Replica: between universes (WIP, intro ch9, ch2 edit 12/07/22)

So why are all the romances slow burns?

Summary

Nobody breaks into my apartment and terrorizes my sister. Attack them with my weapon!! (WIP)

thatā€™s just evilā€¦ :sob:

4 Likes

@No_This_Is_Patrick The ROā€™s arenā€™t related to your alternate selves in any way, and two of the four possible ROā€™s are the two intruders, and the third one is your roommate.

@Exeldgamer Hehe, it will be. But itā€™s just an idea though, an idea Iā€™m willing to write. But meeting your alternate self: it wonā€™t be a very big sequence and not the most importand part of the story. But who knows, Iā€™m getting new ideas every time I go through the story myself.

@E_RedMark :smirk:

1 Like

Well weā€™ve known the roommate the longest and it looks like they may already have a thing for us though. And the intruders, MCs might be able to forgive them and move past it if they had a good enough reason.

In you small update I lock them in bathroom an call the cops that what will do if hurt my
sister :sunglasses:

@No_This_Is_Patrick That thingy with the roommate having a crush on the MC, I actually planned those parts out, and I found myself focussing a bit too much on their romance pathā€¦ for some reason. But believe me, they are alll slow burns. Even theirs.
@Takashi_Shin I kinda expected people to choose either the option where you lock them up or just go full- attack modus :ā€™)

1 Like

How slow like nothing happens until the end or the next book slow.

@No_This_Is_Patrick Kinda depends. If this story turns out to be a series of 3 instead of one single book, Iā€™m trying to figure that little detail out myself, heh. But if I decide to split the story in 3, I want to make something ā€œhappenā€ by the end of this book or around the start of the second.

Another update!

It was nearing the end of the chapter (sort of) but I didnā€™t get to finish it. Iā€™ll be gone by tomorrow because school is starting and Iā€™ll leave home for a few months. So I wonā€™t be able to write all the time and update it frequently, so thatā€™s why Iā€™m updating it like this for now. I was planning in completing the last scenes today, at least, but it didnā€™t work out. Soooā€¦ Hereā€™s another update!!

This update includes:

• The entire bathroom scene + the missing scene.

• A (somewhat) complete fight-scene in the living room.

• A (somewhat) complete introduction to the world, and the chance to talk to the intruders and get a proper introduction to their characters.

• A few changes and small edits throughout chapter 1

• And Iā€™m sorry, the MC still wonā€™t be able to bond with Hanual/Hazel in the kitchen.

• Chapter 2 has a total amount of 16k words (at the moment)

The next update will include (for now):

• An introduction to the parallel universes and the ā€œREPLICAā€ itself.
  • An introduction to the last RO.

Soā€¦ well- err, I hope yā€™all like itā€¦! I really love to hear your opinions, too, because I am overly nervous about this entire thing.

10 Likes

Huzza more content!!!

1 Like
Summary

got this after choosing to talk with my sister and selecting the ā€œyou remember them strapping you against a chair right?ā€

1 Like

@flocktrops Thank you, It should be fixed now :smiley:

1 Like

Another updateā€¦ if someone is interested!

I wrote it while working. Really. And I donā€™t regret anything.

Anyhow, hereā€™s another update. I finally finished chapter 2, but work got in the way and I actually didnā€™t get to write the few things I wrote about in the last update-post. For now, the entirety of chapter 1 and 2, complete and ready. (Though, I am still far too lazy to write the infamous bonding-with-ha-in-the-kitchen scene but oh well.

this update includes:

• chapter 2, completed with around 21k words (total amount)
  • being able to talk with everyone
  • actually traveling to your first parallel universe
  • a ā€œtinyā€ extra scene where youā€™ll be stuck in some kind of loop-hell because I thought it was fun and I hope for dear Lord that some people will get to read that little sequence.

The next update will include (for now, and for sure):

• An introduction to the parallel universes in general and the ā€œREPLICAā€ itself.
  • An introduction to the last RO.
  • Meeting a few alternate versions of your MC (personality traits differ on your MCā€™s personality)
  • A new function called ā€œnotepadā€ where youā€™ll be able to gather various notes on people and events depending on your choice. Though, Iā€™m still debating If I should add this or not.
  • And Iā€™m going to try and finish chapter 3 completely before updating it again. No more half-way updates for me.

I really hope yā€™all like it. I love to hear your opinions, too. Or things you notice, either bad or good things. I am still trying to learn!

12 Likes

Damn it. Why donā€™t you just tell me to not press the big glowing red button? Now no matter how interesting you might make the romances Iā€™ll want to avoid them.

1 Like

@GenecoInheritor
You can avoid them if you like to :slight_smile: I actually forgot to edit that part out and add it in the update post, because I have some more ideas for both the romance-path and platonic-path. I even planned a path where you are only after your little sister, if you like to focus on family instead.

I included my first l romance-related choice in the last scene here, and you can choose to either stay alone or go to your little sister instead :smiley:

:grimacing: Must. Not. Make. Jokeā€¦

1 Like

I have my canon ending, stuck in a loop because Iā€™m always gonna say no.

Also thereā€™s no blue eyes option.

1 Like

@No_This_Is_Patrick Whoops, sorry, Iā€™ll try to add that one later today!

1 Like

I canā€™t seem to get 60 relationship with H only 58.

Also are you going to add a save system?

I assume you have 58% already at the part where you can talk with everyone? Go to the first dude (blue eyed? Not the jerk one xD) and when you have last dialogue where thereā€™s that that text about the ā€œKid looking like Hā€ at the end, choose that it concerns you. Itā€™ll icrease your relationship with H to 63%.

1 Like