Recipes for baking!

(Open for suggestions for a better name XD)

Hey everyone! :slight_smile:

I was currently in the mood to bake something after I found some delicious recipes!
Then thought, why not share your recipes with the others and learn new ones?
As tomorrow is a busy day for me, I did those below;

Apple Blossoms

They are called Apple Blossoms and I am excited to find out how they taste. They are still too hot to eat, so I have to wait :wink:

And here is the recipe;

(For 12 of those Apple Blossoms)
2x Apples, sliced in thin slices.
Mushed Apricots (like some smooth marmelade?)
Puff pastry
Cinnamon and sugar (mixed)
A microwave or boiled water.
A lemon

Slice the apples into thin slices, then put them into water (pre-boiled if you have no microwave) and add the juice of half a lemon. Put them into the microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Place out the puff pastry and mix the apricot marmelade with a bit of water to make it more smooth. Put the marmelade on the pastry that you’ve cut into stripes (thick enough for the slices and being able to flip it over, covering both sides of the apples.)
Place the apples on the top half in a row and then flip the pastry’s bottom over, covering the other side of the slices. Be aware that the apples should be able to be seen on the top.
Add cinnamon to the apples surface and then back them at around 200°C for 20 minutes. Make sure the Blossoms don’t burn on the top but that the puff pastry is baked enough.

In the end, you will receive a nice Rose shaped pastry in the size of a muffin.

Fruit-tarts

While showing the recipe above to my mother, I found these delicious looking gems, I absolutly have no idea if they have a special name, so I just dubbed them Fruit-tarts.
The incredients are fairly simple;
Be aware that I used tarts and not muffin-sized dishes. You should get around 10 tarts or 16 muffins-sized pastries.

Fruits of your choice for the topping.
For the dough.
4 oz (115 gr) of unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
1/3 cup (65 gr) of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/3 cup (200 gr) of all-purpose flour

For the custard-cream
10 fl oz (300 ml) of milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup (65 gr) of sugar
2 tablespoons (20 gr) of corn starch

For the topping.
You can use just about anything.
In this case, I followed the recipe and took round about 12 big strawberries and 4-5 kiwis.

In the end, you should have a tart (or in this case muffin) that looks like this.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-7c7E31QGcn4/Vyq2juqAVYI/AAAAAAAAJPM/zbhBlqy4FCsMuqODajYjFQHuDF06idf0gCLcB/s640/2016-04-28%2B210%2Bp.jpg

Have fun!

What Makes You Happy?

Holy cow, I should definetly try it. Love anything that is made of apples.
Good job and thank you.

The things I have to endure during lab classes, now I’m even more hungry!

Then again, maybe, maaaaybe it’s my own fault for reading the forum instead of running those simulations…

Naah.

They really look great, I give myself another chance in making “desserts” as I like apples a lot, even though every other time has been a disaster. At least I’m very good with meats and fish. But I’ll have to find a substitute for the apricot marmelade unfortunately, it’s extremely expesive here. Any suggestions?

Mh… I could almost suggest strawberry marmelade or melon if you have it. Never tried it, but it is worth a try, I guess? Cherry too, but it could be too sour depending on the kind of cherry.

Melon sounds very good! I think I’ll go with that, thanks!

One thing I like that’s kind of a more simple, much less elegant version of apple blossoms (and can also be done with banana slices) is a bit of a thanksgiving apple-pie-surrogate for those who prefer: (I’m told it tastes a lot like apple pie… I wouldn’t know since, ironically, I dislike apple pie and thusly don’t eat it myself)

Ingredients:
Apples and/or Bananas (amount dependent on amount of people eating)
Honey
Cinnamon

Directions:
Place fruit in a pan on the stove, set to low heat, sprinkle honey and cinnamon over, flip the fruit and do so on the other side if desired, cook until desired texture is reached.

Like I said, really simple. Good for sick days too.

That looks really good, and easy too. NOMNOMNOM!!!

I’d always wondered about making apple roses.

If this was a food photos /and/ recipes topic I could post pictures of deliciousness, and @snowpanther could taunt me with crepes and beignets.

Hey everyone!
I added a new recipe to the list! :smile_cat:

Wraith you did those yourself? They’re so pretty!

I love how the strawberies are cut.

They’re all so very pretty.

Unfortunately you ruined those fruit tarts with the kiwi slices! So none for me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually now I hate you.
Because you force me to go and buy those fruits! Damn!

Hm, last time I made something myself it were BBQ Chicken Pizza Rolls.

Yes, I did those myself. Found the recipes in the internet (and partly in my Mom’s books but in other variations xP) and because I had my birthday yesterday, I wanted to do something special for once. So, I tried out some new cakes and other dishes, and this is what came out.

Actually, Mom and I wanted to make some kind of Food-Blog where we show others how to make some delicious dishes with only a few incredients. Could be fun, I guess :smiley:

Sadly, we had only small strawberries and not the very best at the time, so I couldn’t shape them like on the example picture… Ah well, it was a try or fail xP

Additionally, I must admit that I would probably switch out the kiwi next time and put something else in its stead. Maybe peaches or something else that is not a citrus fruit. Because in the end, the kiwi made the cookie below taste a bit funny. Otherwise, the cream and the strawberries were awesome together. I will keep up a report should I make them again. :wink:

@DarkForestCrow
Heh, always here to motivate others. :stuck_out_tongue:
Tell me how your tarts/muffins or blossoms turned out! :wink:

I’m not a very good cook. I prefer hugging my cats and drinking cocoa. But when I have an inspiration I bake only sticking to the recipes. I have a great app CookBook Recipes which I’ve got from [URL=http://freepps.top/]here[/URL]. And even with no talent for baking I can bake some good muffins. :slight_smile:

Oh, thank god for this thread. I have… so many apples… And pears. And plums. And grapes. Someone save me.

I’m gonna try the apple blossoms!

I thought you did them well.

I’d say just use strawberries but then I love strawberries on their own. Or I like them macerated with sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice. Cut up your strawberries as you like them, but them in a bowl and sprinkle on a small amount of sugar and gently stir it through, squeeze on some lemon juice and then just leave it to sit in the fridge until it makes some syrup. (Can be about 30 minutes.) I think that really brings out the strawberry flavour and makes them extra special.

(Guess who forgot to hit post a few months ago?)

(I know who forgot to hit post :wink: )

Ah, nice idea.
I am maybe going to bake this weekend, will make pictures again :slight_smile:
Not sure what I am going to do, but i have confidence in my creativity. :wink:

Ohh, I just made some bomb apple crumble. We canned a whole bunch of the filling a month or so ago and I just covered it in brown sugar, oats, and some other spices and shoved it in the oven. The filling is the best part but it’s my mom’s recipe. I’ll try and squeeze it out of her and share it with you…