Reports from Philomena (58K words, Now with a Discord Server!) Updated: August 29, 2018

@jenslow: You’re amazing at writing reviews and long reviews like these are some of my absolute faves to read ;v; And trust me, T378 is gonna judge everything you do no matter what. You can totally spend your own money on an iron cast anchor for [obscene amount of money] and he’ll call just to judge. And as for their descriptions, they weren’t supposed to be major characters at first so I haven’t added their descriptions yet, Imma go do that. But if anyone wants a description before that update, feel free to ask! Also half my goal in this game is to see how well I can write characters and make people get emotionally attached to them, so if you end this game with your heart intact I will have failed. And thanks a bunch for pointing out the typos, they’er fixed now!

@Blank: Oh! These are all really good ideas! A pool table, T.V., better furniture and expensive wines are on the to-do list, but I’m still on the fence about how involved the system is gonna be. But I will keep your ideas in mind when I decide!! :smile: But the minigame is kinda important, the way I intend to use it. When that part is done, I’d love to hear what you guys think of it and if I should remove it or change it.

@Hazel: Odd, the widget is working fine for me? And yeah, FireFox works better for testing imo.

6 Likes

Aww thanks, I’ve just gained +1 to self-confidence.
T378 is like a very judgemental grandma, who calls you every time you post something ‘inappropriate’ on Facebook. Gotta love them.
Ah, well, I actually like the fact that the first scene isn’t description-heavy; it makes processing all the important information that much easier. Although I would like to know more about side characters cause I’m obsessed
Oh so that’s how it is! You evil, evil person. Well then every time my heart breaks a little I’m gonna send you pictures of sad puppies. Hmph. (well no, not really. I’m not going to discourage you from making your characters three-dimensional and oh-so-likeable. after all, if a game’s not making you drown in your tears feels, it’s probably not worth your time) (no I do not get overly attached to fictional characters, where did you get that idea from, haha. ha. haa…)

4 Likes

I have no idea what you mean, I’m perfectly nice :innocent:

5 Likes

Yeaa right

On the topic of bar improvements, can we hire people? I feel like a bouncer might be a nice investment, seeing as we already attracted some rowdy patrons without actually being open. Also live music is a thing, right? I’ve never been to a ‘proper’ bar tbh so I have no idea, but it has to be, it would definitely add to the ambiance and whatnot. and then it’ll turn out that the musicians are actually con artists of some kind and we’ll have another disaster on our hands

7 Likes

Tbh the more customization the better

2 Likes

@jenslow: You can hire bouncers and bodyguards! One of them is even an RO lmao. And no live music in the Rabbit Hole sadly, not enough space :smile: Also there is a con artist RO. There are… too many characters in this game.

@TropicRayder: Can I just show you the code for the tattoos and hair? Can I show you why I call it the “hell code”?

8 Likes

Do I dare??? Sure why not…

2 Likes

I’d love to try but:

EDIT: Here ya go :^)

EDIT AGAIN: It ate my indents so there I fixed it :V

6 Likes

Damn, there goes my sensual sax BGM :smile:
There is no such thing as too many characters, I’ll play this game as many times as it takes to get all the husbands to know everyone. You have my word.

Oh dear, I can’t see the code but I can imagine what a huge pain it is to program all the variables. You know, from all the games I’ve played yours is by far the most customizable (is that even a word) and you’re obviously putting a lot into it and I have no words to voice my appreciation. You’re amazing, truly.
I’m already working on a t-shirt design for your fanclub :"D

3 Likes

There are currently, idk, 12? 13? ROs? Not including the characters who you can just be friends with. And I keep switching the roster and changing stuff.

And OMG, I really appreciate that ;v; but I am but a humble nerd with too much free time on her hands.

9 Likes

That’s all the more reason for the support!

2 Likes

Me opening…“This ain’t so bad”

Me after after waiting 10 minutes for code to load…“JESUS ******* CHRIST”

5 Likes

Now you know why updates take a solid minute :^)

4 Likes

Fuck I’ve been waiting for this :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face: (scuse the language, just sooo happy!

1 Like

Wow! I didn’t realize that you needed to replicate the second choice for each of the options of the first choice. That seems really difficult, especially whenever edits need to be made to the second menu. The tattoo system is really complex.

3 Likes

@Chopper: Hope the wait was worth it!!!

@Hazel: Oh yeah, and then I had to make the same set of choices for temporary tattoos. And lmao, the hair system is the same way but like 500 lines iirc. I decided that wasn’t challenging enough and made the tattoo system orz

1 Like

I’m in trouble cause I already like Lacroix and I can’t arrest them. :persevere:

3 Likes

lmao everytime someone tells me they like Lacroix I’m internally going:
Good luck with that, friend :+1:

14 Likes

I just played through this and is Lacroix gender-fluid because if so that would be awesome

2 Likes

You can totally headcanon them as such if you want!! I leave certain details about my characters vague for that exact purpose :smile: pretty much all my characters are genderfluid in my head

3 Likes