Royal Affairs Discussion Thread and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

I dont know if this is just me or but I get this when I choose to spend time with Asher…?

2 Likes

Ugh, Javi is like a weed, always getting underfoot where he is not wanted. My character cannot even properly enjoy Hearthlight alongside family and friends without the glorified eyesore there to sour the mood, especially when Beatrice would much rather wed Dominique.

Furthermore, he has the audacity to rudely address Beatrice with a “Hey. You.”, demanding that she see Rosario and play house for his benefit. Oh no, Beatrice already did her part for international relations, advising Fabien to be progressive about the voting matter, along with politely clapping for Rosario and Javi. She gave Javi his fifteen minutes, and she is not wasting another moment on him. She has other pressing matters to address, such as Hyacinthe, who is attending because of Beatrice approving the invitation. Beatrice has not forgotten her personal project of being a patron to Hyacinthe, helping her achieve her full potential as a ballerina, reaching the heights of the ballet world. With the excellent opportunity regarding the Moradi Conservatory, of course Beatrice will help Hyacinthe make a good impression upon the chancellor.

5 Likes

@QShiina That’s the bug I mentioned I think - it’s been coming up when players have loaded a previous save (rather than starting fresh from the beginning). Can I check whether you had loaded a save when you hit this bug?

@Gadriel I’m SO happy that you’re having fun, and I love Beatrice’s adventures! I’ve also realised that I accidentally put up more of the chapter than I intended, like I did back in Chapter 2 :grimacing: I’ve put up the right file now… and had some coffee because clearly I need it :heart:

1 Like

No unnecessary hurting my sunshine anymore? Yay!

Oh my god, i’m afraid my Gaelen will make his boyfriend rather dependent in the end… but he’s a prince, he just thinks that way. You want that ring? Consider it yours! He would rather spoil Dominique with gifts than tell him to sort out his priorities over some trinket. Well, at least he tries to make him concentrate on the work instead of supporting idleness and ducking out from work… i hope he won’t make Dominique more of a mess than he is now. :frowning:

Why can’t we add our own money to the budget, by the way? :slight_smile: That seems very logical. Maybe that won’t sit well with some teachers (if they need to know at all, we can just tell them everything cost a little less), but hey, we’re the heir, we do what we want, we can buy them the whole celebration if we so want!

Oh by the way, i have a question. I hope it won’t come out like a demand. Chapter 3 we now have in demo is a part of a chapter that will be released, right? Because when something happens to someone on a big celebration, it causes a temporary disorder but doesn’t stop the event, it usually reluctantly continues, and in some time, after some drinks and entertainment, is in full swing again. Plus we didn’t see any results of our choices. Will the music be a disaster? Was the hot air balloon a huge mistake? Who will like the atmosphere and who will not? Etc etc.

Which reminds me! As a person who flies on the hot air balloon frequently, may i offer some advice on how it can go? I’m sorry for assuming you might not be aware of something, but better safe than cringy.

1. Their hot air balloon rides should be just raising the balloon up high in the air on very long and sturdy ropes, for them to observe the school grounds. Because the actual flying will require so much time that it will either let only a selected few to fly, or people will wait for their turns for hours, or they will need quite a few balloons, and it’s dangerous and unpredictable. Average balloons i rode can take 4 ppl (the balloon pilot and three passengers), the big ones can take 6-10 people, and their ballon takes about an hour to fully inflate. Plus, you can’t just fly a circle around the school and get back, you go with the wind, sit somewhere in the wilds, blow your balloon off and pack it, wait for the ride to get you back (the ride usually goes somewhere below you all the way because you can’t 100% predict where you will land, and our characters don’t even have smartphones to communicate it), then you get back, then you need to inflate the balloon for the next ride… it takes HOURS. So, in order for everyone to enjoy the balloon and do it safely, they need to just lift it up high on the ropes. It’s a common practice, our pilots give people such rides in the end of the day after everyone returns back, it’s fast and it can accommodate many people in a relatively short time. Still breathtaking! Plus, they will see school grounds and everything around, not some fields and trees. 100% better for a party.

2. It won’t be all cold. There’s a roaring open fire right above your head. It’s like sitting near the campfire: the upper part of your body is very warm, while the lower part might be cold. In the wintertime, they might need warm shoes because their feet will be freezing, but the hat isn’t required, and they might want to take off the scarf.

3. The basket doesn’t dangle at all. It sits on a very solid frame attached to a balloon base (the one with the fire). But there’s very little space to move around, so running from one side to the other is not possible, only switching places with someone. There’s also no space to lay down if you feel sick, and almost no space to sit. Just close your eyes and pray :smiley:

7 Likes

I will have a long think about whether to carry on the party after the big disaster - with Creme, I ended up adding a LOT after the initial draft. I totally understand that it’s a shame for the Student Council’s hard work to go unrecognised, and it didn’t come across demanding at all. I also MASSIVELY appreciate the very useful hot air balloon information!

5 Likes

Ohh I did load a save to the beginning of ch 3!(cause apparently I didnt save by the end of chapter 3 before lol)

2 Likes

Thank you! <3

It’s not about recognition of the council’s work… more about the choices we were stressing over, gaining and losing affections over, and then it turned out that it doesn’t matter and won’t have the chance to have consequences at all, so it feels a little like being misled by the writing… plus, in reality, the worst possible way to sow panic and unrest is to finish the big, important and highly anticipated event over someone feeling unwell. They will be disappointed, scared that there could be a danger for all of them, a lot of them will blame teachers for not letting them have well-deserved fun over one guy feeling sick (and we remember that they’re all nobility, and their disappointment and unrest can cause a lot of trouble for the school, so the teachers must be not bright to do that). So… not to tell you what to do, but continuing the event feels logical in any sense. See, you say “whether to carry on the party after the big disaster”, but the thing is, in this situation teachers and the council should make sure it doesn’t seem to be the big disaster at all, who would want the panic?

(i apologize if my grammar is weird sometimes, i russian, i do not english)

Also yeah, save and load works really weird, but i just think it’s not your personal problem, but the coding of the saving system. So i’m like, eh, whatever, extra excuse for me to replay!

1 Like

@Christian.Valentine I understand, thankyou! I really appreciate your thoughts and no worries about grammar :smiley:

@QShiina and others having the save issue: I’ve updated the demo to hopefully fix the game-breaking one-on-one romance/friendship scene bug which many people encountered. Your previous saves will most likely NOT work on this update, but they would have broken soon anyway with the horrible bug!

Many thanks to everyone for your patience, and especially to @victoriel for chatting with me on Tumblr about what was going on and helping figure out a solution. I’ve tested it a bunch of times so I’m hoping it’s solid, but as ever please let me know if your playthrough is acting weirdly.

Hi @HannahPS ! Thanks for the update! I hope that I am not repeating what someone else has pointed out, but at the theater scene with Hyacinthe there’s an error when I chose the third option. Here:

I think you’ll need a new savegame I’m afraid - unfortunately this is the result of the fix that I updated.

Also a question (self-indulgent fishing for spoilers, really): in the case where our CDLC MC and Hartmann aren’t teachers and went to the university, will we still have the chance to meet or hear about them in RA, or they’re teaching exclusive?

1 Like

They’re probably going to be teaching exclusive, but I won’t rule out mentioning them - it depends if it feels natural as the story goes!

A question again, sorry for all that questions lately! How tall is Dominique? For some reason i was very sure that they’re lanky, it would just fit them very well and add to being adorable, but now i can’t find anything considering their height, so maybe my imagination created this image and played a trick on me?

1 Like

I’m on my typos hunting again :slight_smile:

Dominique’s 1st romance scene:
It doesn’t quite feel the same as before; maybe because you’re older, maybe because you’re in this different place. [Missing name or pronounce here] kisses you enthusiastically, nibbling just a little at your lip as though savoring how you feel.

2 Likes

Mid height - shorter than Asher, Javi and Trevelyan, and taller than Beaumont and Hyacinthe.

Thanks so much! That’ll be fixed in the next update.

Haha I’m so glad you enjoyed!

There aren’t any other polyamorous triads, but you can romance Dominique alongside Javi, Beaumont or Trevelyan where Dominique isn’t romantic with the other partner (you can’t romance Dominique alongside Beaumont AND Trevelyan though, due to complexity).

2 Likes

oh no… javi is tall??? poor rosario. no wonder they wear heels!

3 Likes

Yep Javi overtook Rosario when they were younger! Javi was very proud… Rosario wasn’t too fussed :laughing:

Rosario is a very chill and nice person about almost everything, i know… but would Javi wear heels though? To be even taller in comparison? :smiley:

Oh gosh, i was so wrong about like 75% of RA and CDLC characters’ height…

Probably not. Being taller naturally is true superiority.

Haha well, I wouldn’t know! I’m a shortie.

1 Like