Rest In Peace Chester Bennington

So now, Chester Bennington from LP is dead, what do you think will happen?

This song explains the entire situation.
P.S. If this is too off-topic, just let me know.

Yesterday was my birthday, but instead of celebrating, I spent the whole day miserable and crying because my favorite musician for the past 11 years committed suicide.

When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I’ve done
Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed
And don’t resent me
And when you’re feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest

</3

Who cares if One More Light goes out
In a sky of a million stars…
But In The End it doesn’t even matter.
He was my fav musician from LP(which is my fav band).
It struck me like lightning, and this track amplified my sadness.:pensive:

Rest in peace, Chester. Your suffering has come to an end. A figure to look up to, is what you always were to me. Your music, your lyrics, helped me get through some tough times. You will be missed by many, remembered by all. Even though you have fallen by your own hands, there is no doubt that you were a strong and intelligent man, even in your final moments. Torment has taken you, but you did not deserve this fate. Just know that this is not a betrayal to anyone, just another reminder that anyone can feel agony.

I’ve listened to linkin park since I first heard numb. They have always had stellar hits and his death hits right in the feels. You will be missed Chester.

Rest in peace buddy.

Their latest album “One more light”, was a kind of a suicide note. Nobody realised that and instead everyone abused Chester.

I hope the band will keep existing but without Chester, it just wouldn’t be the same…

But if they keep making music I’ll do my best to keep supporting them.

“Somewhere I Belong” will always remain my teenage angst anthem.

May he RIP :disappointed:

Chester is up there rocking out in heaven.

This is the first time in my life when I’m legit very upset by the death of a celebrity.

I know Linkin Park’s music has helped many people with depression (and other mental health problems) who see themselves in their lyrics.
It must be extremely heartbreaking to see Chester go like this when you were/are battling the same demons.

Thank goodness, I’ve never had any major issues of the sort. But still, I was bullied and ostracized during my teenage years and depended heavily on music and painting to lift my mood when I came back home everyday. Chester’s voice and Linkin Park have been my loyal companions for over a decade now.

I supose in a couple of years the band will be back on their feet with a new vocalist but it’s never EVER going to be the same. I will still support them tho.

I don’t know what else to say.

R.I.P. Chester Bennington.
You really were a voice of a generation.
We miss you.

@Anubhab_Khanra
I think so, too. It’s perfectly fine not to like One More Light, but I think it’s fucked up that so many people insulted him horribly for doing what he wanted to do and delving into a new genre of music. Yeah, it’s pop, but that does not matter because it’s still amazing and powerful music. :frowning:

@thesecatsaintloyal

They might just stick with Mike as the lead vocalist. I also think it would be a great idea and a touching tribute to have them release songs in a new album that Chester was recorded on before he died.

Sobs uncontrollably