Norif I: The Lost Raven (WIP RPG Fantasy) Updated 7/24 in my last comment

Still cranking away on this. Doing a complete rewrite of the battle system and making great deal of progress. The battle system core and an Inventory is really exciting, but someone else is writing this, do not want to steal their thunder as it is still in development. Just wanted to praise them for the work they are doing. :smile: The battle system is going to be generic in form for certain aspects as I really would like to put something up that others may find helpful and want to use and adapt it to their RPG type games. See so many great RPG type WIPs fail as the battle system and inventory can be very complex for a new user.

Once this is all up and running then will be adding in all the little things that I want lol.

Hope you all are well and writing. :wink:

6 Likes

Progress update only. So I am modding @CitizenShawn [Resource] Please Break/Test/MakeUseOf my "Simpler Inventory System!". I finally have it working up to the attack but currently writing all the shop code so you can buy and equip before the battle, just spent… I not sure how long I have been coding this tonight lol, lets just say it was a long time. I am very happy with the results, once I have the shops in then will load the monsters, only a few for testing can add the rest later, then back to making the system attack work. Have to still weave in magic but may do that during the attack process. Well off to bed, hope you all are well and writing. :smile:

4 Likes

It has been a long road getting this far in the project, five complete restarts, 75% of the original concept had to be dumped and was a constant battle with the battle system, pun intended. But thanks to @CitizenShawn and many others along the way I finally can see daylight coming throught the cracks of the battle system. Still a lot of work ahead but I have not fought this long to give up know.

The scope of the project is still very large and for a long time I felt this would be better suited to a group of writers, and with the success of some other team written projects I feel it is time to ask. This a general feeler to see if any rpg writers might want to team up and work on this project. I have a long list for the game but very open to new ideas, of course regardless of intrest or not I will still be here working on it lol. :smile:

3 Likes

I’m down to help with the story and, as always, the mechanics. I’m an “RPG System” geek at heart, and I love rules and mechanics!

1 Like

I’ll start a pm thread tonight so we can share ideas and work out details, if we have any others that want to jion in then I can add them later. Off to bed for now.

1 Like

Alright we changed the title a little to close to Ravenloft the DnD game. Shawn is busy working on the advanced inventory system while I cleanup the opening. We will be doing a lot of testing and changing but once we’re happy will post so no update date at this time but will be pushing hard to get this critter up. :grin:

*Edit finally have all the elments in for the ending but still needs a lot of work going to wait to upload until we have the bugs worked out and have the inventory system in place, on the bright side I broke 50k tonight on the story.

3 Likes

Trying to find a fantasy RPG type word to replace ‘genetic re-sequencing’.

Trait moulding? Speciescraft? Is that the sort of phrase you had in mind, or something along other lines?

(Desperately resisting suggesting ‘Mendelblot’)

1 Like

Fall back on the fantasy spell-sequencing ← there you go: spell sequencing.

I really should have been a ghost writer, huh? :wink:

1 Like

I always liked the term Shaping for this, as used by the rpg series Geneforge.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your wonderful imput as always i really loved the ideas but think I will go with @FairyGodfeather suggestion. How does racial reshaping sound?

I wouldn’t use the word racial.

(I changed the title since you were briefly The Lost Rave, which would be a different type of story) :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hmmm… ok will have think on it as serval races DNA where used in the potion.

Can you explain more about it? What it does? How it’s done?

1 Like

Mage Tech sponsored by the government is trying to creat a super human being using DNA from different races to defeat a immortal foe bansihed long ago. The MC is the result of the potion.

Edit Of course the finer details were not related to the MC’s parents. They were given the impression that they would finally be able to have a child who should be extremely healthy. :wink:

The end result being a character that is comprised of all species, not just one or two like a half-breed. This eliminates choosing race for the main character, right @Lordirish?

1 Like

Yes exactly, thanks.

So a super-soldier programme. I’d focus on that maybe. Making something ultimate, combining together, converging, merging, amalgamate…

I didn’t like Racial Reshaping itself, at least not just the two words together, because I was worried that it might mean you’re changing human races, like black people into Caucasian.

1 Like

I can see that lol ok so racail is out the door. Thanks for pointing that out.

With that in mind @Lordirish it would be cool if you could design your own “species” to a limited amount, like you can be light skin, dark skin, or blue skinned, or whatever! Decide if pointy ears prevailed in the genetics, or if you ended up shorter or taller.

1 Like