Roots (Mythology WIP) - Updated 12/16/20

@treacletart

Hello! Thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful review! I always worry that my writing is not up to snuff to some of the amazing stuff some people in the community pump out, so it makes me feel happy when people enjoy what I have!

I also really loved mythology ever since I was a little girl. Rick Riordan’s books were basically my whole childhood! As I mentioned before on my tumblr, him and Neil Gaiman are huge inspirations to me!

(P.s I will gladly look at any references you might have! )

5 Likes

Leaked footage of the MC finally making Misao laugh:

22 Likes

FBI gonna delete dat

6 Likes

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to share some amazing fanart I got recently!

This is by @Anathema 's amazingly talented sister! You should all check out her Instagram and see some of the other cool stuff she’s drawn!

17 Likes

I’ve only just started taking interest into Philippine mythology myself, all thanks to littlestpersimmon on tumblr. He draws amazing art of various gods and godesses! I probably wouldn’t have known that our myths are so wide and diverse if it wasn’t for him.

It was a bit hard to do some research because writings about PH myths are hard to find but The Aswang Project has compiled many Filipino myths and folkore for easy access! As you might know Philippines has a whole lot of islands all over so different regions are gonna have different myths and folkores, but the site made it easy to navigate through that! I hope this helps you! :relaxed:

6 Likes

We have like, 3 different gods of war for christ sake.

2 Likes

@treacletart
Thank you so much for sending me those links! I’m not sure if I’ll be able to include Phillipine mythology in this game or not but I have everything saved in my bookmarks should the opportunity show itself later down the road!

5 Likes

I for one can’t wait to meet Misao’s scary demon boss and see where it spirals out of control to from there. :grin:

1 Like

:scream: I do not know where you got the idea that Inari is a demon, but I assure you that is not the case!

2 Likes

Hi! I love your WIP but I got an error while playing the update. It might just be that that’s all you added in which case I apologize but just in case here it is.

(Also noice Misao action going on :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:)

1 Like

@ghostsnwitches

Should be fixed now I hope! There’s still a little bit more to the demo past that. Glad you’re enjoying Misao :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My mc reason’s that the thing that employs our devious Foxy must be a demon. But then my mc has a hard time believing any of the recent events in his life. He’s also generally someone who doesn’t believe in God or Gods and would treat such beings like sufficiently advanced aliens.

Hmm… I think I remember that there is an anime about inari…she is a goddess if you didn’t know. She has many shrines in Japan. And she is related to the sun goddess amaterasu, as well as susano…
Maybe Wikipedia will tell you more if you are interested.:wink:

There’s no error I just like this dialogue

“What do you mean,” the fox with the man’s voice says slowly, “I assure you friend, that everything is fine. Nothing is wrong.”
“Oh yeah the fact that a dude I just met at a bus stop turned into a giant white fox at-” You briefly glance at your cell phone, “At 1 AM, is totally a normal occurrence that happens every single day of my life.”

4 Likes

Thank you for working so fast! I tried it though and I still got an error (the same one). Maybe it’s because I loaded my game? Idk should I just start over instead?

1 Like

@ghostsnwitches
:frowning: that’s so weird. I tried it out on CSIDE and it worked fine. Do you mind pmming me the choices you made to see if I can recreate it?

Maybe you’re right, and it has to do with the files :confused: I did change a lot around.

1 Like

I’ll look it up sometime, but it wouldn’t change the in-game views of my mc immediately. He thinks Foxy’s boss is a demon, so to him Inary is some sort of Japanese oni or other mythological monster.

1 Like

That update tho…oof can Misao stop giving me feels? I’m 100% ready for the angst he seems to carry with him!

1 Like

Yup, I just started over instead of loading and everything went fine, sorry for disturbing haha.

1 Like

Aw no problem! I’m glad the game is working for you again with no problems!

:kissing_smiling_eyes: And I can’t wait to write that delicious angst when the time comes!

Also, can you believe it? We’ve officially hit 200 likes! :partying_face:
Here’s Anela, another RO who has yet to be introduced to celebrate.

13 Likes