Hey, hello, hi!
So I’ve been working on this book for a solid minute now and decided it’s high time I post about it. It’s a light-hearted sci-fi and much different from the dark fantasy I usually write, but I adore the plot and characters too much to let it go. Here’s the link to the demo if you’re interested in checking it out! I have 55K words including code so far, and a playthrough is around 10K words. I write and update frequently, so that number is gonna get a lot bigger soon.
Plot of this book:
You’re a bartender on the planet Philomena’s major city, brilliantly named Philomena City. You run the Rabbit Hole, a fairly small bar near the city’s port, making it a frequented place for weary travelers fresh off shuttles.
Oh, and also for smugglers.
And the many, many, many other criminals who use Philomena as a base of operations.
Philomena is far outside the reach of the Empire or any organized government and has become a haven for the lawless. But word on the street is the Empire is trying to get the planet under its control.
And that’s where you come in.
You’re field agent A702, working for The Imperial Intelligence Agency and sent on a long-term undercover mission to Philomena. You’re stationed as a bartender and have been tasked with compiling reports on the state of the planet and on its many criminal inhabitants, many of whom frequent your bar. The most worrisome of these criminals right now is a smuggler named Jay Lacroix, who just so happens to adore getting drunk at the Rabbit Hole. So now you just have to figure out how to avoid all the trouble your patrons predictably bring with them while avoiding suspicion as you write your reports and carry on with your assignment…
RO's and main characters:
RO’s are marked with ❥, cause I know what y’all want :V
- ❥ T684: One of your two handler agents on the assignment. Cinnamon roll and mocha enthusiast. Much smarter than they appear at first. Enjoys speaking circles around others in Arabic, has a soft spot for all small fluffy things, and will probably enable all of A702’s bad decisions.
- ❥ T378: Your other handler. A sarcastic grump on the outside, but deep down he’s a great guy, and then deeper down he’s a bigger sarcastic grump. Not here for anyone’s bullshit. Likes classical music, Turkish coffee, and honey lemon tea.
- ❥ Jax/Jack/Jackie Lacroix: Human mess and trash fire pirate, here to charm you with nerdiness. Loves Old Earth history and antiques, especially the Golden Age of Piracy if it wasn’t obvious from that damn coat and flintlock pistol of theirs. Has a sweet tooth (will kill a man for some Turkish delights) and likes sweet cocktail drinks.
- ❥ Orion: Lacroix’s second-in-command, a seven-foot tall softie and the only thing keeping Lacroix and the rest of the crew from causing too much damage, to themselves or others. No particular hobbies, but is starting to grow fond of the old movies Lacroix makes him watch with them. Loves sushi and likes his drinks on fire.
- Jace: Another member of Lacroix’s crew. Demolition expert who walks around with enough fire power to level a city. A firm believer that enough explosives can solve any problem. Ceesixers can’t eat or drink, so they don’t have any favorite foods, but they do like weaponry of all kinds. The bigger it is and more damage it causes, the better.
- ❥ Bijou: ???
- ❥ Vivian/Vincent Valentine: ???
- Choice! Lots of it! Too much of it actually, but who cares!
- Character customization. So far I’ve included eye color, hair color and style, tattoos, misc stuff like glasses and freckles and the option to change all of those for a disguise. I also included prosthetics and I intend on adding cybernetic options in a later update.
- I have at least 5 planned ROs for this, and I keep. Adding. More. So hey! Something for everyone!
- Drinks system! A minigame of sorts where you mix drinks for customers. The house drinks system will let you make your own drink and add it to the menu.
- More to be added cause this book is ambitious and I am filled with foolish human ambition.
- April 30, 2018: Original demo posted, woo! (27K words)
- May 10, 2018: Updated! Added red hair, and a the option to visit the cafe. (33.5K words)
- May 27, 2018: Updated! Bug fixes with the tattoo options and the scene before leaving for the shuttle station. (33.5K words)
- May 28, 2018: Updated! More bug fixes and the drink system posted! (36K words)
- May 29, 2018: Updated! More bug fixes and posted the house drink making system! (36K words)
- June 7, 2018: Updated! More bug fixes and finished the prologue! (47.3K words)
- July 17, 2018: Updated! Bug fixes, slight tweaks and edits, part one of the first day in Philomena. (55K words)
That’s all I have to say right now, and I’d love to hear what you guys think of this! Any suggestions, improvements, any options you think I should add, and anything you have to say I’d love to hear. Thank you for taking the time to read this!