Regrets of the Traitor (WIP) (Updated: 25/05/2020)

judging how accepting the people here are, they would be pretty well received, there are some asexual ros in some wips and even aro in others so, just do what you feel comfortable with

4 Likes

Okay, nice. Good to know. Well, looks like she’s locked in, then.

3 Likes

Actually, just thought I’d ask; how would you suggest going about making a gay character a romance option for a gender neutral player? At the moment, I have it so that the gay characters can be romanced by gender-neutral players no matter what, and I’m perfectly happy with that, but I was wondering if there was a better or preferred alternative. This has nothing to do with the coding of it, that’s the easy part.

1 Like

Well, i don’t see anything wrong with it. Only two things would be internally consistent: gender neutral characters can romance anyone, or gender neutral characters can’t romance people that are attracted to a specific gender. That is, if you are trying to apply it to everyone, as i would personally decide that from character to character.
I would be happy with the choice you think that makes more sense, and besides that, i see no real objective preferred alternative.

2 Likes

Okay, so I feel I should actually make a mini update despite not having anything new to add to the current demo at the moment.

The script for chapter 1 is 100% completed and I have completely rewritten the prologue. I have yet to actually put all of this into the working demo (I’m slowly getting all that code into the files but it’s taking a hot minute due to personal life things.) but I’m getting there. I would like to get it all out by next week at the earliest, however, I have a long roadtrip ahead of me this friday and I might be a little bit tired. I’d rather my writing be as good as it can, and this week, it most likely will not.

That being said, there is now a save feature added into the demo. That’s about it, but I remember someone asking for it. So. Here.

20 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the @moderators.

Glad to see this open again! I was really intent on following this WIP.

7 Likes

Yes it unfortunately took a hot minute for me to realise that I should not update something chapter by chapter when they’re going to be 30k + words. I was but a naive goblin.

2 Likes

@ExquisitePumpkin I actually was wondering if there could be an option for a Chaotic magic-user? Because I think the old lady was supposed to be one, but she increases Order as well :thinking:

2 Likes

So basically taako from the adventure zone

2 Likes

She’s Orderly due to spoiler reasons but the being made of the elements (God, I wish I could use their names) should be chaotic.

I just looked back over the code and realised they aren’t chaotic, but that’s now changed.

1 Like
A few things
  • I’m not sure the choice of whether you are trans or not is clear enough. I didn’t feel completely certain that’s what I was being asked.

#What they think is their prerogative.
*set apathetic +5
*set emotional +5
*goto scn14

#I don’t know what they’re so scared about, they’ve nothing to fear from me unless they do something to warrant it.
*set candid +5
*set subtle +5
*goto scn14

• I’m guessing both those sets should have a decrease, instead of two increases.
    Also, you know it’s not neccesary to track both parts of an opposed pair, right?

#Though I fear I may need to keep an eye on them. They’re mostly conscripts, after all.

#They’ll be fine. They all signed up for this.

• I think the wording isn’t completely clear in this choice, I read it to be whether the MC cared about their soldiers or not, and chose the wrong answer for them.

• Is korrin supposed to raise by 5 if you choose

#“Then, expel them. There is little to gain from angry priests.”

• but not if you choose

#“I don’t want to deal with the church knocking down my door. Tell The Oracle to leave.”

?

Wow, i really like the wip, i feel my character very gray which is something that i really love, i’m not all evil, but i’m not a saint either, rather something in between who apparently regrets many of the things she did in the past. Love the premise, please keep up with this.

Yay! An update. This WIP is very promising.

How evil can you be in the story? Like for example can we have innocents executed, torture people etc? And as the story progresses cab we improve our relations with Severa? My last question is there discrimination against half elves+

Another thing:

I found the prologue a bit confusing the first time I read it, with no context for who everyone was, and what was going on.
Rereading it now, after playing through all of the demo (and reading all the code, with it’s spoilers), I really enjoy it!
And I am very happy that it seems we’ll get to spend time with our group again. I’m really looking forward to that.

3 Likes

Also why is spotter referred to as “they”?

They are a non-binary character I’m pretty sure

By the way what happened to the original prince? Did the mc kill him, or will we have to worry about him becoming a figurehead for a misguided insurrection later on?