Royal Affairs Discussion Thread and Romance Guide (Spoilers Within)

I seem to vaguely remember that in Creme de la Creme in Rosario’s epilogue he had at least one quite cute male cousin present. :wink:

That’s fair marrying Rosario comes with sacrifices mc probably knew that. Still I do remember neither R nor his family stood in the way of my mc getting at least a university education at Gessner in the epilogue, so at least Rosario will have a well-educated husband and as a royal consort education may well be a thing my mc would champion, even if he cannot really work in education, or any other regular job, himself.
Best mc, as a royal consort, can probably do is give the occasional guest lecture at universities around the world on a subject they are both knowledgeable and passionate about.

My character with an actual aversion to the W word is probably my MC in Gower’s “Cakes and Ale” series.

My royal affairs mc will probably “work” to support his older sister and family as best he can, which probably means no formal job for him either.

3 Likes

Just bought the “Silver Spoon” DLC :+1:

2 Likes

To celebrate the Royal Affairs release fast approaching, I posted the commissioned art of male!Asher over here! The artist is so skilled!

23 Likes

I have a real soft spot for Asher, and this is a great portrait of him! The seriousness of purpose that’s been drilled into him shows up so clearly, but there are hints of his sweetness and sense of fun as well. Thank you for sharing!

7 Likes

Ooooh Asher is so pretty :heart_eyes: he is my favorite RO from Royal Affairs since I played the demo for the first time - he’s so caring and perfect. It will be hard to do gameplays without romancing him. But I really like Beaumont too, I love grumpys with soft spots.

I can’t wait to play the full game, I’m really looking forward to the end of this month :sweat_smile:

I saw other commissions from the artist on Tumblr. Amazing work.

10 Likes

Is there a demo?

The demo usually becomes available a couple days before the publication date.

1 Like

Yes, I expect a demo will go up in a couple of weeks. (It’s getting closer! Eek!!)

11 Likes

A week to go! Eeek again!

To celebrate, here’s a small story I wrote about one of the Royal Affairs side characters, Fabien, set many years before the game. For those who don’t know, Fabien’s an old friend of the queen and her family. The story doesn’t spoil anything for the game, but gives a little glimpse into the evening Fabien and his best friends graduated from university. I hope you enjoy!

(Shout-out to the lovely beta tester who said they wanted a spin off about Fabien because he sounded hot :star_struck:)

26 Likes

Wow! I love this story. It’s nice to get to see Estell and Fabien when they were younger and comparatively carefree, and to get to know Georges just a bit. I would love to read more about all of these people! Especially Fabien, who is kind of a soft gooey cinnamon roll somehow?

claps hands and chants “Bonus story IAP! Bonus story IAP! Bonus story IAP!” while making :pleading_face: eyes

7 Likes

Hehe! Thank you, I’m glad you enjoyed! If I come up with more ideas I may well do more. This one was very spontaneous, I thought of it when out for a walk, and it was really fun to do but when I sat and tried to think of others, it wasn’t so easy :sweat_smile: I’ve been doing so much interactive writing for the last while that linear prose feels a little rusty!

7 Likes

Ugh. I gotta play Crem De La Creme again :weary: . I’ve been meaning to but I’m in a slump where I start a game, play a chapter or two, get bored, and start a new game, and repeat.

If you haven’t seen the announcement, the demo is UP! Along with an author interview where you can find out more about about the game’s three-year journey, and a juicy little hint about my next project!

19 Likes

I bought it today! Looking forward to more in the same Universe. Or in the Blood Money Universe!

2 Likes

Finally!
I’ve only always played a commoner marrying into royalty, now it’s really different.

I got excited every time they mentioned any characters from Creme de la Creme [ especially my previous MC haha].

I felt so attacked when Javi said that my Creme MC wouldn’t have cared about his brother (Rosario) if he was a poor scholarship student. Man, in my first play through I really did dumb Freddie for Rosario. LOL Javi sure got some instinct.

2 Likes

@thomasgelms Amazing, I hope you enjoy! I am working on something in the Creme de la Creme setting as we speak! (tidbit at the end of the interview :eyes:)

@jc_pearlorchid ahaaaa I love it! I’m glad you enjoyed seeing the old character cameos!

By the way, in the leadup to release I posted a bunch of moodboard and character intros on my Tumblr: here they are all together!

8 Likes

I don’t know you have already posted this, but is there some kind of a map?

I’ve played both CdlC and Noblese, and I kinda got caught up in all these courtries. haha

My personal favorite is Jehzan, btw.

Not really, I confess - I’m never quite sure about maps. But I did answer a Tumblr ask about some of the layout of things which may be illuminating.

2 Likes

I wonder if there is a way I can prevent the suffrage and romance Trevelyan, I really like him and I love my political privilege.

1 Like

I spoke out against suffrage, it passed anwyays and he still got pissy and stopped talking to my MC. He says something like “I’m glad it passed but you don’t respect my beliefs so bye.”

Im paraphrasing but that’s the gist lol.