Reflections at Sunset is my version of a thinking simulator/branching monologue game. Rather than explore dialog choices that have you converse with another character, in Reflections, players reflect on their actual personal thoughts and feelings, culminating with writing a letter to a loved one. Inspired by meditation and psychotherapy, the game is meant to be a safe space for players to express themselves.
After all, there’s probably more drama in our own interior lives than in any fantasy world. Why not explore that?
- Answer personal questions as yourself, not an avatar
- Write a physical letter at the end
- Past players have reflected on their futures, betrayal, and lost loved ones
- Massively branching story in 10 minutes
- Featuring: Sunset Maker - Share your reflections as an animated GIF
- In browser, only 5-10 minutes, free/pay-what-you-want
More details can be found on the game’s website here: http://charleshanshuang.com/reflections-at-sunset
Shown at Different Games Toronto, Playcrafting Expos, Play NYC