Royal Affairs Discussion Thread and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

I was really excited to see the first demo for this come up, as Creme and Blood Money are some of my favourite pieces of IF, and the first instances where I came to really appreciate the replay value of choice games! The demo was loads of fun to read through and it was great to return to the CdlC world, especially as it seems like we’ll be able to interact more with the political landscape you’ve set up, which is something I’m really looking forward to exploring from the perspective of the new MC.
You’ve done such a great job on this first demo and I can’t wait to watch it develop!

4 Likes

I loved the demo! There’s really a sense of opulence when compared to CdlC that really makes you feel the difference in the characters’ social standing. I do have a few observations, though:

1. Dominique is refered to using male pronouns here, despite being female:

“Goodnight!” Dominique chirps before disappearing down the landing to the left-hand suite; Beaumont glances after him darkly.

1. It would be nice to have a list of suggested pet names, for those of us who are horribly uncreative when put on the spot. :sweat_smile:

2. Javi’s realationship stat isn’t shown. I’m not sure if that was intentional or not.

Also, here are the stats I got at the end of my playthrough, in case that sort of thing is useful:

I’m looking forward to the rest of the game! :grin:

5 Likes

I love javi he just screams pay attention to me. I wonder if they have crush on mc. Cause their sure out get mc lol

10 Likes

Well, I’m sure that you get the gist by now of how much people like the game, so I’ll keep it straightforward:

-Creme da la Creme was fantastic, and I’ve played it through maybe a dozen times

-This is a different version of that story, and the formula is already pretty damn great

-It’s well written as always

-I like it so far, although I’m not a huge fan of any of the RO characters so far; maybe I’ll like them after more interactions and revelations

Anyway, good luck! I have no doubt that this will be another winning effort!

8 Likes

Wellll, I always pronounced it in my brain as "Arc-em-Balt (alt as in malt) and now I’m feeling ridiculous. This is Her-me-Own-ee all over again reading Harry Potter as a child. :joy:

3 Likes

I’m very excited to see this! I loved Creme de la Creme and wanted to see another game set in the same world, and this is exactly what I was hoping for. The demo so far is great and I can’t wait to see more.

1 Like

This was such a delight to read! I really enjoy Crème de la Crème so I was really happy when I saw this! While I think all the characters r lovely in their own way, the conflict between Javi and the MC just makes them look so delicious. I enjoy myself some enemies to lovers.

Loving the moment my CdlC character was mentioned, it makes me feel so giddy! Like, he made it! He married a royalty! Good for you bby, we worked hard. Anyway, I am sure this will become another masterpiece and Im really excited to play it <3 (Also I haven’t been able to get any sleep lately so I hope you don’t mind if I was being incoherent.)

5 Likes

OMG!!! I am so excited to see you are making another game!!! I absolutely LOVED Creme de la Creme!!! I really love your style of writing and am so excited to see what comes in the future!!! :grin:

1 Like

Ooh, that’s kind of a cute idea! Especially because Dominique and the MC have known each other for so long (and are very familiar with each other).

1 Like

Nuff said, time to make the CdlC MC our sibling-in-la-

Or not. Maybe I should-

…okay, this is hard.

Good luck!

20 Likes

A couple of names:

Golden Eagle = Goldie

Owl = Who

:crazy_face:

10 Likes

Lol, I meant for the pet :sweat_smile:, but your idea is pretty cool.

2 Likes

Haha! I thought you meant “pet names” as in “nicknames!” Oops!

3 Likes

Wow, Javi really pissed me off, so the antagonism of their character is well-written! :star_struck: The existing relationships between characters are prominent and fresh? Fresh in that I don’t think I’ve ever seen one RO blatantly coming onto another RO (Javi and Dominique), seemingly independent of the MC’s romantic interest. I like it! It’ll be interesting to see how the other ROs and other characters interact with each other.

13 Likes

Rosario such a sweetheart, I’m glad they scold Javi for making a scene in their wedding day (AS THEY SHOULD). I miss them so much! I hope we get to see them and other previous de la cream character again :heartbeat::pensive:

5 Likes

Speaking of the royal family, what’s our late father’s name?

1 Like

But it seems to have made his little brother even more of an asshole.
As if our current mc is to blame that one of Westerlind’s “common” (I mean I thought my previous mc was already really, really posh, if a bit down on his luck) citizens was cute and charming enough to seduce Rosario.

For my second mc, will we see or hear what Max is up to too?
Oh, also can’t wait for Hartmann to make an appearance as a teacher…a hot teacher…so please give us a flirt option with him, even if it leads nowhere. :grin:

5 Likes

Wow i was hoping to get into this universe again after playing your last title.and its every bit as good as i was expecting if not more. Thank u for ur hard work.

2 Likes

Ahhh I hope you enjoy!

Thank you so much for all your comments! Yes I’m planning to get further into the politics side of things in this one!

@justme Thank you and that’s super helpful, I will be uploading a corrected version later today!

Javi would thoroughly deny that. Thank you for playing!

@TheGhost Thank you so much, I’m glad you enjoyed Creme de la Creme and are enjoying the start of this one. Hopefully another romance option will catch your eye if these ones aren’t to taste - and there will also be lots of fun things to do as well as romance if not!

@anon21485497 please feel free to pronounce it how feels right!

@Phantomwolf83 I’m so glad, thank you!

I’m so happy it felt fun! And I’m glad you’re enjoying Javi so far!

@Symphony Thank you! I’m really excited for this project!

That’s a good problem to have!

I’m glad that you’re enjoying being annoyed by them! They are very annoying.

There are some characters who appear for every player, and others who sometimes appear depending on what they choose (or is randomised) for the Creme de la Creme events. So… watch this space!

Ah! That’s made me realise I hadn’t put it in that chapter, I’ll add it to the next update! It’s Georges :slight_smile:

Well… yes the Creme MC is very posh. But even without being down on their luck they’re a fair bit below the Archambault lot, and a LOT below royalty. Also Javi is just annoying.

I’m not sure on that one!

No teacher flirting I’m afraid!

Thank you so much, that means a lot!

15 Likes

Creme de la Creme is still the only Choice game I’ve gotten all achievements on simply because I’ve wanted to see everything the story has to offer. I can’t imagine that this won’t be the exact same for me. Can’t wait for this.

It does remind me to go check out Blood Money, though.

5 Likes