Reports from Philomena (58K words, Now with a Discord Server!) Updated: August 29, 2018

I picked Buddha on one because it tickled me to imagine Buddha secretly living life as an agent undercover as a bartender.

Though, if I may suggest, maybe some Asian or South American might be cool. Deities not Greek, Egyptian, or Norse tend to not get much play if I’m honest.

4 Likes

Very true! Which is why I’m asking, since I only know about Greek gods and a handful of Egyptian ones. Can’t really add all the deities, as much as I’d like to go overboard with this game.

4 Likes

Ah, I see! Sorry, it’s a bit late here. :sweat_smile:

Well, other people could probably come up with better suggestions because the only ones I can think of, other than Buddha, are Sun Wukong (who is not a deity despite being uber strong and immortal) and Tolkien gods!

3 Likes

but will there be a unique response for having Leem as my code name? :thinking:

4 Likes

Yes, the response is gonna be “Hey, Gwen, w h y.” :V

6 Likes

I could see a few Norse deities as bartenders.

1 Like

Freyr sounds like the chillest of guys, and he’d make a great bartender along with Baldr. Thor might get angry and kill the customers though.

4 Likes

I was thinking of a different one, but the first two you mentioned would be good too.

1 Like

Personally, I’m kind of sad Dionysus wasn’t an option and didn’t have a line. Being the literal god of wine, it feels like he’d be a fitting alias for an undercover bartender :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

This is ages late, but you are right and I was a fool for not including that by default :V

5 Likes

So I went back to double check my word count and I apprently have 47.3K words instead of the 46K I thought I had. This is why I’m gonna major in English and not math :Y

14 Likes

I hope the tattoos and eye color come into play if there’s a romance scene down the line.

3 Likes

Does the 47.3k include coding? That would skew the game word count if you were only counting those.

2 Likes

They 100% do. Literally, the only reason I made wrist tattoos separate from hands was so I can include a certain romance scene, have an exchange I had with @anon86661845 when I was deciding if I should add them or not:

8 Likes

And yes, like I said on the first post it includes code. There is… a lot of variation in this game.

2 Likes

That’s funny, because my character got a wrist and collarbone tattoo…

Actually, the reason I thought about it is because they had their tattoos covered and were wearing contacts for disguise reasons. And one of the big things in a spy romance is revealing things about your alias/true identity. I feel like that could make a very dramatic romance moment.

3 Likes

cries (and nonsensical gibberish to fill up the letter requirement) Thank you

Edit: turns out I don’t need the gibberish after all IM SCREAMING ABOUT THE WRIST TATTOO KISS THING OH MY GOSH I customized my MC to have a temp neck tattoo, please please please cute neck kisses? ticklish neck kisses? RO hiding/nuzzling their face in the MC’s neck-shoulder juncture out of embarrassment and/or affection? I’m dying I might just add a wrist tattoo for that scene

6 Likes

:ok_hand::ok_hand::eyes: All A++ suggestions and I’ll see where I can fit em in as I am a sucker for cheesy shows of affection.

9 Likes

[insert unholy writer screeching here] I’m so close to being done with the first part of chapter 1. So close. Just gotta finish up this last bit of writing and implement stats.:+1::+1::+1:

24 Likes

I support you! We’re all cheering for you!

6 Likes