Request for Comment: cslib_class

I don’t know if there’s an official ruling on whether a scene list is really required or not. We use randomtest in the cslib CI to run its testsuite and haven’t had any issues.

That’s not to say there aren’t advantages to having one, but it doesn’t appear necessary to list every single scene. That said… having a cslib scene “finish” because it was accidentally accessed would be difficult to debug.

I’d recommend against it, at least not in favour of names that will make more sense to the average CS user (who are not typically programmers by trade). We’ve done our best to keep that in mind when naming other modules and functions too (though I’m sure we weren’t always right).

Let me know if I can be of any help at all (though probably best to take the meaty discussion to GitHub). Between you and @StephenHart committing I should take a hint and finish up that contributing guide…

2 Likes

I agree, we should keep the naming simple and in a way that is easily understood by everyone.

3 Likes

Ditto. If you use SQL terms there will inevitably be someone who says, “what do you mean I can’t do a LEFT OUTER JOIN”?

1 Like

I think this should be so, or at the very least strongly recommended. Unlike predefined arrays, the index can be mutable after delete so it’s far less useful.

2 Likes