Reports from Philomena (58K words, Now with a Discord Server!) Updated: August 29, 2018

Can I just say I’m in love with your writing? You’re way too good at this, you beautiful human being you. I just- I can’t even- aargh [aggressive fangirl noises]

Evidently, I’m no good at writing reviews (or writing, period) but goddammit I’ll try anyway.

So, uh, first of all. The way you handled the exposition? Absolutely beautiful. I saw the familiar description from your post and thought welp, guess we’re starting with narration and then a few paragraphs in I was like wait, are we being debriefed? Such a simple thing and yet it fit so perfectly with the whole space spies shebang that I instantly knew I was gonna love it. Also, major props for making it informative and fun - I actually replayed this part a few times to annoy the hell out of T378 :"D

Which brings us to the next part - flavor choices. So. Many. Flavor. Choices. God bless you.
I have a nervous habit of checking stats after every choice I make because they seem to be influenced by the stupidest things, and I can’t express how relieved I was that for once I could just ease myself into this new world first and then make important decisions. So yeah, thanks a lot for that, my anxious self was very pleased.

I also feel like I should say something about customization. There are way too many options and I love it. I was never one to imagine my characters in so much detail (yep, you guessed it, blurry blobs all the way), but now that I can I appreciate it greatly.
I wonder, since we already have tattoos, will there be an option to have piercings as well? I feel like they have potential to be useful along with cybernetics, 'cause nanotechs are a thing too and who doesn’t want a teeny-tiny robot in their nipple, right? I know I’d want one. (that’s a weird thing to say, isn’t it? please ignore me)

Also, regarding code names. Dunno if you’re still taking suggestions, but how about some obscure Slavic deities, mm? Mokosh, the Corn Mother. I feel like having this alias would be the perfect excuse (more like the only one, really) to make corny jokes. (did I just make a terrible pun? yes. yes I did. I’ll see myself out now)

Oh, also, I have a very important question! Did T684 really promise us a cookie or was that just a figure of speech? Because I’m just the type to take things like that literally (food is no joking matter, y’know) and I’ll. be. waiting.

10 Likes

It’s almost 6 AM and I just finished writing this update and thank you so much!!! I don’t know what you mean by “no good at writing reviews” cause this is amazing and made my day!! It makes me so happy to know what people like, and this is the first comment someone made about the intro and it just makes me so happy ;v;

And about piercings, I’m considering them but they’re not confirmed yet, but nano piercings don’t really fit in the bit of lore I have for the world, sorry! But I’m always taking ideas for code names! They’re not in this update but should be out by the next! And I’ll excuse the pun this time lol. And about that cookie, it was mostly a figure of speech, but you know what, I’ll ass the option to remind them about it next time you have a proper chat.

14 Likes

Update! Update! Bug and typos fixes, edits to text, part of the first day on Philo is up! I broke this update into two parts cause the second part was bothering me a little bit, but hopefully that will be posted with in the week. Same with the deity code names, still working on 684’s dialogue for those :v:

As always, any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated! If you think an option is missing or something is off please don’t hesitate to tell me!

20 Likes

haven’t started reading the update yet but already excited (cover me im going full screen!)

1 Like

I’m enjoying the update and enjoying Lacroix, too. Their pronouns are a bit messed up in some places, mostly in the conversation with the two aliens near the end. I’ll give more exact lines and such when I replay. But I’m having fun with this “disaster Han Solo” character and I foresee great times ahead. Science fiction humor is an underrated genre.

Also took the opportunity to use this update to give my character a cat named Professor.

I am looking forward to finding out how the different skills figure in, but I guess that will probably take some more time.

7 Likes

@crow: I hope you enjoy it when you get around to it!!!

@Hazel: Oh no D: I thought I squashed all the pronoun bugs but I guess I missed a few, but I was also writing at 4 AM on no sleep, so I’m not surprised :V

And I’m glad you like my trash fire pirate! People seem to really like them, and I hope you guys do too! Plus they’re an RO so yay!

And yeah stats aren’t that major at the beginning of the game, a few instances here and there but they’ll start getting important after the bar is fixed up and you’re settled in Philo.

6 Likes

I really enjoyed the demo, and I’m really looking forward to where this is going. The writing is great, and yeah I noticed the pronoun mix ups towards the end when the conversation in the bar is going on, but I really enjoy it so far. I really like Lacroix since that whole scene made me laugh, I like their companions just as much. Also, I really liked the cleverness with 684, and them as a character seem really interesting, and a good contrast with 378.

So really this is a post of me gushing about how excited I am for this project.

6 Likes

!!! I’m glad you like the writing!!! And lmao Lacroix and their crew are some of my fave characters to write, mostly because they’re all disasters.I’ll fix the pronouns soon, and I’m glad you’re excited for this book!!

7 Likes

Added a short RO list, including two RO’s I’ll introduce in the second part of the update!

7 Likes

You did it leem, congrats! Also I love the update, it’s fantastic.

1 Like

Merci beaucoup, Gwen!!! Glad you love it!!!

Just played the latest update. Was a lot of fun just hiding below a bar as I get shot at! Also a fan of a certain pirate! Sadly they are the target for the mission… Looking forward to meeting the next ROs and the next update! Gotta continue pretending to be a useless bartender!

2 Likes

Glad you like the trash fire pirate!! At the rate I’m going next update should be here soon!

4 Likes

Alright! Went back and quickly fixed all the pronoun mistakes I found, so hopefully I didn’t miss any!

7 Likes

:revolving_hearts::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::revolving_hearts:

I don’t have much to say other than I love it! Off to a rollicking start! (How are we going to clean up our bar now though…)

One error I noticed

Los Angeles croix!

By the way, if Agent 684 is a cinnamon bun, is Lacroix a croissant? :thinking:

5 Likes

Glad you love it!!! :smile: And I fixed that little bug :V And Lacroix would be sinnamon roll. JK they’d be a croissant, the only French thing they know prolly.

4 Likes

Buttery, flakey, and loaded with carbs. Just like Lacroix. :croissant:

2 Likes

I’m getting that they’re the guilty pleasure love interest.

2 Likes

Really liked the update!! >_< Honestly I look forward to every update you put out lol

Comment

A chance to compliment T684? Why thank you, yes, I’ll take it :grin:

Typos/Errors

I chose for Lacroix to be male this time around, so this is a pronoun error :grimacing: There are several similar errors following that, sorry ;; I hope you get those pesky bugs again!

(By the way, Lacroix is hilarious and their friends seem fun too! I can’t believe they did the classic hit-themselves-with-their-own-weapon move :joy:)

*rubs

*Who’s

3 Likes

Me: I can’t believe my MC is gonna fall in love with that idiot (Lacroix)
MC: I don’t have to…?
Me: No, you’re gonna

15 Likes