Replica: between universes (WIP, intro ch9, ch2 edit 12/07/22)

when I looked at the stats page on relationships, for asher it said he’s long? might wanna change that to tall?

3 Likes

@Mistyleaf123 Ah, I’ll look into that. I haven’t peeked inside the stats doc in ages, hehe.

For anyone else who waltzes into this thread only to report some typos- feel free to send me a PM with it. It’s alright to send it in here, but then this thread gets unnecessarily bumped every now and then when people do so! Thank y’all so much for reading RBU and your attention, I’ll go back into my cave now :smiley:

2 Likes

How do I get enough relationship points with Day to ask what concerns her at the motel? I really like this demo and will definitely pay for the full game on release

1 Like

@Emily19
Hey there! Thank you for reading :slight_smile: it’s still a wip in any way possible though, hopefully I’ll be able to release it one day soon.
You can get your relationship level up by generally being nice to F and everyone else around you, being reasonable and trusting. You just need to get it over the 20 relationship mark to ask them what bothers them. Nearly every choice you encounter influences the relationship stats of your companions, so you can go back and try some other choices till F ends up loving you :smiley:

3 Likes

Okay… this is simply A.MA.ZING…
I can’t stop read it :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

@an_nisa Hey! Thank you so much for reading :blush:

5 Likes

After yet another set of months: Chapter 7 / introduction to 8 UPDATE

Chapter 7 has been updated with the WIP scenes completed !!! one (1) is locked still for the foreseeable future- either I will delete that path completely or complete it in the future. But for now: it’s complete!

Besides that, the introduction to chapter 8 is there, too! I hope you guys will like this one. It’s the day scene before the actual events of chapter 8, which sets place in the theater- but for now, it is just the calm before the storm and one major choice for the player to make towards the end of what is there already.

In short, this update includes:

• Completed AMETHYST path for the bar scene
  • Complete HA path for the bar scene
  • Option to stay back at the Grayson house instead of going through the mirror
  • A few stat checks to stay back- and if failed, a scene containing trigger warning right in front of the intended bit of text
  • Chapter 8 introduction: chance to learn more about the characters through stat check
  • Option to set your romance path for the game !!

Hope you’ll all like this one. Not a lot, but I can continue working on chapter 8 now without putting too much focus on 7. I do expect bugs to have lingered behind even though I checked it a dozen times, do let me know if you stumble upon one!

Have a nice weekend now y’all :smiley:

53 Likes

WoW @FireFlyy that’s amazing, thanks and congrats on the update…

2 Likes

@FireFlyy There’s a problem with the stats. If you go into stat check, you have this:

*if r_lily >0
*set r_lily 0

So it’s resetting Lily to 0 if you have above 0. And then it doesn’t seem to add any points when you earn them, either.

Edited to add:
I had to restart from the beginning because I lost my saves! And now I can’t continued because Lily hates my MC, lol!

3 Likes

Okay great game so far but does anyone know how to raise the insanity stat. I wanna try and play an insane character because…well just because.

2 Likes

@EvilChani yea someone else pointed it out, too. I’ll drop in a quick fix in a bit, when I get the chance to do so! I’m sorry for the inconvenience D:
Thanks for pointing it out!

the stats for Lily should be fixed now :slight_smile: I am not sure how this might affect new or existing saves though. while fixing this, I also realized how the insanity stat reset itself, too- so this one is also fixed.

1 Like

@Eiwynn thank yoU for taking an interest in RBU :smiley:

@Empress_Nightmare Thank you so much for reading!

@Dahariel the insanity stat was a bit broken but I fixed it this morning- it should start raising now, again! Basically, whatever grants the player with knowledge points, there is also a chance of this boosting up your MCs insansity. This also happens if the player picks paths and choices which indicate danger, if they learn too much or experience too much regarding parallel universes and if they say/do smaller stuff that has the potential of bringing their mental health down in general. as an example of this, 6 points for insanity is gained when deciding on visiting Ashers’ home, and a single point is gained when deciding on talking to Mona Lisa toy when this is possible to do so, in chapter 8. By the end of part 1, you can actually get over 60 points into insanity!

3 Likes
Little errors

letter ‘I’ missing here

here as well

extra ‘L’ here

pronoun change

another one, I think

sorry, I really can only point these out

not sure if the capitalization is on purpose, but there are a few more of these

the phrasing sounds strange. There was another line in which it said ‘Fay admits of being Replica’ (or something of the sort). I think there ‘of’ isn’t necessary, but I may be wrong.

I love all the book names! Fay/Flynn is just so kind, I love them. I have a soft spot for Ashley/Asher, even though I was stuck at 3% with them, lmao. Lily is the perfect younger sibling, and Hazel/Hanual the unexpectedly mysterious best friend. All the characters have
Amethyst was a very surprising character to learn about!
Also very long for a demo, thanks for the hard work! The concept is quite compelling, although it reminds me of a book I read recently.

Chapter 6 beginning still in progress?

1 Like

@gomisegye thank you so much for reading, and for those little catches! I’m probably going to keep the demo going until the end of part 2 (chapter 10) before locking this up for part 3, as this will end up having around (max) 15 or so chapters in total. Pretty long indeed

@ElliWoelfin not really, as they don’t affect the story too greatly. There are WIP paths for other characters, but I’m not really sure whether I’d like to keep this scene at one POV only or keep the possibility to see this from multiple POVs. I’ll probably go back to those earlier chapters again when I hit the 10 chapters mark. Thank you so much for reading :slight_smile:

8 Likes

if I may make a suggestion maybe add red hair? Feel free to ignore this completely though.

1 Like

@Sheaon13 Customization options for your MC is a bit lacking right now anyway, it’s a good suggestion! Thank you

1 Like

So there’s this option… Fay Lies which requires 60 observant / 70 relationship Fay and I have 74 relationship but it’s still greyed out. Does it require both or is it a bug or is it something else??

@Here_Not_There Yea that’s a bug, I’ll try and fix that next time when I’ve got the chance. Thank you for pointing it out!

~~edit: fixed it c:

2 Likes