, when I get done with a fight scene I am pretty much tuckered out and the story progress gets halted there for some time.

So, I’m thinking about just taking one MC type for the time being and progressing the story with that one. That way after a fight scene, I will be far less stressed and tired out and should be able to get more story added and quicker too. As for which type that will be, I will create a poll and let you all choose which one that is. I will also add an option to keep it the way it is now, but at the cost of far less frequent updates. If a certain type wins, as I progress further into the story, I will add the others one by one over time. Without further ado, here is the poll.

• Witch
  • Esper
  • Necromancer
  • Mystic
  • Nephilim
  • No, keep it the way it is. Even if it means far less frequent updates.

0 voters

3 Likes

Sorry, which race is typical for Eastern Europe? You know, pale/fair skin, blond hair. I’m bad at anthropology :sweat_smile:

Caucasian(20 characters) @Kiogu1

3 Likes

Also, please only vote once/choose only one option. Those of you that are voting/choosing more than once are messing with the results.

2 Likes

Ok, I went ahead and closed the poll. The winner by a landslide is Nephilim. So, I will continue on with the story with only the Nephilim type for now. Once I get far enough into the story, I’ll add in the others over time. Hopefully this will help progress the story faster. Since the time and effort normally put on 5 types, can now be focused solely on 1 type and the story. Thank you all for voting.

12 Likes

Well based on the results, it seems the witch is the least popular type. So I’m thinking about removing it from the game and maybe add another type in its place. Though instead of human, this will be a different species. Choices will be from Shifter, Half Demon or Yokai/Ayakashi, or I can keep it instead. If another type wins, I will have another poll in which I will list options to vote for based on that species. Here’s the poll.

Examples:
Shifter: Wolf, Lion, Bear, Tiger, Western Dragon?, Griffin, etc
Half Demon: warlock, djinn, succubus, incubus, devil, vampire, etc
Yokai/Ayakashi: Kitsune, Yuki-onna/otoko, Mizuchi, Nekomata, Oni, etc.

• Shifter
  • Half Demon
  • Yokai/Ayakashi
  • Keep the Witch

0 voters

2 Likes

Note: I wasn’t choosing that option, I was selecting it to do a Google search to find out what it was. Those are interesting to be fair. I would prefer Shifter, would not mind Witch remaining, or the Yokai/Ayakashi choice.

1 Like

Isn’t Half deamon/cambion too silimar to nephilim?
Shifter might be hard to implement properly.

1 Like

Noted. I’ll keep that in mind and remember to add your vote mentally to shifter when it closes. Yeah, the Yokai/Ayakashi have a vast amount of options, way more than the other types. Though not all are powerful/well known. The poll if they win would consist of Kitsune, Yuki-onna/otoko, Mizuchi, Nekomata, Oni, etc.

Not really, Nephilim is strictly only half-human/half angel. While Half Demon has a range of options such as warlock, djinn, succubus, incubus, devil, vampire, etc

As for the shifter difficulty, how so? I would make their beast form strength rely on the control stat, while their other stats would be their human ones. Though like the esper, mystic and nephilim, the control stat would be added to their strength if they channel their bestial strength, partial change or full change in battle. Unless you meant something else?

6 Likes

Oh so by shapeshifter you mean wearwolf/wearcat/animagus etc.? I thought shapeshifter means somethink like doppelganger or mimic (my bad). And isn’t deamon all about super strenght/magic/soul stealing/eating, just like nephelim?

1 Like

Yeah, in a way. Though they’re not really “weres” since their beast is past on genetically, not through bites, scratches and the like. Pretty much its as if they have an animal soul that resides in their human body. It gives them strength, speed, faster regeneration and the like. But their true form is that of the actual animal, albeit somewhat larger than their normal counterparts. They could have a wolf-man, tiger-man, etc form, but that would be considered a partial transformation, in which they are just taking part of their animal characteristics.

No, not all half demons are equal. Not all of them would have that ability to eat souls, etc. For example, the warlock would have powerful magic but would not be all that strong physically and cannot devour life force/souls.

The succubus/incubus would have the ability to drain life force like the necromancer, except in their case it wouldn’t be permanent, only temporary. Since their body consumes it constantly, as is their nature. That is only in regards to them “feeding” to survive though. If they devour enough life force in which the victims soul is fully consumed, that would lead to a permanent boost to a stat like the nephilim.

Though the devil may be similar to the nephilim in which they can also devour souls, but unlike the nephilim they have a larger variety of magic at their disposal. Since if they are strong enough they can pretty much use their magic to grant contracts to witches, maybe other types as well, use their magic in accordance to their very will/imagination, etc.

2 Likes

slams hand on the half demon button I just love incubi (don’t ask) and any game that has the option to play as one has my money. (although even without the option this game looks pretty rad)

4 Likes

Ok now if 25 more people just hit the shifter button we would be in the clear

2 Likes

i also vote to play as an incubi :star_struck:

2 Likes