Rise of Etrea: The Royal Spy, Updated 1/4/20

I like your story and can’t wait for the next update

Something I noticed

The underlined part is missing a word

Thank you for you kind words and your suggestion! I’m the type of person to go through the stats screen almost immediately just to look at the different personality stats so when I wrote that wasn’t something I considered.

1 Like

OMG
I loved your game!
And i think i’m in love with The Mage.

Thank you for the reply! :heart: Good luck with your game! :smiley:

Sounds interesting I’ll check it out

I’ve been wondering where this one went.
It stayed in the back of my mind, only to pop up everytime I saw the word spy in a wip.

Wait does it means she is our sister

Sorry for the late reply, no Aurelious/Lianna is not your sibling. But they did have their parents who have not been mentioned yet. The MC does have a younger sibling, who may play a major part later in the story depending on your choices.

4 Likes

Will anything change depending if you chose to be Male or Female?

1 Like

Clarification please. Why did Etrea decide to leave the alliance until they restrict magic? Is Etrea not the country using magic in everything?

Yes a few things. The ones in the story now is the MC’s position in court with a female MC being in line for the throne and a male MC the same for High General. Plus the MC’s younger sibling is also the opposite gender of the MC. Later in the story there will be a couple of characters that may react differently to the MC depending on gender. Basically just small things that are more for flavor than anything else.

1 Like

Happy to clarify! Etrea decided to leave after not until the Alliance restricted magic use, it was a peaceful solution to avoid another series of wars.

Is the male MC not the heir in line for the throne?

No, the Etrean line of succession is matriarchal. So kind of like how in the old fuedal monarchies only considered females if they were the last direct descendents of the former King (and even then their power was usually given up after marriage), Etrea only considers males if they are the last descendant of their line.

Which for a male MC would be difficult since they have their younger sister, other female Venali relations, and House Leoda contestants who for all intents and purpose should have been considered before the MC’s mother.

3 Likes

You shake your head, "Of course not. It was one of my first lessons, the leader of Etrea at the time felt that magical technologies was the best way to improve the way of living of people. The Church of the All-Seeing created doctrine against it. Rather than starting another series of religious wars; Etrea would leave the Alliance until they restricted magic use.

I highlighted the mistake in the game text above.

In my opinion you shouldn’t let the gender change the story as i said before i think that the Etrean line shouldn’t be matriarchal or patriachal so everyone can have the same experience regardeless of the gender they identify themselves (i think that gender opinion in the games should be only for the pronouns and that shouldn’t change nothing in the story and for a customization option like when we chose hair color or eye color)

1 Like

Why should it be changed? It doesn’t really impact the story and even if it does, that just means you need to make some skill checks to find another way. And personally I like the fact that the succession line is matriarchal, because its interesting and adds to the world building of this story. And I disagree that gender should only dictate pronouns, that sounds incredibly bland and boring.

19 Likes

Well, only pronoun choice makes the story boring. However, most writers do that to reduce work.

@JinxedGames I would like it if you even add more to world-building. Like make polyandry legal and polygyny illegal (in line with the matriarchal society), for example.

1 Like

I like the idea of a matriarchal succession line too
I just hope it wont mean we have to be diplomatic as female and strong in male (like I hope we dont get forced to play a certain way with a certain gender asnd get punished otherwise)

5 Likes

That’s why stats exist.