Rokusuppo W.I.P. (June, 3, 2019)

the error happen no matter what you choose

Ok edited it :+1:

(20 chars)

3 Likes

I just have a question though, what the hell is a fashion designer doing in a street fight between Hight Schooler ?

Anime…nuff said.

7 Likes

fair enough

4 Likes

2 Likes

I really need to find a better schedule. It didn’t seem like there was any problems at the time. But it’s great when people point these things out to me. I try to catch them all before hand. Really. But something always falls through the cracks.

Part of it is the million and half edits that people never see, usually end up doing something to throw things out of order.

Apparently it wasn’t indented. That should be fixed now. At the very least that’s an easy problem to solve. Spelling errors and typos will take a little bit longer to get to.

2 Likes

cool, now that i saw fully all the paths, i can say the hobo is still my favorite mentor

and i like how Setsuna and Noel bail your ass out of an heavy ass kicking

i also like how each mentor basicaly detect that you’re the protag by almost instantly knowing you’ll end up in their hellscape tournament, one way or another

Are fighting styles going to matter in this, or can we pick a primary one to determine how we fight? I mean besides something like a defensive stat. Something like boxing or krav maga.

The new demo is very good (the crush on Rafael still stand) I love the different mentors ideas.
I feel the characters have been flashed out better this time.

A really good work.

1 Like

To me love hard work you have put in this story

for the other personality bar, i would have though of a red / blue personality bar (in reference to the blue oni / red oni dynamique), basicaly if you’re hotheaded or calm

a shonen / down to earth personnality bar

and bloodknight / pacifist bar (basicaly if you fight just for the sake of fighting or you need an actual motivation)

those are my three ideas , i don’t think they are great but i hope it help somewhat

@Prof_Chaos

Ideally, yes. Eventually. Though there’s some questions I have about implementation that I need to mull over. It will make fighting certain opponents easier(Easier, not guaranteed victory), but I also don’t want one particular style that basically just gives players a complete handicap for all fights. Though realistically, it probably won’t be that hard of a game. At least not intentionally.

@Balrog_Demorgothe

I thought of something like that. But then I had to wonder, how to make them different enough that someone doesn’t confuse which things do what during the story. That’s a personal piss off for me from other HGs/COG’s I played and I really want to avoid that.

Wild would already be sort of a measure of impulse and aggression, so if there was something like an Impulsive stat, how would you know which thing does which?

3 Likes

yeah, some game are really confusing when it come to that, it’s sometime a real probleme

To be fair I feel like any game where you can choose what is said/done is gonna have that problem cause everyone interprets things differently (although I feel telltale games are the worst with that)

also just saying but i feel like you should stay away from purely IRL fighting style for the game, it would kinda mess with the ‘anime’ feel of the game IMO, you should at least change their names (except maybe for your pre training style) or stay vague with just calling it ‘Boxing hobo guy’s version’ or stuff like that

that’s just my opinion though and i could be full of shit but eh, might as well share my gut feeling

2 Likes

I don’t see how it would. There are plenty that use actual styles of fighting. I’d want to be able to chose something like krav maga or muay thai. This would give the MC something like a trademark style of fighting, something to show that they have training and would also add to replay value.

I’m having flashback of the absolute nightmare that was playing a MC who was both Stoic AND Impulsive in Samurai of Hyuga. I could never guess which choice acted on the Impulsive/Calculated axis and which one on the Charming/Stoic one.

I don’t know, I kind of like having a somewhat grounded action sequence.

1 Like

yeah, Hyuga could get pretty confusing with some personnality combinaison

then it’s a question of taste because i’d prefer to stay with the anime feel of the game, having fighting style too grounded in reality would kinda not work with that kind of ambiance

meh, most don’t use actual fighting style, at best they use fictional variante of existing style like some Kenshin character use an OP fictional variant of the Laijustsu

well, actualy giving him IRL fighting style would actualy hurt that if that’s what you want because it’s pretty hard to have a trademark fighting style when you have thousands of others people using them

i don’t say you shouldn’t have fighting style, i’m just saying that IRL fighting style aren’t the best idea