Replica: between universes (WIP, intro ch9, ch2 edit 12/07/22)

Yup thanks it helped :smiley:

Sure :ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Do the choices we make change the universe weā€™re from? Because I noticed that the universe number kept changing everytime I checked stats.

@GenecoInheritor nope :smiley: I am a sucker for romance myself, but family is something dear to me, too. I couldnā€™t resist and wanted to make different pathā€™s for them both so you donā€™t HAVE to romance someone just to keep it interesting.

@No_This_Is_Patrick I updated it and the customization includes blue eyes now :smiley: I am personally very bad at those customization sequences, so please tell me if you miss anything else :slight_smile:
Also, Iā€™m still kinda fightning with the save system. Still trying to figure it out, heheā€¦ nervous smile

@smuteczekbiczo took the words right out of my mouth, hehe. Though, tiny side note here: I kinda forgot that Haā€™s starting points werenā€™t on 50 but 20, so that was my bad there. I need to decrease that number sometimeā€¦ in my defence, Iā€™m still learning, hehe

@Saetero Something like that! Every choice you make, you create a new ā€œbranchā€ of parallel universes and thatā€™s kinda the number showed on the stats screen. So there is actually another parallel universe out there, having a blue-eyed MC instead of green. And youā€™ll notice this later when traveling though other parallel universes! Because, well, this game IS about parallel universes and I couldnā€™t resist, heh :smiley:

1 Like

Well as long as thereā€™s a decent romance on the other paths no need for the westermarck effect.

@GenecoInheritor Heh, Iā€™ll try to avoid that. And Iā€™m honestly sure it wonā€™t come to that.

I found a bugā€¦?

At first play I can choose this but on the second play it seems it wonā€™t let me choose it.

1 Like

First of all, Iā€™m a sucker for the movies touching on parallel universes and such (ie. one of my favs, Coherence), so definitely canā€™t wait where you take this story :wink:

So far so good, LOVE THE COVER PICTURE! and the beginning did a good job hooking me in. Wished for a glimpse of that Taylor character, but itā€™s alright if theyā€™re absent for the first part

And now that we got my opinion outta the way, letā€™s start sinning :wink:

Aach! The Spoilers!!

Zrzut%20ekranu%20(13142)

Also, as Hani_Fina pointed out, checking up on Han (for me, always) breaks the game

2 Likes

@Hani_Fina It should be fixed now :smiley: I was a bit confused, because I didnā€™t get the error myself but I tried to code HAā€™s sequence a bit differently now and It should work. Hopefully.

@KJM ohgod Thank you so much :smiley: And that cover picture; I literally made it very randomly on my phone when creating this topic because I wanted to add at least one picture to it :'D
And thank you soooo much. I corrected and edited everything you wrote there, It should be a tiny tiny bit more readable now :slight_smile: Thank you for sinning for me :grimacing:

Also, I donā€™t have a lot of things planned for Taylor, tbh. But youā€™ll meet them again when traveling through those parallel universes, just like alternate versions of yourself :smiley:

3 Likes

I donā€™t know what youā€™re saying but ok! Best WIP by the way :+1::+1::+1::+1::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

@Hani_Fina Just me rambling on about the solution of the bug :ā€™) and thatā€™s nice of you to say, thank you :smiley:

3 Likes

Not an update (God I would be on fire If I already had an update by now) but a poll!

I noticed how many CoG writers have a Tumblr account these days, and debated if I should make one, too. For questions, asks, random stuff, advises, critics and blah blah blah. But my level of self-confidence is far too low so Iā€™m creating a poll for it. Is it too early? Is it even worth it for a story like this? Is it even worth it in general? Only one way to find out.

• Yes, just do it!
  • ā€¦naaah, not yet.

0 voters

*hides under a blanket * Soooooā€¦ anyone? It literally took me a solid 10 minutes to click on the reply button. This entire topic is therapy for me and my crippling self-confidence.

4 Likes

Hello @FireFly
How are ya? i just played the demo and i gotta say itā€™s great. Really cool and unique idea. So you can add me to your growing fan base. I just have a tiny sugestion and feel free to ignore me,but when itā€™s time to decide if you wanna go universe travelling i think there could be another choice where the MC decides to go with them cause she/he is afraid their sister/dumb friend will go anyway and get themselves killed but isnā€™t happy about it. Also iā€™d like an option of being mad to that so called friend for forcing a decision from us. But itā€™s totally okay if you donā€™t want to add those things. Overall looks very promising.

Anyway iā€™m gonna stop my rant here. Have a nice week!

2 Likes

@Red thank you so much, I really appreciate it :smiley: and thank you for the suggestion! An option like that would be alright to add, and it makes more sense too, I guess. Though, Iā€™ll need to watch out not to make too many options where you agree to go rather than disagree. But Iā€™ll think about it :slight_smile: thank you !!

Youā€™ll get a lot of chances on different occasions, later in the upcoming chapters to be mad at H for being likeā€¦ H in general. Theyā€™re kinda manipulative :ā€™)

a small update (me is sorry)

I decided to update the game with the ā€œsmallā€ intro of the third chapter, despite me planning on updating it when the entire chapter was done. But I wanted to add my sad little tumblr link to it, too. Because one vote was even enough and I was already behind my laptop, busy creating a side account.

so here is my OFFICIAL SAD LITTLE TUMBLR LINK YAY

so yeahā€¦ Iā€™ll try to get the chapter done before updating it again. I hope yā€™all like it! I really do! And if you donā€™t, tell me about it! Very very please! :smiley: goes back and hides under my blanket of anxiety

Edit: also: after an entire month filled with strugglingā€¦ I finally figured the saving system out. Hooray to me

6 Likes

So Did I you finish that scene with haze? dramticly unfurls coat ā€œbecause I refuse to continue the story until I have a bonding scene with her!ā€

In reality though, nicely done on the game canā€™t wait for the next chapter.

2 Likes

@Exeldgamer Errā€¦ * jumps behind a brick wall * what bonding scene? I dont see any bonding scene?

Thank you :'D

2 Likes

How do you get 60% relationship with hazel?

Not easily.

I decreased that a great bit just now because this one was a small mistake of mine. 60% is when you become ā€œbest friendsā€ with H, but you were supposed to be able to talk to them when you were just good friends with them, too. And thatā€™s when you have between 40-60% with H.

Long story short; youā€™ll need 45% if you want to talk to them now, instead of 60%. I donā€™t want to make things too impossible, heh.