Return to Zemia (WIP - updated 25 March)

Thanks looking forward to more and seeing what you can still manage to do with our mc’s late brothers. :wink:

If that is Sammy’s wish my mc will probably be happy to oblige. Sadly the game won’t actually cover their married life or even the marriage itself.

Mmm…does this mean Viv has potential for a slap, slap, kiss rivalrymance?

I like this original concept. So any chance it can be salvaged somewhat. I mean I doubt Carina did all that research on Earth herself as a busy pr manager and sociality. She’s got to have had a research assistant like that to help her (and Yusra). Maybe the media firm she works for (or owns?) also publishes documentaries on (life on) the other planets, as that seems ot be one of the few ways, other than vacations for the ultra-rich to monetize it, given the current state of space-travel. :thinking:

But I also like the current Carina. Can totally see her and my mc talking about guys and fahsion. :grin:

1 Like

TBD if marriage/commitment will be available in game or not, V kind of throws off the time line, so we’ll have to wait and see. I’m thinking with (possibly) the exception of V, marriage won’t be a thing. Having said that, Samir’s theme refers more to the music itself than the name. I wanted something whimsical but not naive or sugary

V has a rival, but it’s not the MC (and there’s no romance path between the two), but same with Samir’s theme, I picked it more based on the music than the title. I think I can say this much w/o spoilers: I was looking for stormy music with duality (and I really think I hit the mark with the Prokofiev!)

Yusra provided Carina with the information, and by that I mean that Yusra collected data on Earth and handed it over to Carina to consume–Yusra hasn’t actually read any of the data she mined.

Yusra, Hasan, and Lia were on Earth a bit longer than I think most people assume. It wasn’t a snatch and go operation anyway

Carina’s main role is on Zemia now though, helping the rich and famous of Seyvia avoid and bury scandal.

The old Carina was too similar to Kaya, which is why she changed so radically. Kaya, granted, isn’t shy, but the role she plays in the story (as a helper type person) is the role that Carina would have played

1 Like

Sure seemed like it with how much of a hurry they appeared to be in. If they had more time then what my mc really resents is that no effort was made to give his Earth family proper closure. Which say a mangled, burned out car-wreck and (cloned) body parts with his DNA all over it could have done.
As it is they didn’t even bother to secure his Earth phone. :unamused:

They had been watching the MC (and gathering data) for some time, but once they had you, there was no need to linger

To be fair! There is actually time between the MC being abducted and the MC waking up, so they could have done something

Since I dont know how the game is going to end (or rather since I dont know every detail of every ending for the game), I won’t give you free license to head canon that, but it’s possible–I just don’t want to write myself into a corner

1 Like

We’re about to hit 100 followers on tumblr! I’d like to do something special to celebrate, but I don’t know what. What do you guys think? Tell me here or send suggestions to my ask box :tada::balloon::tada::balloon:

2 Likes

Best thing I can think of is an expansion of the WIP, but of course, that can only happen if you’ve got the good stuff and feel like you’re ready to post it? No need to hurry it just because of social media if it isn’t. Take your time and make it as good as you feel you need to. Still, next up would be the overhauled lunch scenes, if I recall correctly, right? They are RO focused scenes and sure to be popular.:thinking:
If not, I’m afraid I’m a rather predictable creature: Smutty Sammy and prince mc scenes on Tumblr. :grin: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Half right! If only editing those scenes was all I had to do :tired_face: editing doesn’t take me very long. The next update is going to include a lot of completely new content, and that’s what’s taking so long. I finished one branch before I flew out, but then I got stuck on its twin (hard to explain without spoilers). I have started work on a different branch though! So that helped me break through the block a little bit. I don’t know when I’ll be finsihed with all of them though

2 Likes

I’m not really sure what’s done for this sort of occasion, but maybe you can do AU snippets or longer drabbles about what the characters would be doing if they weren’t in their current lines of work on Zemia (like if Arvin wasn’t in the military, what else would he be doing?), or if they lived on Earth, or were adventurers in a stereotypical fantasy or scifi. That could be fun. :thinking: (and if you do write something like that, please tell us here, too! :relaxed:)

1 Like

A very good idea! I’m willing to do that anytime, actually, if anyone sends me asks/requests for it. To answer what would Arvin do if he wasn’t in the military–he’d be a complete recluse in the mountains, off the grid and self-sustaining type living :man_farmer:t2:

4 Likes

A few things…

Progress update ~
I haven’t died, and in fact I’ve been working! I’m about half way through two of the branches for chapter 2, and one of them is finished. There are two more that I haven’t touched yet. I’ve also added a few things to earlier stuff.

The tumblr hit 100 followers a bit ago! Here’s the celebration :balloon::tada::fireworks:

And finally tomorrow is Valentine’s Day :wilted_flower::gift_heart::kiss:send me your Valentine’s asks on tumblr if you want to celebrate :heart_eyes:

Like this

14 Likes

How would Sammy react to prince mc trying to bake him a proper heart shaped valentine’s cake? Particularly if the result isn’t actually that great because they stubbornly insisted on doing it themselves, was trying to recreate an Earth recipe with barely familiar ingredients and chased the chef and his kitchen staff out of the kitchen for the duration.

I mean my mc’s first instinct would be to give Sammy jewelry and go out to a top tier restaurant, but then he probably remembers that Sammy has all that stuff and the Zemian Rolex equivalents and likely frequently visits the top eating establishments already and goes for something simpler.

Okay, Viv’s a crown prince himself too, right? So I (and my mc too) would expect him to be used to people going to great lengths to indulge his whims and desires.

Okay now I’m anxious to see the fireworks display and whatever else Sammy may thought up for prince mc too. Though my mc would probably first need to freshen himself up and get the flour out of his hair, among other things.

1 Like

He’s used to being pampered and coddled for sure, but he’s not used to any of the coddlers caring about him. It’s their job, they don’t do it out of love. And another layer to consider is the nature of the MC’s relationship to V itself. It wasn’t organic, there was no meet cute. The MC going out of their way to show their love for V has to be understood in that context

1 Like

So poor Vivien feels, (perhaps with reason, perhaps not, can’t say since we haven’t actually met the guy) that nobody, or at least very few people, care about him as a person and only care about the crown prince?

1 Like

That is in fact how they feel

1 Like

All these Arvin things on your blog. While I would consider amnesia to be a very bad end, make no mistake about that. Particularly in light of the huge amount of work my is planning to do in order to integrate and prepare properly, including but not limited to putting himself through both a history degree and military academy. Losing all of that work, assuming these shorts are set at a way later date would be very disheartening to say the least.
Still if and when you have time I’d like to see overprotective knight in shiny armor, self-appointed protector (and regent, seems the scuttlebutt would unfortunately be correct about who truly holds the helm of the executive branch in that case) Sammy with prince/emperor mc?
Preferably of the bittersweet variety where bits and pieces may be returning to the mc, like in that latest Arvin snippet.

Also tempted to ask for Vivien, but I know you won’t answer in detail about him in the asks before we’ve had a chance to actually meet the guy in-game.

Good luck with the new job by the way.

1 Like

I’ll add it to the queue, probably get to it tomorrow or Friday!

Right you are!

Thank you :grin:

Might as well ask this now while I’m on the forum!

There will be a possible moment with a certain someone where you have the opportunity to choose a small bauble that attracts your attention, so what would draw the attention of your MC? Think small, fairly inexpensive things that you might find at a fair :gift:

2 Likes

Hmmm…my mc is generally attracted to nice and quite expensive jewelry and clothes/accessories.

His other fascination would be with technology. So it would likely be some sort of gadget or toy. Maybe a small, but working in the sense that it actually hovers toy model hovercar. :thinking:

Hey no hurry and you shouldn’t let it distract you from actually working on writing the game. :wink:

1 Like

Interesting suggestions, and I’ll keep them around for later, bigger gift opportunities, but this one is much cheaper, like a handmade pin (if we’re thinking jewelry), or other essentially worthless items. It’s more a souvenir than a gift

Also: these baubles are small, they could fit into a pocket

1 Like

gasp snowglobes pls

1 Like

Small gadgets do fit in pockets, in fact many of them were designed for that. But I do get your point. I guess my mc would appreciate the earnest effort and the spirit that goes into hand-made jewelry, like those pins, even if the result may not always be as perfect as a 3d printed or replicated one (which is how I imagine the industry in Zemia actually manufactures most things on demand in the more developed and wealthier areas of the planet). :thinking:

Still if it has only sentimental value my mc might be more likely to actually make that Valentine’s snippet with Sammy come true in-game by trying to perfectly recreate his Earth mom’s favorite cake recipe, with Zemian ingredients, with the less than perfect results we saw in the snippet.

1 Like