Relics of the Lost Age (WIP) - Submitted, demo removed

I know Esmephiles and Abdulholics have had a long, long wait. But that just means that the reunion will be even sweeter when it happens!

@Cantthinkofone she won’t always be a main companion, but you definitely haven’t seen the last of her! And the Esme-Abdul thing still hasn’t been properly resolved in my own brain, but they are pretty inseparable, so we’ll have to see!

6 Likes

Never heard the last part.

1 Like

@Schliemannsghost I must say you have a gift for writing action scenes, the siege in chapter 4 is one of the best I read in any CoG game.
But only that, but it is quite enjoyable to play through it, several choices and different ways to achieve success.
Best chapter of the game, IMO.

2 Likes

Thought I might share this nifty little opinion piece from the Guardian with any Relics reader who is interested. It’s pretty timely from the point of view of my WIP - it mentions some things that get talked about in Chapter 4, and also addresses some of the bigger themes from the upcoming Chapter 5. Neato!

8 Likes

I was reading the code and I found out that the scene only won’t trigger if you ask Kurtz to use the Gatling Gun, otherwise the Cleo’s scene will always trigger, even if you killed several Nazis.

2 Likes

Oh no! I’ll take a look and try to fix it tonight. (I think I set it up that way as a placeholder, and forgot to go back and implement it properly). Thanks so much for spotting it!

Fixed it!

3 Likes

@Schliemannsghost will There be a chance to upgrade the gun from a revolver to something like a 1911?

1 Like

So my plan is to leave the MC with a revolver as their go-to gun (kind of like their trademark!), but you WILL get the chance to shoot different weapons as well. In the upcoming chapter, the MC won’t have their revolver at all (they had to leave it at home), and gun-based players will find themselves having to scavenge a range of different types of gun as the chapter goes on!

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing that!

1 Like

#tombraderhomage!

1 Like

We’re in England next chapter, right?

1 Like

Yes.

That explains the issues with guns.

So the Irish government have just closed down all educational institutions, including the one where I work, as an anti-pandemic precaution. Which is obviously terrifying. But every pandemic has a silver lining. It does mean I will have a surprising amount of free time this month, much of which is likely to be put into chapter 5, so expect a pretty quick turnaround time!

It’s going well so far. Quite different from the last couple of chapters, which got very dark in places. This one will be light-hearted, comedic, ridiculous and very very Christmassy. Nice to have finally left the Heart of Darkness behind!

16 Likes

Looking forward to seeing it!

1 Like

@Schliemannsghost

Hey will there be more ROs for female MCs?

1 Like

None of the ROs are gender-locked - there aren’t ROs for male and female, just ROs that anybody can date! That means that female (and male and nb) MCs have a choice of Esme, Abdul, Cleo and Zhu. Oh, but I forgot, Zhu’s dead , so I guess he can’t be one, can he? ….

8 Likes

You could make someone next chapter or use Stevo?

1 Like

Have faith, the Zhu gap will be filled. People who want male ROs will get their fair share, I promise!

3 Likes