Replica: between universes (WIP, intro ch9, ch2 edit 12/07/22)

@oort thank you so much for reading :smiley:

I canā€™t seem to not get scratched upā€¦ my MC must be as clumsy as i am ;p

1 Like

@Jender Youll be able to travel without hurting yourself if you get your knowledge up to 20 by then! Someone else asked a similar question about it before, because you get the achievement ā€œlike a proā€ if you are able to jump through the mirror without getting yourself wounded:

(Im on my phone so heres a link)
Guess your MC is just reallyā€¦ accurate? :'D

2 Likes

Hahaha pretty much! Thanks for the tip!!!

1 Like

I really loved the story!! Itā€™s awesome!! I have like no idea how to write romance and I really liked how you wrote your ROs. Theyā€™re pretty cool. Iā€™m a little confused, I got the achievement for meeting Grayson just before the last chapter ends. Is that normal? Looking forward to another update! (And, you know, hopefully not ending the universe in the process :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

Insanities funā€¦ to me anywayā€¦

2 Likes

@AdmirableAnimation oh whoops- no, those were supposed to appear at a different point. I placed those achievements there as a small note for myself but I apparently forgot them there.
And thank you so much :smiley: and yeah- maybe itā€™s a smart idea to try and not end the universe :ā€™)

Also, I have literally no idea what iā€™m doing when writing the RO scenes. So thank you so much for liking it :'D

@tophat believe me: writing those insanity-forced scenes were fun. But the consequences are not so fun :ā€™) thank you for reading :smiley:

3 Likes

Eh, if it means people will hate me, and I get to yell at lily for making me come on that journey and blame her for everything that happens, Iā€™m all for the consequences.

3 Likes

Iā€™m having trouble with the ā€œlike a proā€ achievement (like many others) and the closest I come to the 20% int minimum is 19%.

1 Like

Hey! Me again! :heart: Are you interested in spelling corrections here or are you waiting for beta? There are just a few words that are misspelled repeatedly in your otherwise badass story! Lemme know if this is the proper spot to report that!

1 Like

@Jender I dunno how the entire beta thingy works, so Iā€™m kinda just writing and seeing how things go :'D but people do post a list of things I can fix on here, and those are all really helpful. So yeah, I guess this is a somewhat proper spot to post itā€¦? Thank you :smiley:

@Bahamuht Iā€™ll look into it- maybe make it a bit easier to reach the 20. The achievement is really nothing big though- and nothing bad happens if you donā€™t get it! I was mostly playing around with the things I could do. Thank you!

1 Like

Cool! There are several moments when you say someone ā€œcoked their headā€ i think you mean COCKED. Same with the times you said that someone had ā€œdo eyesā€ i think you meant DOE. I will snap pics of it on my next playthrough and post em here :heart:

1 Like

Honestly this is SO GOOD i was enraptured the entire time. This is seriously an amazing story with incredible characters!! At times things felt a little weird, its hard to tell if the tone of the story is supposed to be really dark or light hearted at some points. However, i think overall its evened out and i enjoy the banter between the team. I also love the parts from other characters points of view, it added a lot of dimension to the scenes. I could sit here and gush all day but ill spare everyone the headache haha. Iā€™m like seriously in love with Asher & i really really look forward to getting to know more about him.

(Omg im so excited i keep misspelling everything dont look at me)

1 Like

Aww, I just noticed some of the Flynn scenes are the beginning were taken out.

1 Like

@Alyssa_Nelson thank you so much :smiley: Iā€™m trying to keep a balance between the two elements- because the story will get darker and more grim in the near future, so those light hearted jokes are in there to keep up the balance so it doesnā€™t end up becoming too dark, sad and depressing :ā€™) Iā€™m a sucker for heavy angst- 'm sorry.

And gush all you want- I enjoy reading peoples thoughts so I dont mind, hehe.

Thank you so much for reading!!

@TrashyLollipops really? I donā€™t remember taking out their scenes. Though, I remember moving their introduction in chapter 2 to another point- so the option to go and talk to F in chapter 2 is not available anymore, but gets triggered automatically later on.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that was probably what I was thinking about.

Soā€¦ Iā€™m close to updating the link with the new chapter- though I wanted to ask yā€™all something. The chapter has around 25k words for one playthrough, and thatā€™sā€¦ a lot, if you compare it to the previous chapters and Iā€™m in a small dilemma. So I was thinking about splitting it into two separate parts. Either chapter 5 and 6 or 5 1/2 and 5 2/2. Either way- I made a poll for it to hopefully figure this out!

If you guys are alright with splitting this monstrous chapter into two, I will probably end up releasing the first part today and the second part somewhere around this week.

Anyway- time for the poll!! One gigantic chapter by the end of this week or two smaller ones- probably updating the link by the end of this day?

• Gimme the full 25k chapter
  • Split the chapter into two parts

0 voters

8 Likes

My incoherent excited screeching for a new chapter (and more Ash) aside, maybe braking it into 2 parts will make it easier to edit as well -in case there are any bugs or things that you decide to tweak over the course of the development-

2 Likes

I think you should split into 2. Chapter 5 part 1 + 2.
It s easier to follow and all chapters seem more harmonious.
Anyway, so exciting to see new chapter!

1 Like

So the votes areā€¦ well, Im not sure what to do now :ā€™) I guess if it keeps on bouncing around the 50% Iā€™ll update the link with the entire chapter by the end of the week but who knows. Iā€™ve edited this post for a couple of times by now and Iā€™m changing my mind constantly here.

@Ch3rryB0mb I guess thatā€™ll make it a bit easier indeed. Honestly- I didnt think about that. Two parts in one chapter kinda looks messy. I mean- chapter 5 in general looks messy but it looks even messier when I combine the two parts together :smiley: thank you!

@Hoang_Dieu yup, thatā€™s what I was scared about, too. The chapters are all around 10k-16k words long (excluding chapter 1. Thatā€™s tiny.) And then thereā€™s chapter 5 with over 25k words. Yeaaah.
Thank you!

2 Likes