Royal Affairs Discussion Thread and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

It would be nice if my MC can state they are looking forward to intellectual discussion with Estell when being asked about their preference. They are too calm for a passionate debate, but would welcome civilized sharing of opinion (which can also help the royalty build a better image)

9 Likes

Just wanted to note the {(trevelyanspeech = 4) thing, Hannah, if you were not yet aware of it.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for the double-post, but this was another thing that stood out to me. The last sentence of the first paragraph feels like it’s missing a sentence fragment.

1 Like

Or the “When” is supposed to be “Then.”

Yeah, I think it was a typo. Thank you for noticing @calagon1! Both those will be fixed in the next update.

By the way, thank you for noticing that repeated text in the coat section @ArthurVandelay - it will be fixed in the next update too.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Crème de la Crème Developer Diary and Romance Guide (Spoilers)

It’s an interesting discussion, but I wonder if it wouldn’t be neater to move it to the CDLC discussion thread? :thinking: I’m thinking it’ll probably be more useful for Hannah if we keep this thread focused on Royal Affairs feedback.

5 Likes

I’ve popped those posts over to the Creme thread but please feel free to continue discussing there, or chat about Royal Affairs business here! It’s a little bit of a grey area in terms of topic as the Creme MC’s actions can have a knock on effect on Royal Affairs in some ways, but yeah if you can keep more on the RA subject here that would be great as I can keep track of feedback and chat better!

(Perhaps ironically, the Royal Affairs endings may end up being more disparate - although the MC’s royal status may protect them from some consequences, the stakes will be that much larger-scale. If they get in over their head in trouble, they may end up with less rosy endings!)

5 Likes

I haven’t played Crème de la Crème (It didn’t seem interesting to me :sweat_smile:), but after reading this demo, I’m very encouraged! I had fun and I can’t wait for the next chapters.

I liked all the characters very quickly, especially Asher (cutie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) and Laurie. The dynamic between MC and Javi…that was just great, My MC is laid back guy and it’s not easy to upset him, so Javi’s reactions when he teased her. Lmao! I don’t really picture them as a couple, although it would be quite interesting to follow the development of such relationship :thinking:

3 Likes

That’s awesome, thank you so much :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: My aim is to make this one fun for players whether or not they played Crème de la Crème and I’m glad it’s working for you so far!

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right, Myrtle. I was very tired when I made the post, and I wasn’t thinking it through properly.

3 Likes

Oh no worries at all, it’s easy to fix :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Will it be possible to choose the color of MC’s eyes?

I haven’t decided yet :slightly_smiling_face: I tend to prefer a light touch on MC personalisation, but I did hit a moment recently in Chapter 4 where I wondered whether to mention a family member’s eye colour… If it becomes tricky to write around, I may add it in, but it’s not as high priority for me as eye colour doesn’t seem to have as much ingame/representation impact as other personalisation options.

12 Likes

Ok, I understand. For me it’s not big deal either, and I don’t miss it that much, I just got used to the fact that in every book I read there was such a choice :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Chapters 3 and 4 are now with Abby for editing! I’m so pleased - Chapter 3 came to a standstill for longer than I care to track, but once I had that down, Chapter 4 was a breeze. The Winter Term and Hearthlight holidays are now drafted - I’m on my phone at the moment but will post wordcounts and things tomorrow. Thank you for all the encouragement and feedback on the demo, everyone!

45 Likes

Momentum is continuing as I’ve implemented the Chapter 3 and 4 notes, and have just about planned Chapter 5, in which we return to school for the Spring Term! I’m going to get going on the code skeleton over the coming weekend. I feel optimistic about this one - it’s sowing some plot seeds while nurturing other seedlings that were planted in earlier chapters… So soon there will be a beautiful alpine meadow, or something!

31 Likes

Are there any plans for a hyacinthe/Asher triad route ? I loved Cdlc and I am already a big fan of RA ^^

3 Likes

At the moment no, based on the storyline I’ve got planned with them. I’m so glad you enjoyed Crème and are liking Royal Affairs!

5 Likes

How many chapters will you let us read in the demo before the final release? I’m edging on my seat for more school life already, also because now we’ve been introduced to all the major players!

I had this thought, but if we are able to romance peers in parallel, does this mean we can be begrudgingly engaged but have a mistress in the medieval sense and hiding it from our spouse, and perhaps we may also be enthusiastically engaged and our future spouse is cool with us having a second friend?

What I mean is, it seems like a situation may arise, which may not be what you intend for the character, but I just want to use an example, but one heir may marry Javi for the sake of the crown and seek the company of Asher for tender affections since they are always accompanied by us, or we might marry Dominique and they wouldn’t even oppose you spending time with another RO if that’s what you want because that seems like Dominique is okay with that, but I could be totally wrong there also.

These characterisations I made might not be correct at all, and I just am making examples, but this is how I perceived things. With that said, I only just met everyone in two chapters, and obviously, we will truly get to know all of them in more ways in Chapter 3 and 4, which events you teased do seem really exciting.

Really, I’m just excited to see how complicated these romantic and marital entanglements can become. Congratulations on starting Chapter 5! :clap:

1 Like