S.C.A.R. (Supernatural Combat and Advancement Research)(WIP)[Update 11/10][NEW POLL 3/17]

Winner by a large margin is the half demon. So as I stated, here is another poll. In which you will vote for the type of half demon to be included as an MC option. I wish I could enable them all, but that would be too much work, so only one it is.

• Warlock
  • Djinn
  • Succubus/Incubus
  • Devil
  • Vampire
  • Reaper

0 voters

1 Like

Good list but could you tell us some more abut their playstyle? I know very little about reapers and djinn.

1 Like

Warlock - Powerful magic user; elemental, teleportation, etc, low physical abilites.

Djinn - Magic user, contract/wish granter, moderate physical abilities.

Succubus/Incubus - Good physical abilities, moderate magic, life draining/soul eating, regeneration.

Devil - High physical abilities, high magic, contractor, soul eating.

Vampire - High physical abilities, no magic but various abilities via control stat (compulsion, shape shifting, regeneration, etc), also a day walker.

Reaper - High physical abilities, high magic, scythe weapon manifestation, soul eating, special ability Eyes of Death (sharpens visual acuity to its maximum, able to dodge easier due to max visual acuity, visualize unguarded/weak points giving strength boost, implant feelings of fear/despair via eye contact (only on weak to moderate level enemies) thus pretty much disabling them.)

5 Likes

Yep… The amount of description/power for each seem fair :smirk:

1 Like

Like I said, all half demons are NOT created equal And anyway, this is their potential not starting values. You can essentially make a warlock very strong via training. Just because they are able to have high stats doesn’t mean they will. You’re the MC, you determine their stat growth via training, battle, etc.

Also if they use their abilities right, even the “weak types” can beat the “strong” by using ingenuity. Like a warlock can essentially dodge attacks via teleporting and counter instantly with either magic or physical attacks. Djinn can grant their own wishes using energy to enable a temporary stat boost, create strong barrier/shields,etc. Succubus/incubus can drain energy from enemies via touch and transfer that to their stats temporarily.

It just seems you are lacking imagination and are writing off the potential of certain types.

5 Likes

Hey :wave: what’s new what did I miss? Oh how is the story coming along still can’t wait for the full story to be released

3 Likes

Not much, no story updates. Just polls to determine which type takes the place of the Witch class. Story has been stagnated lately, haven’t really been in the mood to code. Though the polls are helping to give me more direction class wise. I’m rooting for the reaper, it seems to call to me more than the nephilim.

A couple more days and I’ll close the poll. Then a final poll for a while which will have the Reaper (if it wins) and Nephilim face off in chance to be the main MC type while the story is underway. Once that’s done and the votes are in after a few days, I’ll have the true MC type ready to shine and hopefully be able to progress the story.

I roughly have an idea where I want the story to go, the trouble is the filler of how to get there and how quickly. Not to mention the NPC’s. I have a few in mind so far, but as this is my first story, hopefully I can flesh out their personalities and make them seem authentic in the story. If not, that’s where you all come in and can help me fine tune them as the story goes on.

4 Likes

I’m glad everything is still good don’t push yourself too much and that’s a good thing to focus one at a time don’t break your neck trying to do all characters because if u rush the characters a lot of people will be disappointed this story shows great promise :open_hands::clap: we the community will always be here to help to some extent

4 Likes

Ok, since the Reaper won that poll, here is the final poll. Choose between which one you want to be the main focus going forward with the story. It’s either the Nephilim or the Reaper. I’ll leave this open until like Tuesday to give it some time. Thank you all for voting so far, just one more to go.

• Nephilim
  • Reaper

0 voters

3 Likes

Can you tell us something more about reapers in this universe? Are they undeath? How does they look like? Something human-like, or rather classic, hooded skeleton with wings/scythe?

They are human in appearance. Much like the rest of the human types. However in the Reapers case, when they use their Eyes of Death, their eyes will change color and glow with a vibrant red light (subject to change). Though like they are able to summon a scythe, I may make them be able to summon a cloak of darkness, in which they could use to hide their identity on missions, etc and be able to absorb some damage in battle.

I’m still thinking about the kinds of powers they would have at their disposal. But for starters, their powers may be similar to the Necromancer, in which they can utilize dark magic, but far more potent. Thinking about adding some powers over shadow/darkness to fit with their dark persona. Such as being able to conjure dark chains from hell to bind or tear apart enemies. Summon spikes/spears from shadows, shadow stepping (basically teleporting from one spot to another so long as there is darkness/shadow where they wish to appear), summon dark spirits from the void to feast upon enemies or drive them insane/debilitate them in battle, etc. I don’t want to make them TOO overpowered, but I want to make them fun to play as well.

8 Likes

Well considering the last reaper game I followed … I definitely want a reaper game…

You could always just make them not be able to take a direct hit well. I mean how else could you balance strong, teleportation, debuffing, buffing, critical, magic, summoner builds?

4 Likes

Ok, so are you planning something à la “deadman wonderland meets boku no hero” with some other anime elements? Blood manipulations sounds silimar to deadman wonderland, mystic works silimar to shamans from shaman king, espers exits in opm/mob 100/railgun and many more Japanese games/anime. You did this on purposes or it’s just me being total otaku? :smile:

2 Likes

Deadman Wonderland played some inspiration, but mostly for the punishments (still uncertain if I’m going to use them). The blood power was a mix from that and Dragon Age. Boku no hero oddly enough had no part of this idea lol. My mystic was more along the lines from Beyond: Two Souls, except while Aidan was his own being and sometimes didn’t listen, your spirit obeys you completely. But mostly from an old school RPG from the PS2 called Legend of Legaia 2, since they were born with their elemental spirits, but had to train to awaken them. As for espers never watched OPM nor Mob, been meaning to watch OPM but never got around to it, so no basis there. However index/railgun gave some inspiration for that class.

As you can tell from my name, even my Avatar, I LOVE anime, manga, games, etc. So, I have lots of venues for inspiration for this game and others in my “to write list”. I have ideas for a handful of other stories, but have been to lazy to get around to them. The other story I mentioned in the OP, was coming along nicely in the prologue, but has since been stagnated. Really need to get around to that again. That demo will start off with at least the prologue and 2 chapters, while more would come when I get to it.

3 Likes

@Otaku_King This is a off topic question but is your profile picture that girl from Crime Edge

1 Like

Yup, she sure is. /keystrokes

1 Like

Liking the game so far!

1 Like

Pro: A decent variety of powers. I especially like the mechanic (Necromancer, Nephilim) of draining a foe to boost stats. It’s unusual and adds more incentive to fight.

Con: The MC’s personality has a bit of forced edginess. At the end of the shifter fight, assuming you drain the enemy, the MC always brags about how weak their downed opponent is–it’s built into the dialogue. I don’t mind having that as an option, but some alternative dialogue options–soft-spoken sadist, ruthless pragmatist, unhinged vigilante–would make the MC much more likable.

4 Likes

Well, to be honest - you are in magic jail/gmo farm so it’s make sense for MC to be an asshole - the strong will survive etc.

1 Like

The MC probably has to be a fighter, sure. But people can be ruthless without being braggarts, and that’s what I’m not seeing here.

3 Likes