Relics 3: Ashes for Gold UPDATED 15th October, Final Update, see Post 741 for details

I absolutely love this trilogy. I was actually looking for an Indiana jones game a while back this satisfies my craving until a new movie or video game comes out

3 Likes

TFW you realize that youā€™ve gone from thinking ā€œIā€™d love to write a Choicescript fan-game based on Shadowrunā€ to developing a fully-functioning simplified Choicescript version of the 5th Edition Shadowrun TTRPG rules and set up the stats screen alreadyā€¦

Guess I know what Iā€™ll be doing after Relics 3 is finished.

19 Likes

My next question is this; How would one play as agent Gibbs from ncis or napoleon solo from the man from uncle movie? I know charm gunplay and linguistics but not sure about the rest

Hi, yes, Iā€™d like to order a rigger, please, with a sideorder of many, many drones.

7 Likes

Should be doable. If I can somehow invent the first ever rigger ruleset that doesnā€™t suck balls, Iā€™ll know that Iā€™ve finally mastered Shadowrun!

8 Likes

You fool, you said Shadowrun and now I am contractually obligated to annoy you until that project is a thing

Seriously though, would be something I followed very closely. Love that setting and it doesnā€™t look like the Harebrained guys are revisiting it any time soon.

9 Likes

I think Mircosoft held license at a time when HBS made games in Shadowrun Returns Trilogy. Dunno if they still doā€¦ Most likely, I think, the answer is gonna be positive. Funny thing tho, Publisher for HBS was Paradox. The holder of World of Darkness license is Paradox (tnx to them there are Night Road, Out for Blood, Parlaiment of Knives andā€¦ the last one). How smoll is the world of video gaming

2 Likes

Shadowrun rights are a hot mess. As I understand it (and itā€™s complex, so I could be wrong), FASA own the IP, but theyā€™ve currently licensed Catalyst to publish the TTRPG and related properties. Meanwhile, Microsoft have the license to make games, and they sub-licensed Harebrained Schemes to make the Returns trilogy (HBS was founded by Jordan Weissman, one of the original creators of the Shadowrun universe back in the 80s). Like I said, a hot mess!

9 Likes

Congratulations on writing the final part of your incredible saga. Right now Iā€™m testing the demo and Iā€™m going to send you my next impressions.

Iā€™m surprised it wasnā€™t mentioned in the cowboy town chapter that the closest thing to the Wild West experience was when Pancho Villa attacked the town of Columbus, New Mexico. And the image of this ā€œcaudilloā€ was cataloged in a similar way to the bandits of the old west. I say this because of the Mexican tactic that is mentioned in the story. As well as the similar end of the persecution of Villa by General John J. Pershing. and the failure of the raid called ā€œPunitive Expeditionā€ in my country. And the parallelism between this bandit Duke Gang and Pancho Villa.

These are things that as an amateur historian I can share with you about Mexico and its relationship with the Wild West (at least what was still left for 1916)

7 Likes

Thank you, when I review chapter 1 Iā€™ll look into adding in one or two references.

9 Likes

I absolutely love this series. In fact Raiders of the lost ark is number one on my top ten movie list of favorite movies of all time. I cannot wait for the finale Indiana jones movie coming out next year. Also I know this is an unpopular option but I liked crystal skull as well

6 Likes

I love the wedding interlude, but would it be possible to have non-male friends walk MC down the aisle? I feel like my MC would choose MarĆ­a first, and then Esme or Cleo, before any of the male options. Especially if the MC is in a same-gender relationship, I feel like they wouldnā€™t care about the gendered tradition of having specifically a man walk them down the aisle.

7 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s a good idea, and should be easy to implement!

8 Likes

My other suggestion is this: would you be willing to add cheat codes? Or a legacy edition like the lost heir trilogy did. What Eric moser did he added the ability to increase all skills but after you completed the main story. You could make it where it unlocks only after the player beats all three games. Anyway itā€™s just a thought. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OMG yeeees. Iā€™ve had a Shadowrun shaped hole in my life ever since Harebrained Schemes lost the license.

3 Likes

Hmm, I hadnā€™t thought about that. Iā€™ll see how I feel when Book 3 is finished. Thanks for the suggestion!

5 Likes

agreed cleo is my favorite RO as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah that is pretty small, my first experience with shadowrun
was playing shadowrun returns on my phone back in 2013 up until it broke,
but now they finally brought the entire trilogy to console so now itā€™s time to jump back in,
and from the sound of it @Schliemannsghost is giving me something else to look forward to in that universe, on top of that i just started getting into crusader kings another paradox game
which now that i think about it would be pretty interesting to see in the choicescript format.

1 Like

What are the best stats to have to solo this game without relying on the other characters?

1 Like

Gunplay, subterfuge, and reactions work pretty well together, although youā€™ll still get bashed up a lot

5 Likes