Rokusuppo W.I.P. (June, 3, 2019)

I love this game so much, and Noel is definitely my favorite :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I think I Rokusuppo has what it take loved game for us 94 people how play seen what it meant to be

So not quite enough to call it done at this point and I need to spend most of my week either in hotels or training from early morning until late afternoon, so the time I get to work is very limited.

Still. I will just comment where I landed on things.

North Point: Swimming(A fine choice), Shogi, Tennis, Judo
Sada: Debate, Art, Tennis, Kendo
Public: Fine Art Crafts, Movie research(Really, the best one.), Tennis, Boxing

Those are what you’re going to get. I love feedback, but I already have enough work sunk in that I probably won’t change anything unless there’s an overwhelming demand for it. Otherwise, you could just try one of the other things. Three branches. Four things each. It’s a lot for what you’re getting.

Two choices are for main characters with their own thing. Tennis being universal for clubs, but the characters won’t be the same, and there’s at least one kind of competition sport. Mind you, being good at fighting isn’t the same as being good at fighting in a sport setting.

So that’s the current situation and I’m going to try to work on what I can and respond when it’s possible to do.

Any questions about things so far, I will try to answer them as soon as I can. Just, keep in mind there has to be a reasonable expectation of when you can expect a response.

9 Likes

It’s quite normal that fighting in a competition is different than fighting in the street, that’s why nobody used kendo during actual sword fight as a far as i know

1 Like

I really like the club options, especially movie research, so yes I agree that would be the best one :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I am taking boxing that is my sport of choice all thing

That’s completely up to you.Though if you ever got bored, try out another option of something and see where that leads. I’m slowly building all the branches, but I am splitting work among 12 different routes. So it’s going to be a bit of a process. And it’s going to become a slower one at that. And, I think most of you have an idea of the kind of person I am by now. So I’m just going to tell you exactly why.

I do fully intend to work on this as much as I can, but the reason why things have been slowing down even when I previously said it shouldn’t, is because I’ve been in security training. Much of it comes to the verbal, and some of it comes to the physical. Obviously, obviously, communication skills come before physical ones and are only a final option when there is absolute need to do it.

In both cases, I’m not good enough as I am now. I need to triple my efforts from square one. Just being able to pass in a controlled environment, isn’t going to cut it in. I might be able to explain how this stuff works, but without proper practice? It’s all useless knowledge This is all before my proper shifts start at about four days a week. Not including the time that I’m on call and overtime hours. Between that and needing to shape up my own defensive skills with how much time for proper rest…it’s going to be a bit tight. But all this means, is that I can come back to what I’m working on with more perspective and a more in depth understanding instead of just reading things.

So…this is a bit of a long post and I’m kind of boring myself with the details, but, don’t think I’m forgetting about this. I’m already touching up things right now. The thing that needs to be remembered that I’m not like some writers who get paid for this. This is a hobby. Volunteer work for me. Something I do for fun.

It is however, something I want to improve on. Always has been. Positive feedback is fantastic. It is. It tells me people are enjoying what they read. Encouragement is motivation. Motivation is what makes me WANT to do it. But…and this is a big but coming…I’m always open to negative feedback if it’s a critique of work. Without someone telling you what you’re doing wrong, you can’t start to improve or correct it, if you are left thinking that there is no problem.

So…I will wrap this up, because at this point the thought will be “You have this much time to talk about excuses, but not write anything, huh?” but just keep in mind if you have anything you don’t like or feel like something should be done different, it’s okay to say it. It won’t hurt my feelings. Don’t take what I say as something you should do for everyone who writes here, but it’s fine to tell me what your thoughts are.

8 Likes

well, it’s kinda hard to give negative feedback at this point since most critic would be on the concept itself, given how early it is in developement, which is kinda pointless because it would be a matter of taste

pretty much the only negative feedback i can think of is that the rich route’s friendship seems more tense than the other route’s friendship and that’s only a real problem if it’s non intentional

edit : not sure if what i meant is clear, if it isn’t, sorry, i’m kinda tired

2 Likes

As long as you don’t abandon this diamond in the rough. I don’t care how long it takes. Bring me back to the golden age of anime!

7 Likes

In that case, I will need to create a character whose sole purpose is to describe obvious actions as they’re happening.

3 Likes

:joy: It’s so true, I almost woke my roommate up with laughter.

you need 3 of those if we are talking golden age

1 Like

We need a krillin, Brock and kurabara.

1 Like

Though, I already covered a lot of your standard cast, didn’t I? Let’s take a look at what tropes we got here. We got:

A strong silent type brooding guy, a genki girl, a silent terse girl, SCP, you’re loud and obnoxious bruiser who actually does have the power to back it up, and Noel probably has a trope he fits into to, but I can’t think of what it’s called.

And blood knights. We got blood knights up the wazoo or wherever you prefer to put things up in. Mind you, in this kind of game, essentially everybody is a blood knight to some degree. Everybody.

Sink or Swim mentors. One of them being of the mooching variety. I can’t tell you where the other two fall in exactly, but there’s probably a term for each.

And it occurs to me that depending on how someone wants to play, the MC is essentially both, the rival character and the stock protagonist depending on whose perspective you’re looking at things from. They would even be that out of nowhere last minute love rival character to the plot, if they were romancing someone they didn’t go to the same school with.

Yep. A good number of the bases are covered.

7 Likes

we just need a tsundere, an amazon a gender changing curse and a bunch of magical princes kidnapping the ROs and we can practicaly recreat Ranma 1/2 XD (the childhood friend is probably covered by our friends in school)

Noel mostly fit either a number of girl trope or a number of yaoi trope, depending on how you see it

1 Like

Even Speedwagon is excited!

1 Like

I think we all should take a second to let it register that in this universe, even Hercule really would be a legitimate badass.

5 Likes

But Hercule was a badass. Just not compared to the people with super powers.

Don’t we also need Yami No Chikara even if it makes no sense?

1 Like

He would be a bad ass in most univers, in fusion reborn, he was casualy beating a hord of zombies and he won a tournament where we saw guys like Panput who can just reduce a wall to dust with a casual elbow strike

1 Like

Here’s an interesting thing. Hercules power level is estimated above 40 by fans, but this wouldn’t be accurate since he is canonically the strongest non ki and flyer fighter in the DBZ era. Chi Chi has a power level of at least 130 and is also incapable of special moves. So we can estimate that Hercule has a base level of 130 minimum despite not being able to use special moves.

Master Shen while capable of ki attacks has a power level of 120 and Master Roshi during this era ranked in at about 139. While they are capable of ki and energy waves, Hercule is physically on par with Master Roshi early on whether or not Mr.Satan would be capable of realizing this himself.

Goku’s starting level in Dragon Ball? 10. Meaning that even if Hercule did have the level of 40 like he was supposed to, this means he was four times as strong as kid Goku was originally, meaning that in the Dragon Ball era he would have actually been a very serious and very real opponent early on.

Near the end of the King Piccolo Saga, Roshis level jumps to 180 and Demon King Piccolo is at 260. Indicating that if Hercule’s power is at least 130 minimum, he hosts about half the power that King Piccolo did, without the addition of energy attacks to aid him.

So yeah, had Hercule appeared in the early parts of Dragon Ball he would have been a complete bad ass, and while not stronger than Tien or all the Red Ribbon commanders, he could have given them a serious run for their money.

1 Like