Reports from Philomena (58K words, Now with a Discord Server!) Updated: August 29, 2018

I love the demo so far, could it be possible to have an option for an eyepatch for our disguise, just to sell the whole rugged aspect?

1 Like

I am so conflicted if i still wanna arrest her…

1 Like

There are other uses for handcuffs.

…oh, come on! You were all thinking it and you know it.

4 Likes

didn’t thought of that… although that was a good suggestion :wink:

2 Likes

@Hazel: Lacroix was actually supposed to be one of the only two LIs when this game was being thought up. And minor spoilers, but the only scene with handcuffs so far is Lacroix literally getting arrested :V

@LauraSikdar: ;v; That’s so sweet of you to say! And RenaB wanted to call them a cinnamon roll so I was morally obligated to add it in. And thank you so much for pointing out the errors, they’re all fixed now!

@Ace-And-Tired: LMAO Lacroix is a hot mess but a sweetheart in the end, some of their romance scenes were my absolute favorite to write.

@TropicRayder: Huh, hadn’t considered an eyepatch. There’s clothing and store systems, since tbh this is spy slice of life if I’m being honest, so I can totally add it in one of the stores if you’d like!

@Crow: You gotta choose, your loyalty to the Empire or Jackie. A tough choice, I know :V

7 Likes

I did mean to ask: the question about how much experience the MC has, is it just tied to work experience or cynicism or something? Because it seems like it might be setting the MC’s age, too. If it is, I was wondering what the range of ages we’re dealing with actually is. If it’s not a spoiler, that is.

5 Likes

Well now of course I have to ask the question.

If every character was a food, what food would they be?

also

feel free to elaborate : )

2 Likes

@Hazel: Experience is tied to age, and so is money. There are 3 options, and the ranges are 20s-30s, 40s-50s, and 60+. Though there are 2 options for the 20s-30s range that just kinda changes the dialogue a bit.

@Gwenstn: Fun fact, all the romance achievements are named after cafe drinks or bar drinks, but I’m not sure about food tho, let me think. 684 is obviously cinnamon rolls. 378 would have no preference for his fave food but I would say something simple like pasta. Lacroix is apple pie, and Orion would be sushi. Jace can’t eat cause they’re a Ceesixer but they’d be that hipster black ice cream.

And their romance scenes are just super sweet and cheesy and sappy and I am honestly excited to write them but I don’t want to spoil it for you guys!!

7 Likes

Thanks for taking on my eyepatch suggestion @Leem, can’t wait for this book

1 Like

I feel as tho the stats are incredibly underused before July 17 and never once saw a stat increase or decrease and I for one and extremely touchy about these sort of things sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ye, stats don’t do anything in the prologue. Like, at all. They’ll start being major as the story goes and you actually start your assignments.

4 Likes

O okay thanks for replying
And I suggest also adding in a money system si tips actually matter and things like turning in assiments and reports also earn some
The rewards could be things like presents for relationship bonus stat boost or improving the bar

2 Likes

Tips you earn do matter, and you earn money depending on how business is cause you really do run the place. You can give gifts to people for relationship boosts, but improving the bar is gonna cost you. And minor spoiler but you are gonna get like minimal financial assistance from the IIA. They just kinda go “¯_(ツ)_/¯
You’re on you’re own buddy.”

11 Likes

Ooo can we have a ending where we get to keep it

3 Likes

Also what are the planned improvements to the bar so far cause I have a few in mind that will also tie into stats

2 Likes

Atm stuff like generally fixing it up and hiring protection. I’m still a bit on the fence about how involved I want it to be, but feel free to suggest anything you want and I’ll see what I can do!

1 Like

Well well well [rubs hands villainously] what do we have here
An update! This pleases us, yes it does.

Ahem. So. It would seem that I am not, in fact, horrendously inept at writing reviews, and you know what that means - this is now officially a thing and I will use each and every opportunity to subject you to my stream of consciousness gush spread the love voice my opinion in a highly emotional way. Enjoy c;

The new update is–no surprises here–absolutely delightful. I had a blast–figuratively and literally, as my MC took a part and a great pleasure in the ensued chaos, while I was torn between imagining Stayin’ Alive or medieval-ish tavern brawl music as BGM. Very nice.

The fact that the bar is now in shambles got me thinking; can we expect even more customization in the near future? The place obviously needs a lot of fixing up, so we might as well do a makeover, right? Nothing cheers you up quite as much as spending Agency’s funds on some ridiculous decorations. Can you imagine T378 going through the expenses, seeing something like “Iron Cast Anchor for [obscene amount of money]” and being like the hELL?? A glorious sight indeed. I kinda feel the need to draw this in (very dramatic) black’n’white, but there wasn’t really a description of their looks, so– [shrugs]
UPD: oh well, I guess that’s not gonna happen, since IIA has zero ducks to give doesn’t help its agents much. Still a nice imagery, though. (yes, I like tormenting my superiors, sue me) (on the other thought, please don’t, all my money’s already going to restoration)

Damn, I’ve been rambling for ages and haven’t even gotten to the most important part yet!
So, Lacroix, amirite? I immensely enjoyed every single interaction and I feel like I relate to them on a spiritual level, although my life isn’t that much of a disaster (yet). Somehow they’re exactly the type I’m always looking for in datesims and I’m just- agh- I can’t hear my thoughts because of all the feels. Here’s to hoping they will help MC to smuggle his dog away from his home planet, which (the planet, not the dog, never the dog) he is going to betray in a heartbeat for this beautiful, beautiful mess.
Also damn you and your wonderful characters, I don’t know how I’m gonna finish playing this game with my heart intact.

Also also I’d like to thank you for the fact that we can choose MC’s height and it actually matters. As someone who’s Very Short Indeed I was overflowed with pride and joy when my MC looked (smugly) right into Tall Alien Bean’s eyes. Maybe he should get a tophat. Can we get a tophat? To negate the (unfair) advantage of their? his? horns.

Aaand I think that’s it for this review, I feel like it ran away from me in a few places already and you don’t deserve the cruel fate of being subjected to more of my ramblings.
This update was a job well done and I’m looking forward to the next one! Keep up the great work, I wish you all the inspiration and motivation in the world.

Some little mistakes I've noticed

Lacroix supposed to be a guy. Also, there are your and you’re mixed up somewhere on the third screenshot. I’m sorry I couldn’t highlight the exact words; apparently my phone decided it’s no longer pleased with its human overlord and is staging a machine uprising - it’s the only logical explanation as to why it keeps missing the words I’m trying to highlight by at least a freaking inch.

7 Likes

TVs(can break down and require extra money/tech skill to fix)(more money can get better channels),fishtanks (customizable fish/decor),more comfortable furniture,pool tables/arcade games(can generate x amount every day),vip+ section (can be used to gather more information and ro),and last but not least more ingredients/higher quality (new recipes could easily come from this,WAIT scratch that auto dispensers(optional for those we don’t wanna do the minigame).

2 Likes

Welp we’ll just see how the empire treats me and then ill make that decision then.

2 Likes

Hmm, the Dashingdon savegame widget doesn’t seem to be working for me, for some reason. Is it a Chrome thing? I should try Firefox, maybe. I seem to remember that CS games run better on it.

2 Likes