Relics 2: The Crusader's Tomb UPDATED 26 April 2021 - Chapter 6 (post 598 for details!)

Awww please can you do medium debuff for professional cause i am already supporting rich /powerful guys instead of commoners

1 Like

It’s gonna have to be big, I’m afraid. An archaeologist stealing from a museum is literally one of the most unprofessional things an archaeologist could ever do!

(For reference, Google Dr. Dirk Obbink, a real-life Oxford archaeologist who is currently facing criminal charges for stealing ancient papyri and selling them to shady American collectors!!!)

12 Likes

I understand thanks for the explanation keep up the good work and get us those quality updates :v:

1 Like

Write that down furiously.

1 Like

If you really want to chase it up, this is a good starting point:

Oxford professor arrested on suspicion of ancient papyrus theft | UK news | The Guardian

There was actually a lot of internet sleuthing that went into his arrest, and several blogs take really deep dives into this story. It’s really fascinating. Half of the characters legitimately read like Indiana Jones villains!

EDIT: longer, more detailed, more colorful version here:

A Biblical Mystery at Oxford (msn.com)

Note Scott Carroll, pseudoscholar, con artist and self-proclaimed Indiana Jones. And also Yakup Eksioglu, shady Turkish dealer who made what looks like an acid-attack threat against Roberta Mazza, an academic and amateur sleuth who was investigating his shady dealings. Plus those shitty homophobic and transphobic Hobby Lobby people, who also come out of this story looking dumb and shady af. Like I said, Indiana Jones villains, everywhere.

In case you can’t tell, I got kind of obsessed with following this story for a while!

14 Likes

Thanks! I have a museum heist in my story too. But it’s kind of there just for the action and doesn’t do much plot wise. I’ll have to revisit it.

2 Likes

hi and hello i’m here to steal to draw one (1) meme :relieved::cherry_blossom:

7 Likes

Hella excited for it. I want to romance with MARIA THIS TIME! PLEASEEEE :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

1 Like

Progress Update: I’m making fast progress with Chapter 6. Maybe two more weeks or so? Expect supernatural(?) shenanigans, the return of a fan favorite companion, a creepy Wicker Man / Midsommer inspired village, and a Lady who Must Not Be Disturbed…

18 Likes

Well this is gonna be disturbing as all get out then for a spiritual MC then

3 Likes

14 Likes

Oh Devils, is that Butler talking 'bout the meat of the hunter or the meat that hunter brought?!?

6 Likes

We’ll have to find out…

2 Likes

I’ve had NaNoWriMo levels of productivity this month, and have just completed a fully working and playable version of Chapter 6! Just a few more days of polishing, proof-reading and playtesting, and I’ll put it up on the site. Watch this space!

21 Likes

Damn, you’re fast; this should be good!

2 Likes

Chapter 6 is now live! Currently at just under 295k words, and 3/4 finished! Details below.

Chapter 6: Blood of Dracul

You should be feeling safe. You’re out of the clutches of the Nazis, there’s no sign of any of your rivals, and you’re in such a remote place that you doubt that even the Order of St. Sebastian will be able to track you down. But, as the thunder crashes and the wolves howl through the primal Carpathian forests, you feel anything but safe.

Maybe this place has dangers of its own in store for you…

Highlights include:

• Pay a visit to the home of the famous Professor Exposition!

• Get paid for an honest day’s work (told you this was horror)!

• Fun with doggos in the Carpathian Mountains!

• Visit a totally normal village that isn’t in any way creepy, sinister or obviously in the thrall of a supernatural murder-cult!

• Ariadne McFuckin’ Stokes!!!

• The chance to complain loudly to the author as the book takes a sudden wild turn into the horror genre which you absolutely didn’t sign up for.

Content Warnings: Lots of stuff in here around violence, torture and cannibalism. Also references to (possible) sexual assault, and a depiction of the consequences of animal abuse.

Have fun, if that’s the right word for this grisly stuff. As always, any comments would be appreciated mightily.

29 Likes

Good lord chief your a beast putting these out so fast cant wait to try this one out and keep up the great work.

6 Likes

Damn, that was so fast. It’s less than 30 minutes from midnight in my timezone and I just opened the forum to quickly check before I sleep, and now I’ve seen that there’s an update that could potentially nuke my saves, and that I’ve missed a few things in here in the past week, so there goes my sleep.

4 Likes

Oh crap, sorry!

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I’m just kidding, it’s fine, I’m anyways used to studying and sleeping late. But just found one thing, when I load any save, it’s just reverting to the beginning of that chapter in such I saved. Is that how it’s supposed to work? Like usually I see that whenever there are major changes to code, games again start from the beginning when we load up old save files, so just curious.

An example in case it helps: I had two saves for chapter 5 and two saves for chapter 4, and each of the saves again loaded the starting of that respective chapter.

2 Likes