Riddle

I have a riddle that I want to see if you can solve. There is a fox, a chicken, and some chicken feed. You have to get all of them across a bridge. But, if you leave the fox with the chicken the chicken is eaten. If you leave the chicken with the chicken feed the chicken eats it. How do you get them across. You can only take one at a time.

I know probably some of you heard this before and if you have any good riddles post them here.

@andymwhy isn’t that more trivia then a riddle. It was still Mount Everest.

What is as large as an elephant but weighs nothing?

You take the chicken across the lake then you take the fox. You take the chicken back across and then you take the feed across. Now go back for the chicken and you are done.

The smallest finch can carry me, while a strong man might not. What am I?

A tune.

None have seen it, yet all know it. It is sharper than any blade, yet it leaves no wounds. It comes from nothing, yet the strongest of men have fallen to it. What is it?

Love

Who makes it has no need of it. Who buys it has no use for it. Who uses it has no knowledge of it. What is it?

Who knows it?

@Kadael - I’d say silence or hunger fit as well. @Nack A coffin.

What was the tallest mountain in the world before Everest was discovered?

@andymwhy- Ya I quess it could be. I would take grave to.
cool74-An elephants shadow.

Until I am measured I am not known yet, how you miss me when I have flown. What am I?

Time

Every time you take one you leave one behind What is it.

A footprint.

What gets wetter the more it dries? (I ain’t bothering with ones hard because that means I have to look some up)

A towel

I make the heavens shake, I black out the lights of the night , When I die my breath remains.

Thunder

If you break me
I do not stop working,
If you touch me
I may be snared,
If you lose me
Nothing will matter.

What am I?

your heart

i have a mouth but never talk
i have a foot but never walk
i have bed but never sleep
i have a head but never weep

what am i?

@russianspy close it was hope.

A river.

Poor people have it. Rich people need it. It is greater than God and more evil than the devil. If you eat it you will die. What is it?

Nothing.

Where will you find roads without cars, forests without trees and cities without houses?

@cool74 close it is a black hole.
@loveless86 a map.

A man while looking at a photograph said, “Brothers and sisters have I none. That man’s father is my father’s son.” Who was the person in the photograph?

@Nack The man’s son

Four jolly men sat down to play, And played all night till the break of day. They played for cash and not for fun, With a separate score for every one. When it came time to square accounts, They all had made quite fair amounts. Now, not one has lost and all have gained, Tell me, now, this can you explain?

Sounds like Monopoly to me.

A very skilful man is running from an army of pixie warriors. He’s running because he is carrying four gold bars which he stole from them. After a while, he reaches a bridge crossing a vast chasm. The bridge is tied in place with strong rope wrapped around the trunk of a very strong tree. The chasm is 60 metres wide and the bridge can support a maximum load of 80kg.
The man weighs 74kg and the gold bars weigh 1, 2, 3, and 4kg each. The pixies are closing fast and the man has to act now. What does he do? How much gold does he manage to cross the bridge with?

Does he juggle them as he walks over?

What gets whiter the dirtier it gets?

Yes, he juggles :slight_smile:
A chalk board?

What sport is this? i i i i i i i i i i