Welcome to the WIP thread for Relics 3: Ashes for Gold.
The game is an action-packed archaeological adventure, inspired by Tomb Raider , Uncharted, The Mummy and (above all) Indiana Jones . It is the third and final entry in the Relics trilogy, and the sequel to my earlier games Relics of the Lost Age and Relics 2: The Crusader’s Tomb. While it can be played as a stand-alone, it is strongly recommended that you play the first two games first, to get the most out of the experience. Relics has now been released, and Relics 2 is currently submitted and in the Hosted Games publishing queue. If you played the original Relics and Relics 2 , feel free to dive in and continue your adventure! If you didn’t, you may prefer to wait for Relics 2 to come out and play it before trying this one.
It’s 1940, and the long-feared war has come to Europe. Intrepid archaeologist Dr. Spillane, a longstanding enemy of the Nazis, is in London, working against Germany on behalf of Britain’s intelligence services. But they soon learn that there’s a grave threat on the horizon. The Nazis have discovered a deadly secret, long-forgotten ancient technology that could make them unstoppable and undefeatable, and it’s up to our hero to stop them. The fate of the world depends on it.
From the ghost towns of the American West to the desert sands of Egypt, from the Peruvian Andes to the streets of Berlin, experience one final epic journey in the Relics universe. Do you have what it takes to frustrate the Nazis’ sinister schemes and, in the company of your beloved friends and allies, to save the world from great evil one more time?
The first demo includes three sections:
- Go to France and mess up the Nazis.
- Meet an old acquaintance and learn about a deadly new threat.
2. Chapter 1: Showdown at Rattlesnake Gulch
- Experience all the glamor of the Golden Age of Hollywood, before destroying it all with a motorbike.
- Go to Nevada and do cowboy shit with Sam.
- Cross swords with eccentric new villain Heidi Hahn.
3. Interlude 1
- Go to a party and hang out with Cleo, Stevo, Rémy and María.
- Potentially take the first step in making your established romance more “official”.
So far, it’s around 75K words. I’m looking for any and all types of feedback. Please let me know if you find any issues, however minor. And I hope you enjoy it!
You can find the demo here.