Royal Affairs Discussion Thread and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

The obvious one there would seem to be with Hyacinthe and Ash. :grin:

I always got the feeling this will be the result of managing to romance Beau and Ash at the same time.
Who were also the only ones I used to be into before you added the cute dancer to the mix. :sweat_smile:

Seems the typical state of affairs in a political marriage with Javi would maybe default to this as I would certainly expect him to carry on seeing other people too but decorum would mean they’d have to discrete about it.

1 Like

Hi ! I’m a big fan of Crème de la Crème and as soon as I heard of Hannah making a new game in the same world, I just needed to click. And I’m not disapointed ! The plot looks great and the characters remind me of Crème de la Crème’s, which is great in my opinion. But other than congratulations and thanks, this comment is also meant to ask something : When ? How is the writing going and when do you plan on releasing the full version ?

3 Likes

Thanks so much, I’m really glad it’s looking good to you! At the moment I’m working on Chapter 5 of 11. I hope it will be released sometime in 2022 but I wouldn’t want to pin down a date at the moment as there’s so many unknowns!

12 Likes

Hey I played the demo again for fun; I noticed something strange with the cards Dominique plays with? I believe Asher picks a card? Does she have multiple options based on prior choices? Because she picked up a card with a seemingly positive future, then I opened the stat page, and then the when I returned to the game, her card was negative. I wonder if this is a bug?

It should be randomised on each playthrough between 3 different options, but I’ll check that it’s working properly!

1 Like

Small progress report: I’ve finished coding Chapter 5, and have done my difficulty balancing. Annoyingly, because I wanted to get on with the writing, I didn’t do much balancing on Chapter 4 so this time I had to do a chunk of two chapters at once! However, the whole thing is now better balanced.

Out of interest, the most wildly unbalanced things were that it was WAY more easy to get low Planner, low Calm, low Forceful, and low Ruthless - which was to due to the proportion of choices I put in that reflected those sorts of personalities. It’s a lot more even now!

45 Likes

I would like to leave a angry note📝 for Zaledo, that’ll put them in place.( hopefully)

Some tips in the rival’s route?

I d’t remember their nane XD

I am among those who have finished playing through Creme de la Creme and find it ver impressive! I wanted to get to play Royal Affairs soon too! When will I be able to play chapter 3 and 4 of the demo?

2 Likes

cannot wait to play this game.

Hello and welcome to the forums, I’m so glad you’re enjoying so far! I’m going to be posting an early access segment of Chapter 3 on my new Patreon on September 1st, and it will be available to play for everyone on September 15th. So it won’t be too long before there’s more to play!

23 Likes

Progress report!
I’ve been working on Chapter 5 and Chapter 6, which have both been going swimmingly.

Current wordcount: 125837 words
Current average playthrough length: 37862 words
So I’m getting towards busting out of novella playthrough length and into novel length!

I’ve also been working on setting up my Patreon, on which there will be more indepth progress reports, screenshots of early-draft stuff and things that were cut, bonus content, q&a posts, etc. I’ve already posted a progress report on there! But I will only start yelling about it properly on September 1st, when some early access Royal Affairs will go up.

52 Likes

Hi! I just made this account to tell you how much I like your upcoming game! Your games really mesmerize and indulge the readers in the book! I was hooked on CrĂŠme de La CrĂŠme and Blood Money (both became my top favorites).

I hope you add some good romance with Javi (Could you please tell us what kind of a person she likes?). I know writing a book is tough work but somehow being patient is harder!

I wish you all the best in your career and journey and hope you release Royal Affairs soon.(Seriously I’ve played the demo 8 times and loving every bit of it!)

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thank you so much for your kind comments!

Javi especially likes people who are passionate about what they care about (though they may be snooty about what exactly they care about), and who are assertive (though they may be grouchy about it). They will eventually come to like an MC who connects with them!

The game is coming along really well, after 2020 did a number on progress. Due to some work changes, I’ve had more time to work on Royal Affairs and have raced on ahead with it this month faster than I ever thought I could. I should have the Chapter 6 draft down soon which is very exciting!

8 Likes

Also…

IT’S HAPPENING.

I’ve set up a Patreon to support me in doing more indepth progress reports, questions and answers, bonus content, give patrons early access to demos, and give some very earlybird peeks at BRAND NEW THINGS I’m working on.

And most of all, I’m hoping it will enable me to spend more time on my interactive fiction projects and be more at peace in life generally (the myth of the starving artist can get in the sea - when I’m not worrying about bills, I get to think about creative projects instead!).

Today I’ve put up early access to the first half of Chapter 3, in which you can have a beautiful lakeside school trip and get to know your friends/rivals/romances better outside the chilly walls of Archambault!

31 Likes

Your fortnightly progress report is here! I’ve been planning and coding Chapter 6, and getting started on the writing. I can’t believe I’m getting to the halfway point! The pandemic was such a hit to progress but I really feel that I’m getting momentum again.

Royal Affairs current wordcount: 132,821 words
Current average playthrough length: 39,077 words

Crawling… towards… that delicious 40K playthrough wordcount!

Not sure where to put this but I may as well put it here… I have had a new project greenlit that I’m very excited about, which is what I’ve been working on when I haven’t been doing Royal Affairs business. I’ll be thrilled to share more in due course!

48 Likes

Well done. Riese is pleased at your progress. :grin:

Riese nods and smiles from the couch while Remy winks at her.

Meanwhile Remy over here is suffering from withdrawal… :joy:

Remy’s scowl at this moment could crack glass.

What is Asher’s eye color actually?

1 Like

No idea why I put brown there, I’m so bad at eye colours despite having a literal document listing the details! They’re meant to have blue eyes. I’ll correct it in the next public update (which coincidentally should be happening today).

17 Likes

I just realised a small mistake, on a second playthrough of Royal Affairs. Early in the game (Chpt 1), there’s the obligatory gender/pronoun selection. The four options are:

Look after the prince," she said. “I trust you.” [Use he/him pronouns]
“You know your duty,” she said. “Protect the princess.” [Use she/her pronouns]
“See to it that the heir stays safe,” she said. [Use they/them pronouns]
“See to it that the heir stays safe,” she said. [Enter your own pronouns]

The problem is the bottom two. We are the middle child, not the heir Princess Josiane

This could be fixed by changing “heir” to “royal” or another gender-neutral pronoun, really.

1 Like