Relics 3: Ashes for Gold UPDATED 15th October, Final Update, see Post 741 for details

Please don’t tell me that place has a glowing cube?

2 Likes

Ooh, interesting!

3 Likes

Hey @Schliemannsghost how’s the response for the second book now? Hope it’s doing well.

4 Likes

It was doing better, but the new update to Google Play Stores seems to have eaten all of the game’s reviews (at least as far as I can see, unless it’s something to do with region), which is frustrating.

10 Likes

Update!

It’s more positive than the last one, I’m pleased to say! I’ve now finished all of the (many) wedding routes. I just need to write the Rémy date, and the Chapter 6 briefing with Anderson, and then proofread and playtest. Hopefully you’ll all be getting married in the next few days!

30 Likes

Is the ending of this adventure related to what was mentioned in the first game? If so, is it possible that the world that is known in this fictional universe will change forever in one of the endings?

(You don’t have to go into details, I’ll settle for yes or no)

3 Likes

Yes, you’ll be able to change the course of history at the end of this game, depending on what you do.

10 Likes

By the way, it is late to share this but I feel that Abdul, despite the fact that he feels his name is very Hindu despite his past within the Ottoman empire, I can speculate that the emirate where he grew up could be in Azerbaijan or the emirate of Jabal Shamar in the Arabian peninsula feuded with the Saudi family and allies of the Ottomans during the nineteenth century until the first world war. i love this character

2 Likes

I don’t think that Abdul ever says that he feels particularly Hindu. His religious background is Muslim. But I’m glad that you like him, he’s an underrated character imo!

6 Likes

I think Abdul is underrated for two reasons:

1 - he has a calm, subdued personality and he always comes paired with Esme, who’s very expansive; and

2 - in several of the situations we meet him, he’s actively trying to pass himself as underrated, because racism won’t allow him to be treated as an equal to those around him (I forget if it’s him or Esme that says that having him pretend to be her servant just makes things easier).

8 Likes

Update: Interlude 5!

Interlude 5 has gone up!

I wouldn’t normally do an update for just an interlude. But this one is special. And it’s basically chapter-length anyway (it’s actually longer than Chapter 1, although it won’t feel like it since so much is alternate text and variable routes).

It’s the wedding, for those of you who are marrying your ROs. Have at it and, as always, all feedback is encouraged and welcome!

32 Likes

Awww that was so perfect and sweet! I teared up a little 🥹 and then laughed at Sam when they talked about Maria :joy: and then teared up again. Beautifully written.

I’m not sure if this is a bug but Remy’s outfit is mentioned and described twice not just once: Up ahead stands Rémy, a commanding and charismatic presence, looking groomed and polished in an eye-catching pastel yellow check suit.

5 Likes

Oh thanks, I’ll look into the Rémy description thing! (But it’s such a nice suit that it deserves to be described twice).

5 Likes

Stevo’s best man speech when you marry Zhu = perfect

2 Likes

I usually wait a few updates before checking in but you got me this time, scoundrel, off I go.

2 Likes

Odd quibble, but I think it’s a code issue. I was marrying Maria and chose to be waiting at the altar, however the game then bade me choose someone to walk myself down the aisle in the next page, and it played out as if I had choose to walk all along. Threw me for a bit if a loop. Weirdly I tried to replicate it and could not. It’s perplexing.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Loved the marriage with Cleo. I just think the interlude is too short of you aren’t marrying anyone.

2 Likes

Will there be a scene where our MC somehow like get hurt (like getting shot or something like that) in front of our significant other? Would be cool if there is especially seeing the reaction from certain RO like Maria :thinking:

1 Like

That’s strange. I’ll look into it, thanks.

it is. But it’s also already so, so long, especially for an interlude, and I don’t think I could feasibly write six non-marriage dates plus a thing for single players in addition to the 30k words that are already there. People may just have to accept that not getting married means they’re opting out of some content.

Maybe, not sure yet!

EDIT: I think I fixed the altar / aisle thing now. I forgot to change a variable. Hopefully it work now!

4 Likes