Relics 2: The Crusader's Tomb UPDATED 26 April 2021 - Chapter 6 (post 598 for details!)

Omg!!! It’s here! I loved the first game so much and I’m so excited to dive into this one! :smiley::smiley::grin:
And Maria is now officially officially an RO haha! It’s my lucky day :hugs: I’ll definitely be keeping a close eye on this thread :grin:

And btw this is just too accurate lmao

10 Likes

@Schliemannsghost you made my damn day when I saw that brother ambrose was a part of the British Expiodianary Force I had forgotten about that up until I saw it so thanks for making me feel useful.

1 Like

Aww,come on spiders are cute. :spider:
Speaking of cute, I hope Zhu will be joining us once again. :wink:

2 Likes

If you’re dating him, you can choose to bring him along as a permanent companion this time! If you’re not, then who knows, maybe he’ll still be popping up at some point on your journey anyway!

8 Likes

Hello!

1 Like

Oh cool… But fir now I won’t play it. I firce myself to not finish the first game (I didn’t play the last two adventures) so I still have the surprise for when I buy the game.
I don’t want to spoil myself (“snif”), so I will refrain myself.
But really, congrat. I’m glad to see it continue.

2 Likes

I think this has been discussed at one point in book 1 thread but I forgot. Who are the new ROs in book 2? Beside the irritating yet dashing Maria.

1 Like

The Amazonian and a new character you haven’t met yet.

5 Likes

Can anyone please explain me the deal with Esme and Abdul? I couldn’t play the book one demo😭

they are couple and you can have poly relationship with them

4 Likes

You can still date one of them, but it won’t be exclusive for them and they will still see each other.

1 Like

Thrilled to see this posted! I got through a long day at work on Sunday, thinking by the time I get home, the demo should be up… - but once I’d finished reading it was midnight and I was too exhausted to leave a coherent comment, haha.

Well you are certainly not wrong about that! In all honesty, I did prefer the murderous ‘prince of darkness’ persona, but that seemed a rather unkind thing to say, under the circumstances. Still, this is Character Growth which is a Good Thing, and I’m interested to see where it goes. Hopefully to a place of less crimes against fashion.

Also, I loved the cathedral puzzle. And the sarcastic butler made me laugh out loud. I can’t wait to star delving deeper into the mysteries (and really annoy some of the less savoury competitors).

5 Likes

Great, I’m pleased that you enjoyed it! And who knows, perhaps you haven’t quite seen the last of the Prince of Darkness…

6 Likes

First off, happy cake day, @Schliemannsghost ! :cake:

So happy to see the demo is here already! :heart_eyes: Took me long enough to play enough of it to put together a comment though :sweat_smile:, but it was definitely worth the wait!

Re: New ROs — I told you so!! You guys said I was crazy but I knew all along that there was such romantic potential with The Amazonian :joy:

Assorted useless comments

Heh. That’s exactly 60 years before I was born. I’m sure there’s some deep numerological significance to that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I actually had so much difficulty choosing what my strongest stats were, all I recall is being terrible at everything :joy:

I LOL’d so hard at enabling spider mode XD I’m almost disappointed now that my Spillane didn’t fall into the pit (she definitely has become more competent in the sequel). I would almost be concerned that she’s not the same character anymore, except that five seconds later she got her friend killed. Ah, that’s my old Spillane!

Looooooool :rofl: Petty Spillane is the best Spillane. XD

The “Documents” function sounds intriguing. :thinking: I like having an inventory in the stats screen, reminds me of classic games.

Sam’s right, that butler is suspicious as hell :rofl:

£500 in 1930s money! I could buy me a new Ford with that! Screw this treasure-hunting thing, just take the expenses money and run :rofl:

Sooo apparently going to London where the mafia is after us wasn’t a great idea. :woman_shrugging:t3: Who’d have known?

Okay, so I wasn’t expecting to love the cathedral puzzle, but the fact that’s basically a crossword actually won me over really fast. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Kidnapped twice in two days. What rotten luck Spillane has. :grin:

Well, if it isn’t the venerable sugar in the gas tank legend! It’s been years since I last heard that one, hahaha. Then again, I can’t imagine that the FBI’s old jalopy needed much help to break down in the first place XD.

Anyway, just like I expected I loved the demo :heart:, and I can’t wait to see what adventures await our intrepid protagonists in their next destination.

From reading the comments here, I can see I’m going to have to replay this again just to see what it’s like to have Zhu as a companion (My Spillane did end up with him in the previous book because the guy shows up at her room in the middle of the night and goes “I’m a monster, boo-hoo, I killed my last boyfriend, I’m such a horrible human being, boo-hoo” and well, what was I supposed to do? But in this game I decided to make as if that’d never happened. :stuck_out_tongue: And of course, now I’m too curious to see how he’s changed so I’m going to be forced to undo that decision).

6 Likes

@Myrtle Re: New ROs — I told you so!! You guys said I was crazy but I knew all along that there was such romantic potential with The Amazonian :joy:

Yeah, I feel like that was kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. You advocated for them being a potential romance a good number of times on the last thread.

3 Likes

Really? Gosh, I thought I’d only said it once :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: Sorry for being so annoying then? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s fine; you weren’t annoying by a long shot.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @Schliemannsghost!

4 Likes

Thanks everybody! I think the cake symbol means it’s my anniversary joining the site: it’s definitely not my actual birthday! But thanks for the birthday wishes, I will file them away for February!

Glad you liked it, Myrtle, and thanks so much for your comments! And oh no, is sugar in the gas tank a myth? I’ll have to find another way to get that car destroyed now.

13 Likes

That’s absolutely right.

Happy cake day, @Schliemannsghost! :partying_face::cake:

1 Like