Reports from Philomena (58K words, Now with a Discord Server!) Updated: August 29, 2018

oh no
I’m already undecided as it is when it comes to romance in this game and now… a rivalmance?! I love you but I’ll also probably never sleep again trying to decide who to do for the first playthrough

3 Likes

@Leem important question: I hear T378 drinks tea with lemon. Mint or no mint?

1 Like

@Jeeshadow1: Yeah, you definitely can play that way! It’s a stellar combo imo so I gotta include it.

@awkward_viking: MY PLAN HAS SUCCEEDED MUAHAHAHAHA I mean, oh noes D: I hope you decide on an RO!!

@Hazel: He likes it both ways, all tea is good tea after all.

6 Likes

I’m late but my MC is gonna suffer so much poor boy’s 5’1 holwifgsjj

3 Likes

OMG tiny!!! Tiniest MC we have so far omg, the shortest character I have is 5’4.

2 Likes

Well isn’t this piece of a game astounding. I almost had nothing to nitpick! Thankfully, dodged that bullet. So, without further ado then:

Le Spoilers

Otherwise, great job so far. Will keep my eye on updates :wink:

2 Likes

aw%20shucks

Merci! Glad you liked this short demo :D!! I’ll do my best to keep the updates good o7 !!!

5 Likes

I really enjoyed the demo. It seems very interesting and am looking forward to Future updates. Keep up the good writing

1 Like

Thank you!!! I’m glad you liked my writing and the demo so far :D!!! I’m working on a bigger update that I’ll hopefully be able to post soon!!

3 Likes

Good luck! EDIT: What happened to the 20 character thing? (Good luck with an exclamation mark and space still doesn’t equal 20 characters or more).

2 Likes

Hey, no kidding about the 20 character limit thing, what happened with that? I don’t think any of us writers here need it for its intended purpose but it’s kind of a charming quirk of the forum. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi! Not dead! And the WiP isn’t abandoned! I’m just a very, very slow writer! Plus a I’m planing a few new customization options (career MC had before joining the IIA, cybernetics, etc), and I’m fixing some things in the prologue (stats, sentences, relationship points, etc) and trying to decide how customizable certain parts of the story should be (how much say should you get in how your apartment and the Rabbit Hole look like, etc) so that is… taking a min. Merci for your understanding and patience!! o7

30 Likes

I can and will wait forever for this wonderful game to meet all them Good Good characters.
TAKE YOUR TIME, FRIEND. YOU DO YOU. ALLA THAT EXTRA FLAVOR SOUNDS REAL NICE CONTENT.

4 Likes

Hate to double-post but found myself idly sketching the good 'ol MC and real curious now as to what say, the two handlers look like?:00 That is if it ain’t already been elaborated somewhere in the thread…

'Til then just… screenshotting every snippet possibly informing looks of characters… (Wanna properly sketch instead of doodle sometime, gah, love 'em!)

(Hidin' so as not to spam or take up space w/ what is basically just a rough rough OC suppose)

17 Likes

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DOES THE EXCITEMENT COME ACROSS IN EXCLAMATION MARKS??? I LOVE IT!!! YOUR ART STYLE IS SUPER COOL AND AUGUST LOOKS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! AND I LOVE THE JACKET SHE HAS WITH THE ZIPPERS!!!

And I didn’t give any descriptions of the handlers, they weren’t too important in original planning, but ofc that changed. Their descriptions are already written for my next update, but here you go until I actually get around to updating!!!

T684

Dark golden-brown skin, curly dark hair they keep in a faux-hawk and light brown eyes. They have dimples that show when they smile, which is most of the time. They don’t wear any accessories other than their black typewriter glasses. Their work clothes are pretty plain, dark blue business casual suits and black ties, the IIA doesn’t approve of all the bright colors they’d prefer to wear.

T378

Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, clean shaven and perpetual frown on his face. He keeps his hair in a neat side part, but by the time he leaves work, it’s a mess from how often he runs his hands through it and pulls at it was probably getting irritated by rookie field agents. No other accessories other than the visor. It’s reflective in typical sci-fi manner, and is ike 50% there for aesthetic, the other 50% is to lessen eye strain from looking at screens all day.

Hope that helps!!

11 Likes

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT DOES HELP…! FRIEND YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I WISH I HAD MY TABLET W/ ME RIGHT NOW TO TRY OUT THEM CUTES!!!

Aaahh…goals. Must add to to-do…

5 Likes

I’m so happy you like my handler dorks and think they’re cute :D!!!

5 Likes

this is definitely one of my favorite wips atm, but I was wondering if you’ve ever thought abt creating a blog on tumblr for it? Bc I’m pretty sure I and others would love to know more abt the different characters and world, or see a bit of inspiration you had for the book! :relaxed:

4 Likes

Ummm, adorable. I love them.

4 Likes

I actually am planning on making it eventually :O!! I even have an url, theme and a few posts about the characters ready lmao. I’m just trying to figure out if I should make it public now or wait until I have a few more updates out and the game gets a little bit more popular.

So would more of you guys be interested in a blog this early in development???

8 Likes