CCH 2 Testing (closed)

Well, I’ve written over 30k words since my last public update, and instead of reopening that thread and posting more public updates, I’ve decided to just stay low profile on the forums for the next two months and cross the finish line to beta testing. I’d like to have the first wave or two of beta testers picked and ready to go so I can hit the ground running when the game is ready for testing.

Are you a good fit to beta test CCH 2?

1. Have you read CCH 1, preferably in the past few months? Or if you haven’t, are you willing to do so by July/August?

2. Do you have a history of testing CoG and/or HG games on the forums and giving specific, constructive feedback?

3. Will you have some free time in July and/or August?

If you answered “yes,” to all three, you’re exactly the person I’m looking for! And although I would LOVE to have some return beta testers from Part 1, it is certainly NOT a requirement that you participated in the Part 1 beta.

*Also, I would add that testers should be at least 18 years old. There is quite a bit of adult content in the story and I would not feel comfortable with minors testing it.

I will run beta testing in waves, as I did last time. That lets me work with a dozen or so people at a time and fix/tweak/add slowly. Because Part 2 is a complicated game, and a sequel, I would anticipate beta testing would take at least 6-8 weeks, but your commitment would only be for a week or two.

The first wave will start sometime in July, even if the story is only 90% done or whatever. If that’s the case, I will write the last few scenes during the testing process.

Finally, I will ask testers to test certain paths during different waves, to make sure all romance options, side adventures, and improvement paths are equally tested and explored during beta. I would assume most folks would be just fine with this, but I’m just throwing it out there for full disclosure. I’ll also link together Parts 1 and 2 during the last few weeks of beta testing and will need folks who are willing to test the whole eight-hour thing.

Please comment below if you fit the above criteria and you’re interested in helping out! Your help is ESSENTIAL and I REALLY appreciate folks who are willing to devote some time to help me make the story as good as it can be.

5/21/17 - EDITED TO ADD: I will keep my own comments to a minimum below, just so I don’t encourage conversations or otherwise gum up the works! :slight_smile:

5/22/17 - EDITED TO ADD: Wow! Great response everyone! I’ll leave this open for a while, perhaps even until testing, but I won’t comment much. I WILL give everyone at least a week or two’s notice before testing starts, and I’ll start sending out PM invites at that time.

I am firm on the “no minors in testing” rule. I know a good number of HG readers are younger teens, and you’re a vital part of the CCH audience, but for legal reasons, I do not want to discuss scenes of an adult nature with folks who are under the age of majority in the US. Still, if you’re under 18, you can help in a LOT of other ways, including helping spread the word when a release date is announced, recommending the game to your friends, and buying it!

I am also firm on testers having read CCH Part 1. I honestly don’t see how a tester could help testing Part 2 without having read the first one. I’m a little more flexible about testers’ testing histories, but I just want to be assured they will provide that specific help that will be requested.

5/24/17 - EDITED TO ADD: To those who are asking, yes the beta tester recruiting is still active. I’ll leave this thread open for a while, and I’ll only close it if looks like there will be too many folks. That would be hard to achieve, because I’m envisioning up to 6 testing waves, each with 12-15 people, so that’s…hmmm…carry the 2…well that’s like up in the 70s or 80s. That’s a lot of freakin’ people.

6/9/17 - EDITED TO ADD: Really plowing through Issue 8! But Issue 7 is pretty much non-existent. I still have about 50 days! This is doable!

6/12/17 - EDITED TO ADD: Leaving on vacation Wed for an entire week! Will bring my legal pad everywhere to write out scenes (plane, in the condo, by the pool, during strolls on the beach, during restroom visits, during the wedding we’re attending, at the reception, to the seedy dive bar we’re trying to find, etc)

6/22/17 - EDITED TO ADD: Soooo much work to do!! Still focusing on Issue 8 because finalizing the ending will really help me with the rest. I’ve also written (in notebooks) all the major scenes in Issue 7. My plan is to finish Issue 8 by the end of June and spend July coding Issue 7. I keep realizing I have so much stuff to add! That’s okay! I figure beta testing will take at least 2 months, possibly stretching into September. I’ll likely be adding scenes the entire way.

7/18/17 - EDITED TO ADD: I keep cranking out scenes, but my “To Do” punch-list keeps growing! I wrote over 3,000 words on Saturday but still hardly a dent. I’m still hoping to have this ready for beta sometime in August, but now it’s looking like late August at the earliest. I cut a few scenes that weren’t necessary but everything left on my punch-list feels like it is needed to progress the story. I just can’t see cutting anything else so I need to start checking them off one by one.

7/25/17 - EDITED TO ADD. Well, I’ve typed at least a few hundred words on CCH2 every night for like 7 or 8 nights in a row, and I plan to keep it going. Check out my Twitter @CCH_EricMoser to see my nightly word count updates.

8/11/17 - UPDATE ON TESTING SCHEDULE The first group is not officially starting until Aug 20th. I am still bug testing so they haven’t gotten the link yet.

Then each Group will have 1-2 weeks with the game. I still have a LOT of work to do, so beta testing will stretch through August, September, and October. Possibly longer.

As I move to the next group each time, I’ll send PMs to the new folks up to a week in advance. So as long as folks check the forums at least once a week, (which I figure most everyone does), they should have plenty of notice when it is their turn.

26 Likes

I would be interested in being a beta tester, though I haven’t done anything​ else on forum I have had a lot of experience with editing/reviewing different writings and think I can still give some helpful insight.

As I said before, I’m interested and on board for all levels of beta you’ll let me in on! Definitely would like to be involved if you’ve got the space

Edited to add–to make sure its clear, I am over 18, have read part 1, and will be available through July and August (and after if necessary). I was also on the email distribution list

Hello, Mr. Moser you can count on me, if you think I’m qualified enough.

Yes, it’s been awhile since the last time I read it, but I don’t have any problem checking it out again or looking through the code.

I kinda participated in the testing for the Spanish version of Choice of the Dragon, but I can’t say that I contributed too much. At the time I was kinda busy, and I just reported a few bugs.
On the other hand, I have provided criticism on the forums, I’ve already commented plenty of times in the CCH2 thread. You have been a witness of this, so I’m sure you can judge whether or not you find me helpful.
Also I’ve experimenting with ChoiceScript myself a little bit lately.

Definitely, especially in August, maybe I could even offer some help in September if necessary, but I don’t think I could do more than that.

As I said, I don’t really have too much experience testing, so I’ll might need some indications about what exactly do you need from us at first, but I’m sure I won’t have any problem.

EDITED TO ADD: I received the email.

I would love to beta test CCH2 + I fulfill all the criteria that is listed above except 18 year thing as I am 17 as of now and will turn 18 in December

In March probably or in Feb - several playthroughs and can read it again.

Beta tested HG or CoG games
Welcome to moreytown
The trials of thief taker
Unmasked
and (partially as its still incomplete ) grapefruit’s next title

Definitely

I would love to be a beta tester. I am a yes to all of those questions and would be elated to be a part of this.

I would love to have the chance to be a beta tester! While I have not beta tested for CoG, I have beta tested for another choose your own adventure platform.

I was one of the people to receive an email.

Hey @Eric_Moser I got your email, As for being 18 I’m 17 now turning 18, June 19th.

Yes I’ve been looking into the files if the game for the past couple of weeks. And I’m trying to find out any clues that may have been left in CCH 1. So in short I’m a huge fan of CCH1.

I participated in the early beta testing for CCH
2. And I’ve did a little bit of testing for LH3 but school take up must of my time.

I will be available July since it’s summer break but during​ August I will be available for the first quarter of August, but I’ll have to see what school has in store for me.

I love the CCH universes and anything I can do to help I am glad to do. I like to be a beta tester also I saw this on the distribution email.

Got here as fast as I could once I received distribution email.
I’ve got no experience in testing any CoG-type games, but I did take part in finding some text mistakes (alright, only one, but!) in CCH and would love to help in any way with CCH 2.
Also replaying the first game and having some free time is no problem for me.

Hi There Eric I have also received the email as well and I would love to beta test the game!! I also had participated in the first game beta testing as well and I have plenty of free time

I received your call to arms (Read: Email), Eric! I am on board! My medical licensing exam is in the beginning of July, so I will be more than available to help out!

Well then. My email inbox had quite the surprise for me.

I’ve read the story about 15 times now. I can literally memorize the sequence of events that take place.

So I guess the answer is yes.

I remember beta testing a game for a moderator, but that was mostly spelling and grammar mistakes. I also have a couple of suggestions in my mind, so you might at least get something out of me.

I’ll have all the time in the world.

Whenever you need me, just hit me up.

Hi, I got your email and I’m very interested to beta test

Big fan of the series and would be willing to help and test in whatever way you needed. I fit the requirements so give me a shout if ya need me.

Thanks for the email and invite to join. I’m a high school English teacher and I’m off this summer. I certainly meet your posted criteria and I very much approve of your ethics when dealing with minors.
I’d be happy to volunteer as a beta tester.

I wouldd love to help but… I can’t actually play all of part one because I have literally no money…

I’m excited for the game to be released I am a college student and will be able to read and beta test for you. My email is joshlim0724@gmail.com

I would love to be a beta tester. I’m really excited about what is in the sequel.

I recieved your email and fit all the criteria above, I would love to beta test if you need any more of them.